FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Fund-Raising Ideas

Scotty

Season ticket holders could choose to buy a match ticket instead of using the season ticket for 1 (or more) match.

What is a season ticket about anyway...do you get into regular home league matches free or at lesser cost? And can you pay a season ticket up monthly, like you can with Celtic's silly money season tickets, over 4 or 10 months?

season ticket means you pre-pay for your ticket to all league games, usually at a discount, and also normally gives you first refusal on your defined seat for cup games. for all-ticket league games (Celtic, Rangers [in the past], and maybe one or two others) you also get an earlier chance to purchase extras over and above the seat you already have.

see here: http://ictfc.com/matches/tickets/ticket-prices

How about we open a nando's franchise in one corner of the stadium. This could increase revenue whilst inceasing our player retention rate - win win :P

Shares are the mechanism of choice for me so keen to hear more from anyone who knows about the logistics

Edited by ICT_Away

Some good ideas in their folks, I'm up for wine tasting and of ICTChris' brilliant suggestion which would raise more money than anything.

Mine is door to door hard selling of season tickets whereby the seller would simply take a good commission. Anything you can get for an empty seat is a bonus and even offer them cheaper.

I happy quite happy to have someone sitting next to me for half the cost I paid who otherwise wouldn't come? Don't bother me as I am a die hard fan.

I am aware that this idea is not full proof

Some good ideas in their folks, I'm up for wine tasting and of ICTChris' brilliant suggestion which would raise more money than anything.

Mine is door to door hard selling of season tickets whereby the seller would simply take a good commission. Anything you can get for an empty seat is a bonus and even offer them cheaper.

I happy quite happy to have someone sitting next to me for half the cost I paid who otherwise wouldn't come? Don't bother me as I am a die hard fan.

I am aware that this idea is not full proof

Along similar lines, but have some sort of stall in the Eastgate / Falcon Square for the few weeks to the start of the season selling merchandise from the club shop. Of course, staff hours (unless trusted volunteers did it) and costs to the Eastagate Centre may hinder this.

How about a game between a team of Legends/ U19's and some of us that have done the Fans in Trg courses.

Any monies raised could go into club coffers. There's been a few games with the Legends etc and always a goos atmosphere?

How about a game between a team of Legends/ U19's and some of us that have done the Fans in Trg courses.

Any monies raised could go into club coffers. There's been a few games with the Legends etc and always a goos atmosphere?

I still think the Football Aid model is very easy to replicate and bring a few £000 into the club. Off the top of my head...

• The supporters trust agrees a date with the club; perhaps at the end of the season.
  • The supporters trust sell positions for 'home' and 'away' teams - fixed prices for 45min/90min positions. With subs and an average of (lets say) £100 that's about £3200 (2x16 player teams). I however think people would pay a much higher fee; especially for striker positions. Maybe have a 'legend' playing in each team or a 'legend manager'. This can even be done on ebay with 'buy it now' functions.
  • Silent auction for the honour to wear the captain's arm band for home and away teams = £50-£100.
  • Ticketed entry to Main Stand for £5 - I'd predict about 100 or so family and friends would want to attend to watch their nearest and dearest play at their club's home ground in a full club strip = another £500.
  • Open the bar for pre-match, half time and post match awards = another couple of £100s.
  • 32 fans go home with renewed passion for the club in addition to a raft of proud family members and friends, perhaps willing to increase their future ICT contributions.

So even with those reserved figures; you are looking at £4000+. I'd imagine if this idea was to run, then we'd look more toward a figure of £5000-£7000.

We should have nipped in ahead of charles green and bought Rangers, then sold off the ground and murray park. Dare say we would have made a few quid out of that. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if thats what Charles has on his mind too!

• Agree 1

As I live in Perth alot of other teams fans are asking where the best place to go in Dingwall for food and drink.got me thinking that the club could use the stadium for buses and car traveling fans to stop before game.

• Agree 1

Train times are crap out of Dingwall after game. First one 19.19 would mean two hours in the Mallard and 20.15 from Sneck back down to Perth. Could my body handle it. Could my immune system cope with the extra hours subjected to the great unwashed.

ICT build a hotel.

Will make details available soon on how people can contribute via the Supporters Trust.

Hows this progressing.

Sorry for the delay in replying.

We (Supporters Trust) have a meeting on Tuesday and I hope to get the details signed off for us to put this in place.

Here's an idea - ICT and all the other SPL clubs lobby the SPL to move all games scheduled for 3PM between November and February to be moved to 1PM. That would cut costs as there would be less of a need for floodlights.

What about putting solar panels on the roof of each stand? That might be quite costly in the beginning but may pay for itself as time goes on. There's also sometimes subsidies that comes with having these sorts of things.

There are actually schemes in place were the solar panels cost nothing, Trouble is we in Scotland lack the one thing that makes the schemes work...............................................................................Sunshine!!!

What about the trust raises funds to seat the whole of the west terracing so we could sell those seats to the Tics of the world.

If things are as bad as I fear, I think the time has arrived for some sort of 'fighting fund'. County accept donations via paypal I think. i've always thought these kind of things should be used only in the case of financial crisis. Well we are deep into a financial crisis!

No need for a fighting fund mark.lets all just start going to home games instead of away games and back our team to the til.i know it's not easy mate lets make the Kilmarnock game a 5000 plus afair and stuff going to paisley

• Agree 1

Here's an idea - ICT and all the other SPL clubs lobby the SPL to move all games scheduled for 3PM between November and February to be moved to 1PM. That would cut costs as there would be less of a need for floodlights.

What about putting solar panels on the roof of each stand? That might be quite costly in the beginning but may pay for itself as time goes on. There's also sometimes subsidies that comes with having these sorts of things.

Not a bad idea about the solar panels but we can only put them up by the tea shed opposite the main stand (South facing)and the payments are dropping to 16 ppkw so theres not much money in it any more to justify paying for the install, we cant use the free version either as we can only use the electricity as its produced and that doesnt suit the demands of a football club

Win the lottery! :lol: I'm sure many folk are in work lottery pools. So we do a fans Euromillions Lottery Pool once per week. As many people as possible get involved and donate £1 each (half the price of the ticket price). How ever many £1's are entered, we buy as many Euromillions as possible. We then split any winnings 50/50. i.e. 50% to the club and 50% divided to the folk playing. Any winnings less than say £200 gets reinvested in Lottery tickets, so if we have lots of people playing and win a small amount one week, we could buy up to 100 lucky dips lol. Obviously, this is difficult to organise in terms of getting the money, maybe a pay pal account or something.

So, i'm going to ask / aim for 10 Caley Thistle friends that I see reguarly. If we all ask 10 friends that you see regularly, then have lots of pools in theory every week there could be hundereds of Lottery tickets bought for Caley Thistle! It may reduce the odds from 16,000,000/1 to say 15,999,999/1 but if you play the Lottery regularly then why not give it a go for Caley Thistle. Plus, it's a bit of fun as well without throwing away lots of money. Not a serious fundraising idea and obviously we wouldn't count on winning, but you never know!

It could be us!

I'll let you know once I have my ten....

Edited by CapitalCaley