FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Fund-Raising Ideas

Scotty

No need for a fighting fund mark.lets all just start going to home games instead of away games and back our team to the til.i know it's not easy mate lets make the Kilmarnock game a 5000 plus afair and stuff going to paisley

That's fine for those who can attend games.....or who can commit to buying season tickets (Does buying season tickets block seats from being used by drop-in punters, out of interest?)

A paypal donation fund, not necessarily a fighting fund, would be useful for those who live furth of Inverness, and who, for whatever reason, are mostly armchair/forum supporters, but would like to help if they can....but can see no way they can do that without committing themselves to the purchase of a season ticket...which, in the current economic climate is not always an option, particularly for those on a limited income.

I could certainly afford to attend at least one home game a month....but for many personal reasons, I can't attend any...but there is no obvious way I can simply donate the cost of a ticket for whichever game in the month I could attend direct to ICT coffers. Seems to me an opportunity missed...but what do I know?

That's fine for those who can attend games.....or who can commit to buying season tickets (Does buying season tickets block seats from being used by drop-in punters, out of interest?)

Of course it does. Those sits will be being sat on by those who've bought them!

Even if they don't attend that game for whatever reason and the seats are sitting empty for the whole game?

OK, I know I'm nit-picking.....but that is why I'm not convinced that buying season tickets is the best way for those who can't, and know that they can't, attend games to help out........much more sensible to have some method of as and when donations which will not block seats.

Even if they don't attend that game for whatever reason and the seats are sitting empty for the whole game?

OK, I know I'm nit-picking.....but that is why I'm not convinced that buying season tickets is the best way for those who can't, and know that they can't, attend games to help out........much more sensible to have some method of as and when donations which will not block seats.

Be convinced, we have not sold out a game in years so don't worry about your ticket going to waste. When you can't attend you could always try to give it to someone who might be interested in going so they could give it a try.

If you can afford it buy it! there's no question in my mind that's what I'd do, all the money goes directly to the club.

Do it, you know it makes sense! :)

Yes.

Chances are though, they've bought that seat and will be sitting there. It's not really a very difficult concept to understand.

• Agree 1

Havent read the entirety of this thread (probably should have) so apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere.

But I thought of this idea and thought i'd air it on here anyway. This would be an easy and quick way for fans to give money to the club with minimal effort or fuss

Quite often on television nowadays you see competitions run whereby a prize (more often than not cash/holiday/car) is offered and all the entrant has to do is text a 5 digit number with the answer to an incredibly easy question. The texts usually cost anything from £1.50 to £3.00 per entry and you can enter as many times as you want. If you think about the details behind the system I would imagine the money taken from text entries would be more than the prize is worth as long as the prize is desirable enough

If ICT were to offer a season ticket as a prize and say entries were £2 a pop then surely we could muster more than 200 entries to turn in a profit?

This could be done with any sort of prize (season ticket, new stip, day at hospitality, stadium tour, meet a player/manager etc) and could probably be run monthly. Properly marketed and advertised i'm confident this could be a potential money generator.

Similarly this could be applied to donating money. A fund like 'Top up Terry's Transfer Tin' could be set up with the options of either dropping off cash/cheques to the stadium or by using the same text method as above. A 5 digit text number could be texted with the words 'DONATE 5' and £5 be donated to the club, or 'DONATE 10' and £10. many other clubs have used appeals to generate income, no reason why we cant

No idea how much this would be to implement or indeed if it would be feasible but thought i would share it

EDITED TO ADD: Ive found a company that offers this service so if a Mod or Site Admin wants the web address to forward on then feel free to DM for details

Edited by Libero

Libero, I have details of a few companies who offer such a service...the biggest problem I have had with trying to get it off the ground is the charges that apply for rental of short code/words and the fact they take a not insubstantial chunk of the entry money.

Not sure if it's sensible to ask fans to "invest" £2 when in reality less than half of that could end up going to the club....although I also realise that half of nothing is better than 100% of nothing.

Fire me over the link for the company you have and I'll take a look though.

Sent you a DM CaleyD

I knew there would be costs associated but had no idea whether it would make the idea unfeasible. I guess it all comes down to whether their are enough fans willing to contribute to offset the costs to run it.

Good way to help the club and not spend money is to try and use any sponsors that the club are associated with.i no these businesses love feed back from customers on why they chose there particular establishment.so next time your out for a meal go to one that has an advertising board at the stadium then let the manager no that is why u chose there restaurant.

• Agree 5

That is a good idea bob but, though it helps promote the club and encourages the establishment to continue their support, it doesnt put money into the club that is needed now. Those people will already have paid their dues and the club will have included those in the budget.

I've just been right through this thread for the first time, some nice ideas and I am glad to see the club has already acted and started putting together some packages for the fans to help out.

I am very interested in the shares idea. I'd love to see the club be super innovative and carry out a scheme similar to Brewdog's equity for punks (http://www.brewdog.com/equityforpunks).

I'm going to put my businessman thinking cap on and see what ideas I can come up with.

Would the club be able to offer a package similar to Aberdeens 10-game season ticket. This could be marketed for those who work offshore or move away for university and therefore will not make enough home games to justify purchasing a full season ticket. These tickets could be limited to certain areas of the stadium as it is in the case of Aberdeen.

They could also be priced separately - a cheaper one that doesn't include a ticket for Celtic or County games but does give you the option of first refusal on these matches or a more expensive one that allows your tickets to cover the Celtic and/or County games if you wish it to?

Is there any way ICT can offer tie-in deals with other companies/attractions in the city?

Examples could be show 4 ticket stubs and get a free meal somewhere or a discount on the bill. Or buy two adult tickets and get a 2 half price cinema tickets free. Likewise this could be reciprocated by the other party. A meal for 4 will get you half price entry for 4 into Caley Stadium?

It would be beneficial for both parties and could potentially encourage families to get involved in that the men of the family could go to the football while the women could enjoy an afternoon at the gym or spa or shopping or suchlike?

It could be applied to all sorts of organisations. Aquadome/leisure centre, ice rink, gyms, shops, restaurants, cinemas, eden court, dolphin tours, paintballing, spas, hotel stays.....etc. there could be numerous potential

the finer details could all be ironed out between interested parties but getting more fans through the gates all be it on a slightly subsidised rate would be better than nothing

Is there any way ICT can offer tie-in deals with other companies/attractions in the city?

Examples could be show 4 ticket stubs and get a free meal somewhere or a discount on the bill. Or buy two adult tickets and get a 2 half price cinema tickets free. Likewise this could be reciprocated by the other party. A meal for 4 will get you half price entry for 4 into Caley Stadium?

It would be beneficial for both parties and could potentially encourage families to get involved in that the men of the family could go to the football while the women could enjoy an afternoon at the gym or spa or shopping or suchlike?

It could be applied to all sorts of organisations. Aquadome/leisure centre, ice rink, gyms, shops, restaurants, cinemas, eden court, dolphin tours, paintballing, spas, hotel stays.....etc. there could be numerous potential

the finer details could all be ironed out between interested parties but getting more fans through the gates all be it on a slightly subsidised rate would be better than nothing

I believe Dundee do something like that and it's entwined with their sponsors in some way.

Here's another idea, this might seem a bit left field but hear me out - When you're coming into land at Luton Airport, I've always noticed that on the way down, there's a retail park, with a B&Q. I know that because they've stuck a massive yellow B&Q sign on the roof, so thousands of people everyday will be sitting looking out the window saying "Oh look there's a B&Q!". Now the planes coming in to Inverness get quite a good view of the TCS on the way in, particularly the top of the South Stand. Could the club get more money from advertising on the roof of that stand a la B&Q?

Edited by Renegade

I believe B&Q have that on the roof of all their stores. Also how often to planes actually fly over the stadium? Not knocking the idea but research needed. As the winds in the east of Scotland are generally from the west and south then I'd have thought the more common approach to the runway would be from the north east.

I believe B&Q have that on the roof of all their stores. Also how often to planes actually fly over the stadium? Not knocking the idea but research needed. As the winds in the east of Scotland are generally from the west and south then I'd have thought the more common approach to the runway would be from the north east.

I dunno..the Bayview Hotel here has HOTEL on its roof.....and the only planes that fly over us are en route to Cape Wrath to drop bombs for practise in trashing the world. Bound to have been some reason for it, but darned if I can see why. Unless you have binoculars, it isn't even noticeable from the only road to and from what passes for civilisation. Might try and find out the reason...you never know, it might be sensible (though I doubt it!)

Edited to add that the Caithness fowkies on the Org say it is viewable from the A99 and my specs need replacing. It appears that it was a cheap method of advertising used quite a lot at one time..and not just for hotels, but mostly for them. I suppose if you don't know the area, a big white Hotel sign viewable on a scan of the scenery before reaching the turn off was a useful way of making your presence known.... and could encourage a traveller looking for a meal or a bed to go off-route.

The Stadium already has the equivalent of that on the stand opposite the road..if a driver hadn't already guessed what it was without needing confirmation. The fitba pitch rather gives the game away.

Had a wee google, and found this http://www.eagleviewads.com/ (in the USA, of course) though it does seem predicated on being directly viewable from flight paths. How many planes land at Dalcross from a direction to overfly TCS at sufficient levels to make that kind of thing profitable to an advertiser?

Edited by Oddquine

Today at the stadium I came across promotional literature for the ICT "Walk of Fame" where, for £80, a name can be engraved for posterity on the likes of a step in the main stand.

Accordingly, I think we should have a whip round on here for the £160 that it would cost to engrave, in a prominent place, the names of "DOUGAL" and "BUENOS HORNELL"

:lol: :lol: :lol: