FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Roberts

NormaStitz

Couldn't make the game on Sat - the only home game I've missed so far. Typical.

I want to know more about Roberts. From what I saw on the highlights last night eg the aimless hoof to Foran at the back post and the tap in for no 4, he looks useful. The topiary on top of his head looks absolutely lethal.

What did everyone make of him? He looks to be figuring well in the POTY poll.

• Agree 1

An interesting player. Quite a bit of chat about him at Stenhousemuir. I guess the pedigree of coming from Arsenal is promising and he must be bursting to prove he can hack it at this level.

There's a bit of the headless chicken about him which could be put down to over-enthusiasm but he managed more shots on target during extra time midweek than the rest of the team did in the previous 90*.

When I see him running at defenders I'm reminded of Steve Hislop, with slightly less tendency to waddle off towards the corner flag.

A direct runner and a promising loanee. How long have we got him for?

*I obviously don't have any stats to back this up. So don't ask.

He looked a good prospect, did well against physically stronger players, ran and took on opponents, has good vision for the cross and other passes he made and took his finish well. I did think that after about 60mins he started to look tired, but with more games will come better fitness and overall I liked what I saw and think he can link well with Foran & Shinnie. Good bit of business by TB, hopefully he can sustain his performance level and kick on over the next few months.

I think the "aimless hoof" quip in the original post is unfair. In the highlights he looks up before he crosses. Oh that some of his team mates would do the same.

Roberts v Tokely on Friday night............intriguing!!

• Agree 1

I see very good things happening for him. He will eventually be moulded into a striker by arsenal. Or wherever he plys his future trade. (Definatly at a premiership level). But the time on the Wing will do him no harm, he clearly has the work rate and clearly has quality to go with it. Could see him becoming a very good striker.

Already the arsenal partnership is paying dividence the club deserve huge credit for getting that deal done.

• Agree 2