Mark McGhee sacked.

Guest Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

After a 4-1 loss to York City, Bristol Rovers axe boss Mark McGhee.

The poor man should have stayed at Motherwell because since leaving them, he's been axed at both clubs.

Wonder who Bristol R board will turn to next.

Bristol Rovers have had a torrid time of late, and can't seem to find the right manager to motivate them to get out of trouble. They're in danger of falling out of the EFL.

I feel sorry for our fellow poster, Dmacca, whose home team it is. Let's hope for a brighter second half of the season for them.

McGhee cemented Gary Kenneth to the heart of their defence and placed Riordan on the bench as opposed to in front of the bench for aimless runs. Sadly one must question the judgement of the Rovers chairman. 

McGhee in January 2012 said "I'm quite nervous but I hope the nerves show that I'm not complacent and thinking that it's going to be easy," while Chairman Nick Higgs added: "Mark sold himself very well. He's not coming here for a stepping stone to get back into his career, he wants to come here and re-build the club. We've reached a low ebb and we need to move forward."

14 December 2012 ''I never imagined in a million years that, at any stage this season, we would be in the relegation zone.

"It's a shock to my system as much as anybody else's." ''

On 1 December 2010 'Mark McGhee sacked as boss of Aberdeen' with the BBC reminding everyone 'his tenure began with an 8-1 aggregate defeat - their heaviest ever in Europe - to Czech outfit Sigma Olomouc and they ended the season in ninth place in the SPL. Following this season's humiliating defeat by Celtic (9-0), lengthy discussions were held between McGhee and the board. Despite strong indications that the manager was about to be sacked, he remained in post with both sides stressing their determination to improve both on and off the park.''

The Telegraph reported ''Mark McGhee’s 18-month spell in charge of Aberdeen came to its anticipated end on Wednesday night with a brief announcement from the Pittodrie chairman, Stewart Milne, who had granted his beleaguered manager a stay of execution three weeks ago after the worst defeat in the club’s history.''

Edited by CELTIC1CALEY3

Bristol Rovers have had a torrid time of late, and can't seem to find the right manager to motivate them to get out of trouble. They're in danger of falling out of the EFL.

I feel sorry for our fellow poster, Dmacca, whose home team it is. Let's hope for a brighter second half of the season for them.

Well I was slow on the uptake with this one, thanks for the thoughts though CMiB (hope your well) The club are in a sorry state general consensus down here is that the club needs change from boardroom level down, weve had a succession of managers from rookie to succesfull yet none seem to cut the mustard, the players also have to look at themselves and take some responsibility, heard the usual nonsense this week in the local media players spouting off about giving an extra 10% effort for the cause, ridiculous comments were they not giving their best efforts for McGee already?

Still the messiah has arrived John Ward is back for a second spell as manager, in all fairness I liked JW first time around he is a very well respected man in the lower leagues and we could do worse, we play Rotherham at home today, its gonna be hard but the quid a kid scheme and a free extra ticket supplied to all season ticket holders shoud ensure a bumper crowd, I will be on the terrace this afternoon fingers and everything else crossed for both Rovers and ICT, the difference between the two clubs fortunes which I follow couldnt be more different at this moment in time, good luck to both.