FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

On a Life support Machine FB page

BornCaley

It make's you wonder what went so terribly wrong in these peoples' lives that has made them hate absolutely everybody and everything?

Who is AD? Is this the guy who wouldnt support ICT when they went into the 3rd division so decided to glory hunt with a "big club" instead and went for Rangers - who are now in the 3rd division while ICT are 3rd in the SPL?

What a feckin brilliant "page" - a must read fer all the owder Howden Enders.

Dont want to start of another merger debate but it does show how strong the bond was with the old teams - a bit like Wimbledon and MK Dons. For some the wounds run really deep and in the end it is their lives and their decisions - whether it is viewed as being stoopid or incredibly loyal to the cause.

• Agree 1

I'm all for remembering and even celebrating our pre-merger history...and that includes stuff like LSM etc.  However, that page does the memory of Caledonian FC no justice whatsoever.  There's nearly 110 years of Caledonian FC and Inverness Thistle FC to be remembered, not just the "merger years".  Yes, they are important and they should not be glossed over or ignored....but obsessing over them or hiding away from recognising our true history because of them only serves to deny the current generations the chance to celebrate them.

And if I am honest....we're probably all as guilty for getting so drawn into this type of discussion every time it comes up.

• Agree 2

I'm all for remembering and even celebrating our pre-merger history...and that includes stuff like LSM etc.  However, that page does the memory of Caledonian FC no justice whatsoever.  There's nearly 110 years of Caledonian FC and Inverness Thistle FC to be remembered, not just the "merger years".  Yes, they are important and they should not be glossed over or ignored....but obsessing over them or hiding away from recognising our true history because of them only serves to deny the current generations the chance to celebrate them.

And if I am honest....we're probably all as guilty for getting so drawn into this type of discussion every time it comes up.

What the hell has thistles history got to do with a Caledonian F.C. fanzine page ?

What the hell has thistles history got to do with a Caledonian F.C. fanzine page ?

A great deal given the recent joint history of the clubs.

A great deal given the recent joint history of the clubs.

The fanzine was anti-merger , for fans of Caledonian F.C. It spread hate for the merger and thistle .

I think,at times, it just spread hate for everything and everybody it could!

Strong on being hubristic and self righteous about Caley's 100 plus years of history. But very weak on knowing and understanding very much about what that was before the glory days of the 80s.

But at the same time, it was often very well written!!

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Agree 1

His own facebook page is a bigot fest. His activities include 'f*ck the pope,' 'shouting f*uck the pope,' and 'peep o'day boys.' The pages he likes includes 4 f*ck the pope pages, various anti irish pages and a burning the bible page...

Would he have even supported Caledonian over his 'big team' if it came to that. He is definietly no loss as a fan!

• Agree 1

Nice bit of racism in the main picture too with the line "Not for sale to muslems".

Can't even get the spelling correct.

Or was "Muslem" a term for a rival Highland League side that I don't know of?

I wasn't sure if that was actually written on the original LSM's or has this person doctored it.

Nah, it was on issue 2 (I think). Not the way it would be interpreted nowadays - something to do with Clach being the Mujahideen.....

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  - You just had to be there at the time - shure AD was fairly classic of the old faithful as we predominantly followed one of the Old Filth brigade as our "first" team. But who was the real brain behind the LSM ? :wave:

Well if there was ever any proof needed to back up the alleged number of refuseniks in our City or for that matter further a field this Facebook page has it This is a new page created only a few days ago yet the number of likes is steadily increasing Bannerman and his new best mate CaleyD can try and spread their lies regarding their phonebox or a handful of rebels but this blows their theories right out of the water Dougal

• Agree 1