FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Kyle White

• 1 month later...

So only a few months ago, Kyle White was a highly rated youngster who we'd have a struggle to keep.  Who's he signed for?

Clach  :furtive:

From this.........http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11795/8193896/A-host-of-clubs-are-chasing-Inverness-Caledonian-Thistle-attacker-Kyle-Whyte .............to Clach

It is probably unfair to make fun of this simply because none of us know the reasoning and circumstances behind his decisions. It may well be that he wants to do other things besides football and doesnt want a professional contract.

I wasn't attempting to make for him, just seems a bit strange that there was a host of clubs after him and numerous scouts from all over Britain watching him.  Only for us to then release him and the winner of the race to sign him up is Clach!

I play in Nairn for a welfare team and I did hear that a Kyle White could potentially be banned for up to 2-years having played for one of the welfare teams in a competitive match when already signed up for Clach, despite being warned about the ban before playing.

(I also heard the team he played for went on to lose)

I play in Nairn for a welfare team and I did hear that a Kyle White could potentially be banned for up to 2-years having played for one of the welfare teams in a competitive match when already signed up for Clach, despite being warned about the ban before playing.

Welfare football is welfare football. I would have thought any ban would only be applicable if he was to want to play in welfare football in the next two years. Usually it is the team who plays an ineligible player who get penalised, anyway...if he was ineligible at the time of playing in the first place.    But happy to be corrected if I have it wrong..

It is really hard to work out in which Scottish Football pies the SFA have their fingers, and how they all  connect together and  how each league affects the one above or below them anyway.  I'd have thought that until a contract  with a Highland League team had been accepted by the SFA, the player could play anywhere as a trialist....but maybe not.

Edited by Oddquine

Maybe what was mentioned to me is rubbish. Maybe it isnt. I Can only say it came up during a discussion over insurance money and player registrations. We've no doubt all been in a place where the conversation includes other chit chat regarding the same topic - in this case player registrations and insurance.

Welfare football or not, a player is registered to the sfa as playing for 1 team. You cant then also play for another team in a different league because you are already registered. For instance you cant play welfare midweek in inverness and be registered there and then also play in another team in aberdeen at weekends. Its one or the other

Gringo_jnr, is there any truth in the rumour that ex Caley Thistle star, Liam Keogh has pulled his boots on again and is playing for Auldearn? I can't remember where I heard the rumour but just in the off chance you've heard anything! I'm also aware that Auldearn play in the Inverness Welfare (I think) and not the Forres/Nairn league that you perform in; so I'm really clutching at straws!

Gringo_jnr, is there any truth in the rumour that ex Caley Thistle star, Liam Keogh has pulled his boots on again and is playing for Auldearn? I can't remember where I heard the rumour but just in the off chance you've heard anything! I'm also aware that Auldearn play in the Inverness Welfare (I think) and not the Forres/Nairn league that you perform in; so I'm really clutching at straws!

Apparently it's true, somebody told me they played against Auldearn recently and he was in their team!

Not heard anything about Liam Keogh playing for Auldearn. As you expected, they play in Inverness leagues and not Nairn/Forres/Elgin.

Edit: if he played against Auldearn, then he would have played in the Inverness League, meaning he's probably played for another team despite being registered at another club.

Edited by Gringo_Jnr

From the SFA registration rules .....

12.2.7 A Player may be registered on a Recreational Form for more than one Club subject always to the rules and regulations of the relevant Affiliated National Association where applicable and these Procedures.

12.3 Eligibility to Play

12.3.1 A Player who is registered upon a Recreational Form may only play for the Club(s) for which he is registered provided that to do so is not contrary to these Procedures and the rules and regulations, as appropriate of the Scottish Amateur FA, Scottish Welfare FA, Scottish Women’s FA, Scottish Youth FA and Scottish Schools FA.

Used to get this a few times back in my days on the committee of the IDAFA .... we had professional or semi-pros coming back to the amateurs after retiring from HFL or SFL and that was a paperwork minefield to get them classified as an amateur again. We also had players who - quite legally - played for more than one team in different associations, and I know some associations used to also allow 'trialists' who could play up to 3 games. Not sure how it all lies now though as the IDAFA broke away from its affiliation to the SAFA years ago when the SAFA were pushing through a raft of unpopular measures, and as far as I know it is now (or was) a directly registered association with the SFA .... bottom line, cant see the player doing anything too dodgy as he would presumably have been on pro or semi-pro forms at ICT, and would then have to jump through hoops to register as an amateur to play in welfare/amateur, and then go back and sign semi-pro forms (or non-recreational I think they are called now) to play in anything from North Caledonian League or above.... and you cant just switch every few months!

Apparently it's true, somebody told me they played against Auldearn recently and he was in their team!

It is true, Liam lives in Auldearn and pulls on the boots for them when he isn't working offshore

• 2 weeks later...

Gringo_jnr, is there any truth in the rumour that ex Caley Thistle star, Liam Keogh has pulled his boots on again and is playing for Auldearn? I can't remember where I heard the rumour but just in the off chance you've heard anything! I'm also aware that Auldearn play in the Inverness Welfare (I think) and not the Forres/Nairn league that you perform in; so I'm really clutching at straws! Apparently it's true, somebody told me they played against Auldearn recently and he was in their team!

It is true, Liam lives in Auldearn and pulls on the boots for them when he isn't working offshore A couple weeks ago Jamie duff played for the keg against Farr. ( the team I'm playing for at the moment) as long as the player hasn't signed anything with another junior/semi pro/professional team then he is eligible to play i believe.

• Agree 1

Only reason I can think for Whyte getting released is his persistent knee injury.

Fully expect him to be at Nairn County next season.

What persistent knee injury? He does not have one..

That must make walking very awkward.