FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scottish Cup 2014 - Fourth Round draw

Sneckboy

Dundee and Dundee United also drawn in home ties! There will have to be a bit of movement in those ties, certainly!

But, I think we could 'get away' with Inverness v Morton and Ross County v Hibs on the same day?

Nice job for the Transport Police to separate the Leith smack heads from the Greenock coke-brigade outside WH Smiths at the station, as their fans literally **** themselves while fascinating at how next-year's Highland calendars are displayed on things that spin around! WOW!

Not stereo-typing here! - go and watch - if you can wade through the 45 litres of pee imposed on the Sunday cleaners.!

• 2 weeks later...

With these games being played in three weeks time you'd think the beaks would have the fixtures sorted by now.

Less than a fortnight now... and no confirmation.

If I'm honest, I don't anticipate there being any issue with us and County playing on the same day, as there'll be minimal Morton fans coming up on the train (as the cost will be so high to buy a ticket at short notice).

As a side note... is anyone else wanting a County win v. Terry Butcher's Hibs next saturday? :wink:

Easy win for Hibs unfortunately. Butcher and Malpass could not have asked for an easier tie.

Ross County Wanderers are struggling a bit without Munro and Tokley. Their Manager has drifted into the supernatural after initially suggesting Goodwin was handy around the box. 

https://twitter.com/Glasgowbud1965/status/402522308121595904/photo/1

• Agree 1

With these games being played in three weeks time you'd think the beaks would have the fixtures sorted by now.

If I'm honest, I don't anticipate there being any issue with us and County playing on the same day, as there'll be minimal Morton fans coming up on the train (as the cost will be so high to buy a ticket at short notice).

As a side note... is anyone else wanting a County win v. Terry Butcher's Hibs next saturday? :wink:

The 08:20 train from Aberdeen still has the cheap singles as does the 18:13 return if you fancy that?

The 08:20 train from Aberdeen still has the cheap singles as does the 18:13 return if you fancy that?

I might end up driving it with my missus, as we have to pick up furniture from my folks in Elgin. Her first home game, as she's only seen a pre-season match v Huntly a few years ago (I think it was 2-0 with Danny Sanchez scoring)

Revised draw after replays:

Albion Rovers  v  Motherwell

Alloa Athletic  v  Stirling Albion

Ayr United  v  Dunfermline Athletic

Berwick Rangers  v  Dumbarton

Brechin City  v  Forfar Athletic

Clyde  v  Stranraer

Dundee  v  Raith Rovers

Dundee United  v  Kilmarnock

Falkirk  v  Rangers

Hearts  v  Celtic

Inverness Caley Thistle  v  Morton

Partick Thistle  v  Aberdeen

Queen of the South  v  St. Mirren

Ross County  v  Hibernian

St. Johnstone  v  Livingston

Stenhousemuir  v  Fraserburgh

Saturday 30th November @ 3pm  (unless otherwise stated):

Dundee United  v  Kilmarnock  (Friday 29th  7:45pm)

Falkirk  v  Rangers  (Saturday 30th  12:45pm)

Albion Rovers  v  Motherwell

Alloa Athletic  v  Stirling Albion

Ayr United  v  Dunfermline Athletic

Berwick Rangers  v  Dumbarton

Brechin City  v  Forfar Athletic

Clyde  v  Stranraer

Dundee  v  Raith Rovers

Inverness Caley Thistle  v  Morton

Queen of the South  v  St. Mirren

Ross County  v  Hibernian

St. Johnstone  v  Livingston

Stenhousemuir  v  Fraserburgh

Partick Thistle  v  Aberdeen  (Sunday 1st December  12:45pm)

Hearts  v  Celtic  (Sunday 1st December  3pm)

Edited by Sneckboy

They may have drawn at Celtic Park earlier in the year but Morton were thrashed at home by Livi today and even Barrowman got on the score sheet.  We should be able to put a few past them without reply.

By the time we play them in the cup next week we should have a new manager in place and I wonder how they will play it.  Do they look at the "normal" starting XI with a view to starting with a comfortable win under their belt, or do they take the opportunity to look at a few more players who maybe haven't had a first team start.  For instance they might start with Toby up front and Billy on the bench. 

I'm normally in favour of playing your strongest team because it is, after all, important to make sure you win and the teams from lower leagues are always "up for it".  No messing for me.  Start with the strongest team and tell them to play as if they were playing County.  Early subs regardless of the score - if they are winning comfortably then there is no risk.  If they are not then they are not doing well enough and others should be given the chance to do better.