FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Announcement re Managerial Situation

CaleyD

AsI said

will agree

thanks for all you have done fot ITC just wish it would have been resolved in a better way

onwards and upwards

I have a feeling Terry and Mo will regret this more than us, onwards and upwards

Terry and go to Hibs

!whatta mistakea to make"

ICT onwards and upwards

Your loss lads, thanks for all you have done for the club.

They have done well for us and are leaving a good team for the incoming Manager and we have to thank them for that - but I can't help feeling they have made a big mistake as they will find out every time we play them :lol:  :ictscarf:

Al give the pair of em 2 seasons. Fenlon got Hibs back to Back Scottish Cup Final appearances and still that wasnt good enuff for them. Terry and Mo had it easy up here.Now...there is pressure for sucsess. They will regret this move, of that im sure.

I suppose, like everyone else I'm just glad this is over. The longer it dragged on, the more Terry and Maurice's achievements would have been soured by the nature of their departure and they achieved too much at this club for that to happen. I'm glad the club offered Mo the chance to take over the reins and minimise the fallout from Terry's departure and  I know how desperately disappointed Kenny Cameron will be right now, but he and his board have conducted business the way that Caley Thistle always do - the right way and they are to be congratulated on that. Like every Caley Thistle fan, I am now anxious about what comes next but I'm heartened by the statement tonight but I'm at least thankful for this international break as we draw breath.

As Kenny says, we have a fantastic pedigree of appointing bosses and I look forward to seeing who emerges as candidates. In amongst all of this, don't forget the team who have got us this far in our best seaon to date and please get along to the Saints game in numbers to give them your loud, clear and unconditional support. They deserve it.

Davie Balfour

• Agree 7

They did a good job here and the club are at the highest level yet. However they did get complete support and nearly five years to get to this stage. Can't think of any other manager having that kind of backing over the same period and can't see it happening at Hibs. The process of leaving was yet again more mince than tattles what with the coat and bunnet display and didn't need all the mangling of words by Mo over the weekend about his position too.

Others have said that managers leaving us in these circumstances haven't then done much and that's true. The club have a good record in managerial signings overall and whoever comes in has a great position to start from. Just hope we can use some cash to maintain the current squad as best we can.

Impressed with Kenny Camerons statement he sounds like a fan first, chairman second.

Perhaps butcher wanted a new challenge and to be fair his stock will never be this high again. although why he didn't hang on for a big money move down south I don't know.

Quite glad Malpas didn't stay as Manager because I don't think he enjoys the limelight and it would be terrible to watch him crumble like he did at well.

Does anyone know if Marsella has stayed.

• Agree 1

Impressed with Kenny Camerons statement he sounds like a fan first, chairman second.

Perhaps butcher wanted a new challenge and to be fair his stock will never be this high again.

Think it would have been even higher had he fulfilled a cup run and got us in the top 3.  His ambition at Hibs must be a league and cup double.  Anything else, he could achieve at ICT.

I really hope hearts turns their season around and hibs get relegated that would mean butcher and mo would get fired.... all they deserve.

BACKSTABBERS is the only word that comes to mind!

Yes, I feel a sudden affinity with Hearts. Tarts to stay up, Hibs to go down! lol

Who will select the new management team. Will our Director of Football take up the reigns again following Butcher's reign?

Dont think we have a Director of Football

Does anyone know what's happening with Steve Marsella? Will he be joining Butcher? I sincerely hope he doesn't. 

Was he not quoted as saying to one of the papers that he'd be here till the end of season.

Its easy to feel bitter by whats gone on over the last few days but I think we should give credit where its due. We always knew Butcher would be taken away from us. Indeed many on here linked him to every vacancy that arose over the last couple of years. He has, however, left a legacy. He has shown that, even with small budgets, a team of our status can reach the dizzy hieghts of Scottish Football. We can all believe that anythings possible. We fear no team. We know we can beat any team. We know we can achieve all we want to achieve. The secret now is to continue to achieve. Butcher gave ICT the team. Butcher gave the fans the belief. Lets all get together and show the world that ICT can continue to be a force without Butcher.

• Agree 5

That sounds about right. KC IS a fan that happens to be chairman. One of the good guys.
  • Agree 1

Its easy to feel bitter by whats gone on over the last few days but I think we should give credit where its due. We always knew Butcher would be taken away from us. Indeed many on here linked him to every vacancy that arose over the last couple of years. He has, however, left a legacy. He has shown that, even with small budgets, a team of our status can reach the dizzy hieghts of Scottish Football. We can all believe that anythings possible. We fear no team. We know we can beat any team. We know we can achieve all we want to achieve. The secret now is to continue to achieve. Butcher gave ICT the team. Butcher gave the fans the belief. Lets all get together and show the world that ICT can continue to be a force without Butcher.

*Applauds* #Alex2013 The job is yours. 

Wow, some really negative posts on here and such hostility towards TB & MM now - how quick people are to turn. So we had a management duo that got us promoted from D1 first time of asking, rejuvenated the team by making unpopular choices and removing players who were proven to be past their best, brought a exciting and attacking style of play, gave us our first ever top 6 SPL finish and missed out on Europe by a whisker, taken the team to 2 cup semi-finals in a row.................yet all that if forgotten because like everyone in life they decided to try a new challenge with the inevitable additional cash.

While I'm not happy they have left, I certainly am grateful for what they have brought to the club and hope moving forwards a new manager can build on this.

• Agree 3