FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Inverness C.T. -V- Dundee Utd

Scotty

I will, once more, bow to your undoubted deeper understanding on this subject than me!

I was once told that faultless is lifeless so I am sure we will all agree that Mr Butcher and Hughes are indeed so full of life that they must make mistakes. The point being overlooked is .... it is not a mistake - it is, in the view of the Ross 'punt him' brigade ... an ongoing mismanagement by two managers who between them, have seen professional football up close and ... would you believe, have learnt less than the keyboard warriors on here!

Is Ross a target for EPL clubs? I don't think so! Is he the best we have in that position? Possibly. Can he improve? Of course. Is he going to improve by suggesting we punt him into a team two leagues below us? I would have thought that a keyboard warrior with delusions of Fergusion football knowledge, would even see a fault in that.

Nobody who is expressing a critical opinion regarding Nick Ross is claiming any deeper understanding than anyone else or has "delusions of Fergusion football knowledge", we're simply expressing an opinion and are as entitled to do that as others who think Nick is a key member of the team.  It would be nice if we could offer an honest opinion without firstly being criticised by you simply for disagreeing with team selection, and then being subject to snide comments when we respond to that criticism.

Perhaps next time you post you might like to enlighten fellow forum members with your views on some topic rather than simply insulting people and acting as self appointed keyboard censor. 

• Agree 1

Just seen the highlights there;  what on Earth is Nick Ross doing for the United goal?!  Casually leaning against the post and by the time he's moves, the ball's in the net.  Had he made more effort and moved over quicker, he could've kept it out.

I don't think he had a hope of stopping that but I do agree his lack of reaction is quite extraordinary.  He barely moves from his relaxed pose even when Brill lands at his feet after his dispairing dive.

If Nick  was put on  large amounts of  high protein cornflakes, Horlicks at night just before closing his eyes. , a high protein diet during the day and  weight training him soundly , he would be awesome? :lol:

The Internet is full of training schedules and "get muscles quick" routines. Surely the club can swing it? Otherwise, they can hire a player who is monstrous (the spoiler, like) and anybody who thinks they can batter Nick will have the other guy after  his hide and things and will look-up dramatically. Including the team morale.

Just a thought...you know, many a word spoken in jest et al. :smile:

Nobody who is expressing a critical opinion regarding Nick Ross is claiming any deeper understanding than anyone else or has "delusions of Fergusion football knowledge", we're simply expressing an opinion and are as entitled to do that as others who think Nick is a key member of the team.  It would be nice if we could offer an honest opinion without firstly being criticised by you simply for disagreeing with team selection, and then being subject to snide comments when we respond to that criticism.

Perhaps next time you post you might like to enlighten fellow forum members with your views on some topic rather than simply insulting people and acting as self appointed keyboard censor.

You may find it 'snide' or not 'enlightening' that I offer the opinion that punting Ross to Elgin is incorrect.

You may also find it also snide and lacking any enlightening when I offer that the managers have found Ross to be the best of our bunch and maybe, just maybe, the punting of Ross to Elgin is extreme.

This areas of my opinion you may not agree with but they are my views and are not meant to insult.

I am able to view the members of the team with a degree of criticism but I'm afraid that Brill to Rothes - Ross to Elgin makes me cringe as an ICT fan. Why? Because they are laddies trying to do a job of work and like you or I, are not always going to please their employers 100% of the time ( they have circa 3000 employers every game)

Now for the record at no time did I or would I, take exception to any member on this forum differing over team selection.

Do I have an opinion of Ross? Of course, he needs, in my opinion, some of Forans favourite stout or indeed Hughes favourite pies, to bulk him up so that his presence matches his footballing ability.

No doubt my offering will again give you some reason to find an insult therein but hey ho that's life, as Ester used to say!

Nick Ross failed to score a penalty so now he gets slated. Lets all forget the fact that he's scored twice this season. Has assisted in a few and generally has played well. Lets just blame him for us not winning yesterday in a game that we apparently dominated but couldnt beat their keeper in. In fact lets drop him and stop trying to bring through local talent.

Why the hell would we put a first team regular out on loan to a lower league? Get real people.

Nick has not been slated because he missed a penalty but because there is no end product at the end of his neat and tidy play. All too often he has shot towards goal and every time they lack power and conviction. He has scored twice..........whoop dee doo, get him knighted. Both were penalties and one of them should have been saved. Get back to me when he starts contributing regularly in open play instead of shirking tackles and aerial presence and lacking power.

Stop throwing yer toys out of the pram, someone had to say it sooner or later. Your rose tinted specs are starting to grate.

His link play is generally good, he does not often waste balls, but for me he needs to man up big style. If that hurts, then so be it, but it is the opinion that I will stick by at the moment until he shows me otherwise.

No manny my rose tinted specs are working fine. Indeed you wouldn't believe how much they see when Nick doesn't have the ball. Things like his runs into space and his drawing defenders away from the play. I'll maybe give you a lone of them sometime.

Lets fatten the lad up and slow him down. That should get more out of him.

I would have thought that a keyboard warrior with delusions of Fergusion football knowledge, would even see a fault in that.

Surely Fergusian, no? :lol:

That Russell Duncan was a player, whatever happened to him?