FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Hearts Semi

Guest Mahonio

anyone know when the referee is announced?

Not sure. But I'll get in early and say that in every one of our games which he has refereed this season he has made numerous glaring errors which benefited the opposition. Also, he is probably biased against Highland teams as he resents having to travel up here for the same amount of money he would have got for reffing a game in the Central Belt. It is his fault if we lose.

Not sure. But I'll get in early and say that in every one of our games which he has refereed this season he has made numerous glaring errors which benefited the opposition. Also, he is probably biased against Highland teams as he resents having to travel up here for the same amount of money he would have got for reffing a game in the Central Belt. It is his fault if we lose.

That description seems to match Willie Collum

• Agree 1

To be fair Willie Collum was the referee on Saturday and he had a good game.

EDIT:

Great site - Pepper valued at £200,000 :laugh:

Edited by RiG

Sounds like a Terry Butcher rant here. 4-0 thrashing and it was entirely the referee's fault. Let's hope he and Maurice take their seats in the Director's box on Sunday. That should help inspire us more than who the referee is.

Yngwie made a point following the U20 game today (on that thread). It's likely todays young team indicates Yogi's thinking for Sunday.

Todays team may likely have been played to 'save' the other guys for Sunday.

With only 16 players allowed to be listed, it's a good dilemma but a hard choice for Hughes. But this is where his man-management skills will be key. I can guarantee there will be guys who harboured ambition of playing in the starting 11 who find themselves left out of the match-day squad entirely! Over to you Yogi!

• Agree 1

The defence picks itself unless there's a problem with Meekings head injury; and if Shinnie is moved back to left back, which I don't  will happen.  So for Hughes, the midfield will present the biggest selection problem.  I think Draper must go back in because of his physical presence, drive and determination.  Is Watkins fit enough to play from the start? 

The manager has some massive selection decisions to make and if he gets it right a place in the cup final could be ours and this could be the springboard to a strong finish in the league.

I think Hughes will go with

Brill
Tremarco
Meekings (Devine if he's injured)
Warren
Raven
Draper
Shinnie (at CM)
Watkins
Doran
Ross
Mckay

I'd like to see Tremarco dropped, with Shinnie replacing him at LB... freeing up a space in CM for Tansey. I really hope we don't end up with a bench full of CMs (one or more of Foran, Polworth, Vincent, Tansey will have to sit out)

Edited by RossP

Brill

Tremarco

Warren

Raven

Draper

Shinnie (at CM)

Watkins

Doran

Ross

Mckay

I'd like to see Tremarco dropped, with Shinnie replacing him at LB... freeing up a space in CM for Tansey. I really hope we don't end up with a bench full of CMs (one or more of Foran, Polworth, Vincent, Tansey will have to sit out)

Why Tremarco Ive been at every game and haven't seen him have a bad one yet ?????

Brill

Tremarco

Warren

Raven

Draper

Shinnie (at CM)

Watkins

Doran

Ross

Mckay

Why Tremarco Ive been at every game and haven't seen him have a bad one yet ?????

Quite simple really... Shinnie is a better LB than Tremarco and Tansey/Foran/Vincent etc are a better choice in CM than Shinnie. 

• Agree 1

Agree with Ross here. Nothing against Tremarco and I would also agree with izzy in that he hasn't been bad for us but our strongest team I feel is one that has Shinnie at left back and Draper and Foran (likely Tansey) in midfield rather than keeping Tremarco and playing Shinnie in midfield.

• Agree 1

Get him on the bench!" Dressing room motivation + penalty taker if necessary: has to be as heavily involved as possible. Foran's absence from the team over past 7 games has been more of a factor than JH's stewardship IMHO.

To be honest, I don't think any referees are prejudiced against Highland teams. It's just the a lot of them aren't very good.

Now I've been known for some wacky and unconventional tactical plans in the past, but here for the first time ever, is one we can all partake in.

If ICT are leading by a single goal in the dying minutes and the fall somehow winds up in the ICT area.  Do not I repeat DO NOT throw it back until you absolutely have to.  The longer you hold onto the ball, the more Hearts will be under pressure.  Kick it away, bounce it around your section like a volleyball or chuck it behind you.  Go down on top of it even and stay there as long as you can.  Do whatever you can to waste as much time as possible.  The longer the ball is out of action, the more and more pressure you'll put on Hearts.  

If it so happens that MacDonald is in front of us in the second half and is calling for the ball back, throw it away from the general area he is in as hard as you can.  The further away it goes, the more time it'll waste.  If you do throw it at him, do it as hard as you can!  A broken leg or whacked out tooth will need treatment and thus waste more time.

There you have it.  Finally some things we can do to ensure of an ICT victory and make some history.  Do what you can and stay alive!  Some of us are counting on you!

Edited by Renegade