FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

PITCH INSPECTION GAME OFF

caleydawson

Annoying as it is for us I'm sure it can't be helped. A shame for the raith fans en-route. I was in the same position myself for the united game so it's more annoying for them, especially when you think a lot of them won't make it up on Tuesday. They'll just have to have a few beers in town today.

I suppose it's better having an early inspection rather than waiting until 11am or later. The (current) Edinburgh to Inverness train hasn't yet arrived in Kirkcaldy so some Raith fans will have heard the news before leaving. But there will be a good few on an earlier train left feeling gutted.  

They can disembark at Pitlochry and keep the part mood going - Mantis will show them a good time!

Apologies for being flippant! It's incredibly frustrating when the weather wins.

Maybe put some old towels down on the problem areas before the covers go on and put towels on the puddles when the covers come off. A sledge takes them to the side to get wrung out. When dry enough fork and chuck some dry towels on top. Just a thought.

I wonder if the rearranged match will make the TV.

Edited by 12th Man

Maybe put some old towels down on the problem areas before the covers go on and put towels on the puddles when the covers come off. A sledge takes them to the side to get wrung out. When dry enough fork and chuck some dry towels on top. Just a thought.

Some old towels! We're not Ross County...that's how the Clootie Well started I suppose. Somewhere to hang them.

But our towels are fresh from John Lewis.

Some old towels! We're not Ross County...that's how the Clootie Well started I suppose. Somewhere to hang them.

But our towels are fresh from John Lewis.

What makes you think County have towels at all ? To have towels one would have to be in the habit of washing.

Anybody looked outside there window there is no RAIN in sight. We paid how much for this "drainage" system and covers and they don't do there job.

Simply not good enough from everyone at the club interesting that the covers were partly off the pitch at 6:30 last night. A lot of people won't be able to get to the midweek game myself included so they have lost money. Surely they should know what the weather forecast was gonna be .

Anybody looked outside there window there is no RAIN in sight. We paid how much for this "drainage" system and covers and they don't do there job.

Simply not good enough from everyone at the club interesting that the covers were partly off the pitch at 6:30 last night. A lot of people won't be able to get to the midweek game myself included so they have lost money. Surely they should know what the weather forecast was gonna be .[/quot

The Clubs website is stating that refunds can be dealt with on Monday. Not ideal but something I suppose. I don't know why they can't deal with refunds today. I'm not sure the attendance would have been great today, but likely to be much less on Tuesday. Have to agree that it is disappointing that with an improved drainage system and pitch covers a game is called off. It was hardly the worst weather Inverness has been subject to. Ironically it's not raining now.

Can't understand why in these enlightened days we cannot have some sort of inflatable tent type protection thingy put over the pitch. Massively disappointing. Forecast was known at least 48 hours ago.

There is one answer to your question and that is finances. I don't understand all this "The club should do this" The club should have done that".

The weather has caused the postponement and it happens. If anyone thinks the club did not want the game played today, take a look at yourselves. The position of the ground makes drainage difficult at certain times (tides).

Those saying it's not raining now what would you prefer, a game postponed before people set off for the game or waiting just in case things improve only to find at 14:00 the pitch is unplayable. It's March, it's the North of Scotland and the ground is next to a tide driven body of water. These things happen and the club can do very little to stop it.

• Agree 2

Can't understand why in these enlightened days we cannot have some sort of inflatable tent type protection thingy put over the pitch. Massively disappointing. Forecast was known at least 48 hours ago.

The position of the ground makes drainage difficult at certain times (tides).

Another reason why the stadium has been detrimental to the club over the years.

The club would have worked hard to get the game on but don't blame tides unless you can tell me what time high water was and how high the exceptionally high tide was.

If the sea was to blame a lot more games would get cancelled.

Edited by 12th Man

Perhaps this was Collum being over-cautious and covering his own ärse? The last thing he needs is to give the game the go-ahead only to see it abandoned after all the fans have travelled.

Highly unlikely that Tuesdays game will be televised as Champions League is on Sky/ITV

...and there you have it! I'm not sure how much the postponement will cost, but given the difficulties faced by home, and particularly away, fans for a Tuesday night game, coupled with many preferring not to brave the elements and to watch the CL instead, will make for a crowd reduction of ~1000 IMO. It's simple, Scottish football cannot compete with winter weather and better football on Sky. Summer football would avoid both these issues.