FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scottish Cup 2016 - our defence of the trophy!

Sneckboy

44 minutes ago, TopSix said:

Hibs are not running buses. Will be interesting to see what the away crowd will be. Safe trip to everyone who can make it and are going. 

According to Hibs.net they are. There's certainly Hibs SC buses heading up anyway. Wouldn't be surprised to see a few hundred Hibs fans up the road.

• 5 weeks later...

What a pity our defence of the cup failed so tamely a few weeks ago, against one of the ultimate finalists.

Anyway, it must be encouraging for all the other teams to see two 'diddy' teams from the lower leagues reach the final.

When did that last happen I wonder?  Actually, I don't wonder that much, otherwise I'd look it up!

10 minutes ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

What a pity our defence of the cup failed so tamely a few weeks ago, against one of the ultimate finalists.

Anyway, it must be encouraging for all the other teams to see two 'diddy' teams from the lower leagues reach the final.

When did that last happen I wonder?  Actually, I don't wonder that much, otherwise I'd look it up!

Has never happened before!
Two non-top top-flight teams in the final! Also sorry for East Fife. Their famous record will no longer be a quiz question!

Through the entire competition there have been 9 ties between Premiership and Championship sides with Premiership sides winning on only 3 occasions.  The Rangers and Hibs have both beaten 3 Premiership sides.  On top of that, County needed a replay to see off a league 1 side, we needed a replay to see off a league 2 side and Hamilton memorably got well beaten by a league 2 side.  That's 7 of the 12 Premiership sides getting knocked out by lower league opposition.  This is all evidence that the top flight is a pretty weak league at the moment.

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, mainstander said:

First ever all lower league Scottish Cup final. One club hasnt won the cup for 104 years. The other has never won it.

Can't say I want either of them to win it.  Two clubs who are not in the Premiership due to financial mismanagement in the past and who are now buying their way to cup success and the top flight by running at an operating loss.  It is not good to have the premier cup competition won by a club in debt, so perhaps the SFA  should declare the competition nul and void this year and just let us hold onto the trophy for another year.