FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scottish Cup 2016 - our defence of the trophy!

Sneckboy

Not good travel news fer Englandshire. Earliest I can get in to Embra (if on time!) is just after 1 - and that is after a 5 hour journey with two changes and four hours home !!  Will have to be done though. What are the transport links like for others ? 

13 hours ago, DEANO96 said:

surely they can't be waiting for tomorrow's tie! Either way, the old firm will have to be on different days and it's inevitable they'll both be on telly so I don't see why they can't just tell us that our game will be the sat or sun! I'd imagine sky sports will get 2 games and BBC one game, so why they can't just say that Rangers and Celtic will be live and pick one of the other ties! 

But no, it's got to be the hard way, screw the punters and make Scottish football worse than it already is with **** poor crowds! Anyway I hope to go but I'll only get if it's Saturday so hope it works out! 

I'm with Deano absolutely gutted can't make the Sunday :cry::cry:

I'm only 20 years old but in all the time I've watched football I've never known such a farce! They've made the Scottish cup look like an amateur competition that is given to primary schools to sort out! 

From their pathetic drawing of the quarter finals, to the tv coverage and match dates! And as previously stated, it's a joke that they wait until the day of the final reply before announcing this when really it could've been done on the day of the draw or the day after the hibs replay. 

4 years running now we've been screwed over in cup comps as well! 

Now I'm probably being extra bitter about this having got my day off for Saturday and the game being set for Sunday! But I find this whole situation a total joke and I'm sure there'll be a lot of our fans struggling to get down. 

But for those who want to know, if you take the 0940 train down and the 1633 train back then you'll probably get a good deal! The only thing you have to watch is that both only allow 40 mins to get between the railway station and the stadium! 

Anyway, good chance I won't get down now so I hope those that do go down have a good time and we get the win! 

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

No credit to the bungling incompetent SFA who don't set ticket prices at this stage of the competition but credit to both clubs for agreeing sensible pricing of £20 for adults, £10 for students and pensioners and a highly reasonable £5 for under 18s.

great can you pay at the gate?

10 minutes ago, gingerjaggy said:

That would appear to be a bit on the sensible, fan friendly side for the SFA but you never know.

And I wonder how favourable the Police would be to such a harmless arrangement for the fans of two non OF clubs? Or will the claimed existence of organised hooligan elements within 35 of the 42 SPFL supports emerge as an excuse?

• Disagree 1

Just booked my flights.  Conservatively, I reckon it cost me about £60 to £70 more than it would have done two weeks ago, thanks to the SFA's unacceptable delay in confirming date/time.  Maybe I should ask them to pay the difference?  Fat chance, I'll be lucky if I even get an answer to the letter I wrote to the Chief Exec yesterday.

But now I'll just focus on trying to enjoy the match and another day out at Easter Road, hopefully just as a warm up for another couple of visits to Hampden a bit later.

• Agree 3

Dundee 5-0 Dumbarton

Quarter-finals:
Rangers v Dundee (Sat 5th March, 12.30pm)
Ross County v Dundee United (Sat 5th March, 3pm)
Celtic v Morton (Sun 6th March, 12pm)
Hibernian v Inverness Caley Thistle (Sun 6th March, 2pm)

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, DEANO96 said:

I'm only 20 years old but in all the time I've watched football I've never known such a farce! They've made the Scottish cup look like an amateur competition that is given to primary schools to sort out! 

From their pathetic drawing of the quarter finals, to the tv coverage and match dates! And as previously stated, it's a joke that they wait until the day of the final reply before announcing this when really it could've been done on the day of the draw or the day after the hibs replay. 

4 years running now we've been screwed over in cup comps as well! 

Now I'm probably being extra bitter about this having got my day off for Saturday and the game being set for Sunday! But I find this whole situation a total joke and I'm sure there'll be a lot of our fans struggling to get down. 

But for those who want to know, if you take the 0940 train down and the 1633 train back then you'll probably get a good deal! The only thing you have to watch is that both only allow 40 mins to get between the railway station and the stadium! 

Anyway, good chance I won't get down now so I hope those that do go down have a good time and we get the win! 

40 mins is quite do-able on the way down to ER on foot. ironically you're more likely to need a bus or a taxi on the way back up when they'll be less abundant. No bother for a young chap though...

8 hours ago, gingerjaggy said:

Tbh we don't actually know how many tickets we will be allocated yet.

I recall sneaky tactics when Gers allocated Hibs limited seats for the playoffs and Hibs returned the favour, otherwise it's 3000 ish.

What a useless shower of tossers the SFA have proven to be again. Fixture arrangements made too late for me to make arrangements to book accommodation and transport at affordable rates. I had also hoped to do the good son bit on Mother's Day and take my Edinburgh residng mum out to lunch on the Sunday but given the KO time that wouldn't fit either. So that's flowers on line again, stay at home and watch the game on the tv and save my other cash for the semi against the Arabs in Perth.

I feel another call to the Club to make a formal complaint to the SFA is justified. 

You can easily get to Waverley in 40 minutes from Easter Road, espeically if you are 20! You should be jogging there and back in that time.

Hibs don't have cash gates for any games, if they do have pay on the day you'll need to buy your ticket from the kiosk at the away end.

The delay has been very stupid but I don't think the kick off time is that bad.  Also, a formal complaint because the game is on Mother's Day?  Not sure if serious...

Edited by ictchris
  • Agree 2

12 hours ago, PerthICT said:

Hibs pumped 3-0 at home by Morton.

Encouraging....

Yes, good result for Morton.   Hope they can do the same against Celtic in the Q/F.  I noticed our ex player, Connor Pepper, went off injured after an hour.  He seemed to be playing right back.  Was he not up front when he played for us?

On 2/22/2016 at 1:21 PM, Caley Mad In Berks said:
12 minutes ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Yes, good result for Morton.   Hope they can do the same against Celtic in the Q/F.  I noticed our ex player, Connor Pepper, went off injured after an hour.  He seemed to be playing right back.  Was he not up front when he played for us?

Normally midfielder but can also play right back

22 minutes ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

See Hibs shipped 3 goals again and lost,  Can only hope their bad run continues for another week!

Hope so, us underdogs need all the help we can get against a big club like Hibs.

Their fans will expect them to win.