FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

GREAT QUOTES 2006/07

As the season comes to an end we can again reflect cautiously on Mr Spiers prediction that he would eat his hat if...

So who said this and about whom was he speaking?

'We think we've brought a real leader who is strong, determined and honest'

The strong bit is fine, the determined bit is true but how will he explain the last bit given the current situation?

Correct. Now for a harder one. I will give you a clue. This person once said 'We're top of the league, and you're no!'

County trailed at half time following a Stuart McAffery goal, but a further two goal in the second half from Dennis Wyness and Richie Heart  meant there was no way back for County.

County still have a coupe of weeks before the season starts in earnest, but this result will be a set back as the team prepares for an assault on the first division.

From Jailender.com who also on 13 March after a resounding victory over Hamilton felt confident enough to state 'As the crowd stay on to applaud the players from the park, the tannoy blasted out the Monkeys “I’m a Believer”.  And if the team can carry this performance on in the remaining games of the season I believe we will beat the drop and retain our place in the first division.'

Gus McPherson's quotes could become interesting:

'St Mirren manager Gus MacPherson claims the Buddies' return to the Bank of Scotland Premier League this season has been everything he expected it to be - only quicker than anticipated.......the Paisley side took the rest of the league by surprise by winning three and drawing one of their first six SPL matches. '

• 2 weeks later...

I quote from the official Ross County F C website (http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/Profile.php)

'In 2005 George Adams arrived at Victoria Park as Director of Football. The Former Celtic, Rangers and Aberdeen youth supreme took over at a time when the club had revealed financial troubles which forced a drastic cut in expenditure on the First Team.

If ever there was case of the right man at the right time this was it.'

Expect that quote to be changed shortly.