FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

January Transfer window news

CaleyTennis

Following a specific football team is an addiction. When the drug is active it can be so effective and better than any anti-depressive or stimulant. When it is not working it can lower the mood significantly and increase the general malaise. I try to remember and relive the considerable times that the drug has been simply buzzing in my body and will always retain the hope that such moments can be experienced again. At the present time it is a case of enjoying any positives and see a way ahead. The main problem is that the main drug dealer is an uncaring narcissist. Let's hope that a new and stronger cartel moves in soon. Until then keep taking the tablets and a degree of hope and achievement may be achieved, irrespective of where you exist in the universe or whether any sense of improvement is gained by attending games or keeping a close eye from afar.

AMEN

22 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

Aye, just what we needed....

Must be a couple leaving surely?

Davidson and Duffy too much to hope for 😂 😇

…unless Boyes is going back.

11 hours ago, STFU said:

Would be nice to have at least one of those three.

It's alway an 'experience' for me when I come up from South London :ictscarf:

And believe when you experience 'Royball' down at the Palace, it comes as a welcome relief

• Like 1

I see on the link that Newcastle paid £250,000 for Remi in 2021 when they got him from Liverpool - any word on what we’ve had to pay for him, sounds like a very interesting prospect.

Edited by CaleyCanary

I’m just trying to imagine the conversation that took place.

”Right Duncan, we’ve identified these targets, who we believe each meet your requirement for a good defender.  Which one do you want?”

”ALL OF THEM!”

• Funny 3

Northern echo newspaper announce three have left Newcastle. Number 1 we have. Number 3 is interesting, big duncs son 

Remi Savage has left permanently, Dylan Stephenson has headed out on loan and Cameron Ferguson has severed his ties with the Magpies by mutual consent.

In isolation these signings seem to be fine but when you look at the squad you have to question what's going on on.  We now have far too many defenders (10) so I can only assume that there will be a couple more out the door.

• Agree 1

Given that our current defence have conceded the fourth least goals in the Championship, despite our poor start to the campaign, it certainly is some conundrum.

10 - Dundee United

23 - Airdrie

24 - Dunfermline

25 - Inverness CT

11 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

Given that our current defence have conceded the fourth least goals in the Championship, despite our poor start to the campaign, it certainly is some conundrum.

10 - Dundee United

23 - Airdrie

24 - Dunfermline

25 - Inverness CT

…and Airdrie have managed to sneak into the top 4 by scoring only 19 goals, 4 fewer than Arbroath and us. And 4 of those 19 were against us.
In Dunc we trust and all that, but it’s as plain as the scowl on Wee Deek Adams’s face that if we could score goals we wouldn’t be where we are.

Edited by The Mantis
  • Like 1

Interesting selection of signings and makes me wonder if Ferguson is looking for defenders who are more adept at playing out from the back and/or who are more capable of holding a higher defensive line.

I don't know anything about the new players, just wondering why we'd be loading more defenders into the squad.

Agree with others that we must have players going out, or maybe we have injuries we don't know about.