FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Arbroath Away Feb2024

tm4tj

2 hours ago, STFU said:

We're almost at the nothing to lose stage, and I'd rather see us going down fighting than whimpering.

But we are not bottom nor are we currently going down. The idea its gung-ho balls to the wall approach would be heavily chastised by fans loosing games in that vain.

It's a point away from home and we've maintained the gap and amazingly even being crap we are only 3 points from 5th.

Promotion play offs are gone but everyone other than top 4in this division can still go down!!!

• Well Said 1

Pos Team Pld W D L F A Pts
It's no looking great
1. Dundee Utd 24 15 6 3 49 14 51
2. Raith Rovers 24 15 5 4 44 33 50
3. Partick Thistle 24 10 8 6 47 40 38
4. Morton 24 10 6 8 34 28 36
5. Ayr United 25 8 5 12 34 45 29
6. Dunfermline 24 7 7 10 28 34 28
7. Airdrieonians 23 8 4 11 23 29 28
8. Queens Park 25 7 6 12 32 44 27
9. Inverness CT 25 6 8 11 30 32 26
10. Arbroath 24 5 5 14 25 47 20

TUESDAY 27TH FEBRUARY            

Ayr United v Partick Thistle

Dundee United v Airdrieonians

Inverness CT v Dunfermline

Queen's Park v Arbroath

Rovers v Morton

Mar 1st 2024

Arbroath - Raith Rovers 

Mar 2nd 2024

Partick Thistle v Dundee Utd 

Airdrieonians v Queens Park 

Dunfermline v Ayr United 

Morton v Inverness CT 

5 hours ago, tm4tj said:

Ujdur, Boyes, Mullen, Longstaff, MacGregor, Lodovica Injured and Max Anderson suspended.

Not long ago under Dodds this would be called a crisis and some fans were defending the runs of poor results and suggesting those questioning tactics were biased in just wanting him out.

Wait.....

I have a plan.

Tuesday night: Wins for Partick, Dundee United, Inverness and Raith and a draw QP v Arbroath.

Friday night: Win for Raith

Saturday: Wins for Partick & Inverness, draws in the other two and we are up to fifth 4 points behind Morton.

• Like 3
  • Thank You 1

Hard to disagree with Dunc actually. More or less dominated the first half and had a few blocked on the line. Always felt it could come back to bite us.
Second half was very poor and we relied heavily on the long punt up to Samuel but we had a few near things when the final pass was poor. Looked like 2 stonewall handball claims to me. Arbroath goal was away down the far end but looked scrappy. 
Not the most memorable trip ever to Arbroath, will miss it although I hope we are in different divisions next season. Half hour delay due to roadworks between Perth and Dundee - should have paid attention to the satnav. Then another 10 mins delay before Arbroath.  Steak and black pudding pie 😍10/10. Plus Mrs Mantis and I have just scoffed two of the biggest smokies ever seen .

• Like 5
  • Agree 2

What the feck is this Doddsmania ? Everybody wanted rid of him. Ferguson has been tasked with sorting out the on field mess created by Dodds and the off field mess created by Gardiner & Co. Save the club financially and improve the Championship position. Mission feckin Impossible. Fraid that he has been hung out to dry and really, really hope that he has not taken - or been duped - on a Gardiner ploy with the promise of short term profit.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Facepalm 1

27 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

What the feck is this Doddsmania ? Everybody wanted rid of him. Ferguson has been tasked with sorting out the on field mess created by Dodds and the off field mess created by Gardiner & Co. Save the club financially and improve the Championship position. Mission feckin Impossible. Fraid that he has been hung out to dry and really, really hope that he has not taken - or been duped - on a Gardiner ploy with the promise of short term profit.

Agree re Dunc. Not convinced he was right choice but still behind him. 

I don't think folk really think Dodds should have stayed really but are disappointed in the lack of real change since he went. A lot of dissatisfaction re getting rid of Carson and Welsh too 

• Like 2

By all accounts Welsh wanted to leave last summer, whilst personal reasons were behind Carson wanting to be in the central belt.

A big week ahead. Dunfermline at home, then Morton away. I think we need at least four points.

Then we have two home games against Airdrie and Ayr, the only teams we’ve beaten at home this season. They are in the pack we are chasing so they are six pointers too.

Our away form is decent, our home form is our achilles heal, and three of those four games are at home….

Help!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Robert said:

By all accounts Welsh wanted to leave last summer, whilst personal reasons were behind Carson wanting to be in the central belt.

A big week ahead. Dunfermline at home, then Morton away. I think we need at least four points.

Then we have two home games against Airdrie and Ayr, the only teams we’ve beaten at home this season. They are in the pack we are chasing so they are six pointers too.

Our away form is decent, our home form is our achilles heal, and three of those four games are at home….

Help!

Re Carson I've heard that recently but why have his family been suggesting otherwise on social media? 

Shocking performance by officials today . I just hope AlexSamuel will be fit for Tuesday after the battering he took  it was unbearable to watch he must be pretty sore tonight . Arbroath did everything in their power to injure him ….Penalties denied free kicks denied ,yellow cards wrongly handed out .Disgusting decisions .
Come on Caley Thistle it’s not over yet !!!

• Like 4
  • Well Said 2

10 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Agree re Dunc. Not convinced he was right choice but still behind him. 

I don't think folk really think Dodds should have stayed really but are disappointed in the lack of real change since he went. A lot of dissatisfaction re getting rid of Carson and Welsh too 

Ict away so took grandkids to county v livi.

wouldn’t have noticed Carson was playing juring the game but I spotted him in the pre match warm up 10 yards in front of me.

livi captain Andy shinnie  hooked at half time ( not a patch on the player he was for us). Replaced by Daniel Mackay, who didn’t really contribute much. 

carsons moment came when livi got a free kick wide left, he set him self up directly in line with penalty spot about ten yards outside the box. Crossed in, county centre half headed ball out and from where I was sitting Carson didn’t have to move just wait for ball to bounce perfectly in front of him to volley. He had enough time to think will I hit this left top bins or right top bins. He swung his right leg and ………….. if the county player wide right hadn’t controlled the ball it was going out for a throw in practically level where Carson was standing. Not a slice more a shank.

that’s how I remember him for us, dynamic but no end product. Some of his crosses into the opponents were let’s say not very good. 

• Like 1

So big Dunc says we were dominant in the first half and created a lot of chances?

Reality check here for all the happy clappers that lap this p1sh up, Arbroath are the only part time team in the top two divisions in Scotland so we should be more dominant and create more chances it’s not rocket science. 
I still believe part time football is on the horizon I would even go as far as saying that some of the so called guardians would welcome it. 
Im actually really looking forward to the Inverness Amateur League starting down the bught will be far more entertaining than watching a number of jobbers hoofing the ball about.

One positive though we already look like a part time outfit on yesterdays performance so the transition from full time to part time should be an easy one.

Dougal 

• Agree 3
  • Funny 1

28 minutes ago, dougal said:

So big Dunc says we were dominant in the first half and created a lot of chances?

Reality check here for all the happy clappers that lap this p1sh up, Arbroath are the only part time team in the top two divisions in Scotland so we should be more dominant and create more chances it’s not rocket science. 
I still believe part time football is on the horizon I would even go as far as saying that some of the so called guardians would welcome it. 
Im actually really looking forward to the Inverness Amateur League starting down the bught will be far more entertaining than watching a number of jobbers hoofing the ball about.

One positive though we already look like a part time outfit on yesterdays performance so the transition from full time to part time should be an easy one.

Dougal 

Had we scored three in each half Arbroath could have no complaints, plus the penalty....

I'm not sure why some people bother to say they are fans of a club but prefer to criticise everything about it. Is it a sort of Pie&Bovrilism.

It's OK to compliment them from time to time. Trust me, it doesn't hurt.

Yes there are glaring issues that need resolved, but constant grind is like listening to a spotty teenage keyboard warrior.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 6

12 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

Had we scored three in each half Arbroath could have no complaints, plus the penalty....

I'm not sure why some people bother to say they are fans of a club but prefer to criticise everything about it. Is it a sort of Pie&Bovrilism.

It's OK to compliment them from time to time. Trust me, it doesn't hurt.

Yes there are glaring issues that need resolved, but constant grind is like listening to a spotty teenage keyboard warrior.

The club has been on a terminal decline since winning the Scottish Cup how you can’t see that is beyond me. 

Question when you become a site admin or moderator is there a test you take to see if you pass regarding how big a happy clapper he or she is? 

I admire your stance but I see no positives at present. 

Dougal

• Funny 3
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, dougal said:

The club has been on a terminal decline since winning the Scottish Cup

Thats inevitable though, we were never going to exceed that anyntime soon although another national cup final last year is pretty exceptional.

Not sure what fans expected - challenging for the Premiershiptitle, a European trophy? In context there are plenty professional clubs in Scotland who have had less success in the last 100 years than we have in 30.

The more I see the glaring sense of entitlement on here and whinging about refs and 'deserving better' the more I see how SG thought an orange strip might be popular in certain sections!!!

• Agree 1
  • Thoughtful 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Thats inevitable though, we were never going to exceed that anyntime soon although another national cup final last year is pretty exceptional.

Not sure what fans expected - challenging for the Premiershiptitle, a European trophy? In context there are plenty professional clubs in Scotland who have had less success in the last 100 years than we have in 30.

The more I see the glaring sense of entitlement on here and whinging about refs and 'deserving better' the more I see how SG thought an orange strip might be popular in certain sections!!!

I compare the IcT board since 2015 to the Celtic board of the 1980s once success was achieved they let it all slide away due to neglect and mismanagement. 
if it wasn’t for Fergus McCann coming  in Celtic would have done a Rangers and died. 

Do we have a bunnet in the background to save us ? 

Dougal

• Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic