124 members have voted

1. 1.

• Hastings
    • McBain
    • Fraser
    • Sutherland
    • Other

Guest TinCanFan

For me it has to be either Hastings or McBain.  Both are good but neither is seen as one of ICT's best players.

I think Rory has maybe been under-performing as opposed to under-rated, I get the feeling he may be a bit Wyness-esque in the old confidence department and all it will take is a couple of top performances to see him on his way to shutting up his doubters.

If you'd asked me this question during the first part of last season I would have said Hastings but with him performing consistently all season he did start to get the credit he deserved.

McBain seems to go on and off more often than the bulb in a fat mans fridge IMO and still has large spells of anonymity during matches.

Fraser has been praised on these forums a good bit for stepping up and filling Browns boots with confidence and ability - I think this season will be the making of him and if he carries on where he left off from last season then I think we'll see a far more rounded keeper than Brown ever was.

I don't think we've seen enough of Sutherland yet to rate him either way - he shows promise and much of what he is lacking will come with experience.

I think Duncan has to be the most underrated player we have at ICT.  I believe it's down to the fact that his whole game is about keeping it simple - he doesn't try and complicate things for himself or his team mates.  If we need someone to put a foot on the ball, that's what he does, if we need the ball spread wide then that's what we get - his tackling is solid but fair and he never seems to get involved in bust ups with officials or opposition players even when he is on the receiving end of a bad tackle or if he's collecting a yellow - he just gets on with it.  For all the above reasons he never stands out (for good or bad reasons) and I think that is largely why his efforts go unnoticed.

Duncan & McBain..

Duncan's work is becoming more and more appreciated but McBain seems to be public enemy number one most the time.  I guarantee if you asked all the ICT players their favourite player to play with more than half would pick McBain because of his work rate and unselfishness.  I think the main problem is the majority of the time he is played out of position on the left wing but when he plays in the centre I'd rate him ahead of Rankin or Black for his consistency.  I'd be very interested to see what assist table for the team is, he needs to score more goals though.

All the info is available on this site HC, all you have to do is trawl through all the the Match Rports to find out who assisted who for what goals....that is your mission should you choose to accept it.

If you do decide to do it then we'll save the info somewhere on the site so it can be accessed in future, and depending how keen you are you could go back through all the previous seasons aswell.  I think we have match reports for just about every ICT game ever played in one form or other.

Duncan is not under-rated. When he's good, he's pretty good. But when he's bad he's VERY VERY VERY bad.

Grant Munro is the most under-rated IMHO. He's as solid as **** at the back week in week out, and going forward he gives our attacking game another dimension with his long throws. He must have had about 15 in one game against Hearts last season. Every time the ball goes out of play in the oppositions half of the field we get all our big men up.

IMO Mike Fraser is fairly underrated. He rarely lets in too many goals and of those that are scored against caley it is never really his fault. IMO he is done fairly darn good after filling up Mark Brown's vacancy and there is definitely more tae come from fraser next season and beyond!! But i do agree that Duncan is underrated.

Im gonna plum for Bayne. Although not our best player he always tries hard for the team and gets goals in important games. His all round game  has come on leaps and bounds since his 1st season in the SPL.

Munro is also not given enough credit

Don't see how you guys reckon some of these players are underrated

Bayne and Munro have both one awards last season, which in my book means that some people do rate them.

Hastings has been lauded by many as player of the season.

The one who gets the most stick, not all of it deserved has to be Russeldinho.