FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

merged: Temp/Singing Stand

Kingsmills

I just know that poxy lil stand effort is gonna bug me. Even at 300 capacity...........still reckon it will be 3/5ths empty at most home games. Hope am wrong but cant see it.

My understanding is that you will have the option to move freely for most games, but not the bigger games. I have a meeting tomorrow and will have more information then as the Supporter's Trust have been asked to help out with the implementation for this game.  As far as I know at the moment if you want to be in the singing section for Saturday, then you must release your current ticket and exchange for a singing section ticket.  North stand prices will apply. If you do this soon enough then the club can re sell your seat and begin to re coup the costs involved.  So all we need now is some enthusiastic people to buy into this to make it a success.  The logistics of changing tickets is going to be a bit of a nightmare, but hopefully it will be worth it.

Okay, I have just spoken to the ticket office and here's the plan for this week only.  If you are a season ticket holder, you can exchange your Match 1 ticket from your book for a seat in the new stand, this will release your seat for re-sale for this game.  Please do this as soon as possible to give them a chance to sell the seats.  If you can't get into the ticket office then contact them by phone and they will book a seat for you which you can pick up on Saturday in exchange for the ticket from your book.

From Monday season tickets can be purchased or exchanged for the West Stand.

If you are not a season ticket holder can you PM me for details of how to get a ticket.

Can the drummer who spoke to Alan Savage at the Elton John concert also PM me please.

I'm splitting hairs here perhaps, but might this not just be the biggest SEATED crowd ever to watch as football match in Inverness. I have a feeling the Clach Park used to attract over 10,000 on odd special occasions in years gone by. (I'll not tempt fate by saying that this won't even be the biggest seated crowd if the Singing Section have anything to do with it!)

I'm quite excited by this new stand, and hope it will be a success.

I'm also slightly worried, that it'll look a bit rubbish and be another reason for our fans and opposition fans to poke fun at. Don't suppose there are any pictures of the stand to help ease my fears??

Guest TinCanFan

If people exchange their season tickets for vouchers will that mean that there will be empty patches about the stadium?

Courier today

CALEY Thistle's SPL opener with Rangers on Saturday is set to attract the biggest crowd ever to watch a football match in Inverness.

The Inverness side are currently in the process of putting the finishing touches to a new West Stand with 300 seats to house its new singing section, taking the capacity of Tulloch Caledonian Stadium to over 7800.

The club's record attendance is 7522 for the 2-1 win, ironically over Rangers, in December last year, but that looks set to be eclipsed when the Light Blues visit this weekend.

"The fans think it's fantastic that the club has created this dedicated area for those who want to add to the atmosphere by singing," said ICT Supporters Trust chairman Les Kidger.

After teething problems with establishing the singing section towards the end of last season, Caley Thistle chairman Alan Savage believes a solution has been found that benefits all parties involved "We're pleased to be able to construct a solution to enable our singing section to strike a high note in the new season," he stated.

"At the same time, it extends the ground capacity to a new record size, which is a great help for big games and also throws a lifeline to those who thought they'd missed out on a chance of a ticket for the Rangers match.

"The Supporters Trust are working with us to ensure all those who want to change seats to be in the new singing section venue do so as quickly as possible so we can take full advantage of the extra capacity on Saturday."

The new West Stand will be initially be without a roof, but there are plans to add one in the future.

Guest lethen1989

So, the time is near for the arrival of the 'singing' stand,  Sadly the NLJ will be absent from the unvailing  of the stand due to strawberry season and the up risinging interest in british steak mince.

What will be the tune of the day?

Guest TinCanFan

think what they're hoping to do TinCan is to resell your seat and therefore make some money towards the cost of the singing section.

so - swap your tickets as soon as possible!

That's alright then.  :022:

Correct me if I am wrong here but, Isnt the second most important factor in generating an atmosphere at a footie ground AFTER people...........is a roof on the stand?

Not many terracings had roofs but they did have atmosphere.

They also contained far larger numbers than it is possible to accommodate in all-seated areas.

I can understand the concerns about not having a roof, both from an acoustics point of view and the point of view that some people may give it a miss for fear of the weather not being the best.  However the statement says that plans are in place for one to be added.  I think the club have done well to get a stand of any form in place for this game and a delay in the addition of a roof isn't a huge issue.

Guest TinCanFan

I'm sure I read once that 10,000 people once went to see Clach vs Rangers sometime in the 50s or 60s.

I myself remember when Rangers played an Inverness Select at Grant Street as a warm up for the notorious Cup Winners Cup Final in Barcelona in 1972 when I'm sure the crowd was more than 8,000.

As I recall it was quite an entertaining ame with Rangers winning either 5-2 or 5-3.

On that theme bread, I have been in a crowd of over 12,500 for a cup game at Elgin V Arbroath.

My mate wikipedia said

The 1960s provided Elgin City with seven Highland League titles, two League Cups, three Scottish Qualifying Cups and four North Cups as well as Scottish Cup glory never known by a Non-League club since before the first World War. The Scottish Cup runs of the 60s are still spoken about yet in the Laich o' Moray! 1960 - when Forfar were crushed 5-1, then only two late goals denied City a famous win over Celtic before 11,207 fans at Borough Briggs. 1961 - After a thrilling 2-2 draw with Airdrie before 7,800 crowd, City went down 2-0 under the floodlights at Broomfield Park.

1967 - 9,500 see First Division, Ayr United beaten 2-0 at Borough Briggs, but the City went down 7-0 to eventual European Champions - Celtic - before 34,000 at Parkhead. 1968 - wins over Albion Rovers 3-1, Forfar Athletic 3-1 and Arbroath 2-0 (before 12,650 crowd) see City in the Quarter finals, only to go down 2-1 at Cappielow to Greenock Morton.

The early 1970s also provided silverware aplenty, League Champions in 1970 and 1974, Scottish Qualifying Cup winners in 1970, North Cup winners in 1971, 1973 & 1976. Scottish cup runs also continued in 1971 - wins over Stenhousemuir and Berwick,