FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Will Scotland Qualify for Euro 2008 ?

Kingsmills

With 2 games to go will we qualify ?  

140 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

2 votes cast - I voted YES does that mean you voted NO Kingsmills?

And I was just about to congratulate you on the most optimistic thread you've ever started too.......  :015:

Scotland HAVE to qualify now as there's thousands of folk planning next years summer holidays following Chick on his bike in his pink lycra giving him dogs abuse  :rotflmao:

What more motivation could a National Team need?  :001:

Guest pompeyjags

as much as i would love to see scotland qualify, and those who know me know i dont support them, im just not confident of scotland getting anything from the italy game.... think it may come down to france dropping points in the end rather than scotland doing it for themselves... still would be good to see both england and scotland thru to next summer. :022:

The bookies have Italy and France as hot favourites to qualify.

perfect.  :003: like ICT, Scotland seem to prosper under adversity.

Being realistic who amongst us would have dreamed we would be topping the group with two games left and after playing both France and Ukraine twice and Italy once !!!!

Not even the most passionate of Scotland supporters would have belived they'd be in this position right now. I think they will qualify as they have the belief and confidence now to finish the job off - I hope so anyway.

You guys are very lucky to have a national team playing as passionate as Scotland. We, here in the Netherlands, have a team with lots a big names, but every team our national team plays it's taking lots of alcohol or strong medication to see anything possitive but the results that are being booked.

France do have a tough programme. Lithuania only conceded eleven goals in the campaign so far, five from these were made by a Scottish player. They are a tough team to play against, the draw in Italy proves this. Ukraine is also a tough place to go to, winter falling in, French players being a bit "soft" and spoiled.

I guess the Tartan army can book it's holiday's to the Alps, you are so close, this can not go wrong !

So, all of you, good luck Wednesday, let's hope Georgia will be beaten and Romanov's "friends" will do Scotland a big favour by upsetting the French  :021:

Guest Aboynamedsue

We were at Hampden on Saturday - asbolutely rocked again!

Confidence is very high, Fadders and McCullogh played very well.

Dare to believe!

PB's got a new T-Shirt

"Relax - Big Eck Says We'll Did It"

C'mon Scotland!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs PB

Was wondering how long it would take you to let us all know you were at Hampden

Guest Glen Mhor

We have to believe that the team will go through to Switzerland-Austria.

Four points from the last two matches. We can do it. After the team's recent performances we shouldn't be over confident but, perhaps, quietly confident.

COME ON SCOTLAND !!!!!!!!!!!! (Aye, that was shouted !)

:crazy07:

I've been looking at some possible scenarios.

1) I was trying to work out if there's a scenario where Scotland and Italy go into the big game on November 17th knowing that a draw puts both sides through.

The nearest I could get though is if France and Scotland both get draws on Wednesday : a Scotland - Italy draw would then put Scotland straight through and Italy just needing a home win v the Faroes, which amounts to the same thing.

How would the teams approach a game like that? I'm not suggesting that the teams would fix the result, but what sort of game would it become when it's 0-0 after 75 minutes and both sides are more than happy for it to stay that way? Older readers will remember the Germany - Austria farce in 1982.

2) The other scenario that crossed my mind is a more likely one. France go to Ukraine in the final match, needing a win to go through. A win would be worth many millions of euros to the FFF, as well as French national pride. The result means nothing to the Ukraine. I'd like to think that they still give 100%.