Black Shirts

EWS

It is registered as the official away strip and on that basis I understand that the club can ask to play in it for any match (home or away) but I believe the final decision is up to the referee and he may request a change if he feels that players on the park, (or TV cameras ?) may be unable to distinguish it from the opposition kit.

Classic example of this is the strip we played in when we beat Hearts at Tynecastle in the cup ..... At that time our normal strip was vertical red/blue stripes and under floodlighting it took on a maroon appearance for players on the park. As Hearts were playing in their traditional kit that day, and the lights were on because of the time of year, we had to change to a different, older home kit, which happened to be the same one we used in 'that' game at Parkhead with a sharp logo hastily ironed on the front. Probably one of the reasons many of us like that strip so much ......

Strange we just happened to travel all the way to Edinburgh with them eh!!  :004:

we knew beforehand - not much beforehand, but in enough time for Tommy to organise the kit.

Think we have 3 strips registered for this season.  Sure someone said to me that due to the uncertainty on the new Away kit eing ready in time that we kept the white kit registered as a back-up.

As the officials were in Black on Saturday that may have been the reason we wore our home kit.

Guest TinCanFan

I always thought that the home shirt would be used in every game unless the opposition home shirt clashes (ie: Rangers/Aberdeen) with ICT's red and blue.  I think the only example this season of it not being the case was the away game at Celtic when I think the black shirt was only worn because it had only just arrived and they wanted to "show it off" even though the red and blue did not clash with the green and white.

todays trivia question on the subject of kits.

who was the opposition at the tcs who lined up against ict also wearing ict tops ?

Saturday 12th April 2003 Clyde came calling short of strips so borrowed our away tops. They then went on to win 2-1.

Bet you thought it was going to take someone longer than 12 minutes?  :004: