ICT -V- Kilmarnock : matchday thread

Scotty

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Second half was a class performance from ICT with Niculae and Cowie both outstanding.

How did Fraser get the MotM, was his mother the sponsor?

He played okay but not outstanding.

neksor

Another good result and we played some lovely attacking football when we kept it on the deck.

I was a bit surprised to see Bayne starting up front with Niculae dropping a bit deeper but it worked out very well. McBain wasn't missed at all in fact I think we looked a much better team without him on the pitch

Some good saves from both keepers kept the scoreline down but we were well worth the win.

Niculae & Black were the real standouts for us I felt. Not quite sure why Fraser was the sponsors MOTM though  :024:

How many penalties have we and in particular Grant Munro conceded this season? I think that was the only downside of today though. a job well done  :003:

Finally we've beaten Killie at home here's hoping that elusive win against Aberdeen is the next hoodoo to be broken  :021:

How many penalties have we and in particular Grant Munro conceded this season? I think that was the only downside of today though. a job well done  :003:

Phil McGuire handball today according to the radio report.

A rather low key first half where we started with Marius in an advanced midfield role and Bayne the lone stricker. We shaded it but put a lot of people to sleep (probably set a record for the number of corners won - only one decent delivery however).

The second half was much better. Marius played far higher up the field in a more traditional 4-4-2. We could have won by a much greater score and some of the football was excellent particulary the pace of some of our attacks.

Marius was excellent for all but the first half hour. Not sure how he missed the chance in the middle of the second half  :024:

Most payers played well but mentions must be made for Hastings, Duncan, Cowie and Marius.

Bayne gave his usual shoift but it was clear that he misses a bit quality wise. Too many headed knock-ons into areas where we had no players. Lack of first tocuh, etc. That said, he does give his all.

Men against boys today, I thought.... Brewster's finally figured that Niculae is not an out an out striker - he is at his best when attacking from midfield, and will always be a goal threat deployed in this way.

Bayne was superb on his own up front today, winning plenty of ball and holding it for support to arrive...

Niculae almost scored the goal of the season ghosting past 3 or 4 defenders before blasting straight at the keeper.... That would have made it some hat-trick.  This was easily his best performance yet in a Caley shirt - looked vey sharp and was always prepared to hassle their defenders.

Bring on the Dons....