FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Pele sacked at Peterhead

tm4tj

Ex ICT boss leaves Peterhead with Cooper taking over.

From Peterheid webby

Peterhead tonight parted company with manager Steve Paterson. A brief club statement said " Peterhead have cancelled the contract of manager Steve Paterson with immediate effect.

"Assistant Neale Cooper will take charge of all football matters until the end of the season. Peterhead FC wish Steve Paterson all the best in his future career."

Sorry to hear that news although I heard a rumour just before christmas that it might be on the cards. After all Iain Stewart was punted shortly after being minutes from leading the club to consecutive promotions.

I wonder what would have happened to Pele and to ICT if he hadn't been lured away to Pittodrie ?

Is this sad development performance related or cost cutting? I'd guess the latter is at the very least a factor.

Actually it's the former from what I've been told. It was the same with Stewarty.

Peterhead FC officials really wanna have a word with themselves. They obviously believe they are a better team than they actually are :020:

That's the problem - they are VERY ambitious. They want to be in the SFL1 ASAP and be part of any SPL2 should that ever happen. Marino Keith is on a prt time deal there and is getting over ?650 a week!

Saw them against County last week. To say they were poor is an understatement. Bobby Mann must be putting some strain on his ticker as he is absolutely huge and even slower that he was with us- what a waste of a great football brain. Anyway, Patterson and Cooper have never come cheap no matter where they were and I am surprised the situation was allowed to continue this long. Anyway, maybe back to the SFHL for Pele if anyone is willing to take the chance and absorb the cost!