FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hibernian -V- ICT : matchday thread

Scotty

Let's not get too disheartened.

It's never nice to lose but this is the second game in a series of 3 VERY tricky away fixtures. ANY points we would have picked up would've been a bonus (I'm assuming of course we won't get anything from the Celtic game on Wednesday)

As far as I'm concerned the season begins again on March 1st against Hearts

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Second game in a row where we've effectively been beaten after quarter of an hour.

I know we're safe from relegation but it'd hardly inspiring.

Top six would have beeen worth about ?200,000 to the club and would give us a couple of cracking matches at the TCS to rounf off the season, hardly seems likely now.

Take the first 10 minutes out of that game and I would have come away and been happy that we went out there and at least put on a performance...although a little frustrated at not making more of the opportunities we created.

The question I would be asking right now is why our players are only getting fired up after we go a goal (or more) down.  The players have shown they are capable, so I don't think it's an ability or training issue (other than set pieces).

I don't even think it is a moral issue, the fact that the players manage to click into action (eventually) is testament to the fact that the Team Spirit still exists, it's just a little buried when they take to the park.  Aside from all the "conspiracy" theories I think what this team is missing more than anything else right now is a natural leader, someone with the ability, experience and respect to tell the players to put any other business that is going on aside and get their mind on the game from the off.

Aside from all the "conspiracy" theories I think what this team is missing more than anything else right now is a natural leader, someone with the ability, experience and respect to tell the players to put any other business that is going on aside and get their mind on the game from the off.

It's a shame Daren Dods is no longer with us.... Especially galling when you consider he doesn't always make the starting lineup at DUFC....