FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Here's to the youth in Block G!

MacBandy

Once again the boys in block G seemed to be getting hassle on Saturday for simply making a noise; and this before the game.

I sit in block G with my son. Yes that means he occasionally hears a sweary word, no I don't allow him to swear or allow swearing in my house but it's nothing he won't hear at school. I could move seats, either change my season ticket or, old firm games excepted, simply move to any of the many empty seats in the ground.

Why don't I?

Because the passion, atmosphere, banter and crack are far better than anywhere else in the ground and sometimes are the only entertainment in the park! We can both sing without feeling conspicuous. Sometimes admittedly we leave 'gaps' where - god forbid - there are sweary words. Would we be the kind of people to get this going in another part of the ground? No...we would feel silly showing any form of emotion when all around us are statue like.

There is never any rudeness, impoliteness, antisocial behaviour or any feeling of tension in the area, even when the stewards are making themselves known.

If you like the quiet life and were in block G before those 'terrible noisy youths' moved in I feel for you, I really do, but atmosphere helps most fans, players and the club overall. If you don't like it there please move to one of the many sweetie rustling parts of the ground instead of complaining about people who are only doing what football is all about.

Hopefully then these fans can get on with generating an atmosphere that helps the boys on the park; who knows, it might catch on... in the future there might be specially designated sweety rustling sections for those with terminal shyness!

I really abhor any behaviour that makes the average man feel uncomfortable in public places. Maybe I am not average because I have yet to see any example of such behaviour in Block G. I fully understand the clubs obligations and agree with them as listed in the programme each week; I just don't feel they are breached anywhere near as often as some would suggest.

Mon the Caley!

MacBandy you absolute legend  :021:

The stewards came up before the game to tell us that although they have no problem with us ( :024:) the police might give us grief, and then we'll have to do as we're told. We weren't technically getting told off, but warned. But still, brilliant words mate, thats exactly our feeling, we sometimes even get asked to be quiet in Section G, and it just pisses us off so much, when we're the only ones making an effort.

Can someone make this a sticky or something?? MacBandy's post has to be read...

Section G was the place to be on Saturday, if I'd been anywhere else I'd probably have slit my wrists after the sh!te that we played! I particularly enjoyed the pass the parcel, the classic songs from my childhood and a half-naked Tony, haha!

Well said Macbrandy, people need to know that it is nice, friendly banter in section G rather than a bunch of yobs creating trouble!

Once again the boys in block G seemed to be getting hassle on Saturday for simply making a noise; and this before the game.

I sit in block G with my son. Yes that means he occasionally hears a sweary word, no I don't allow him to swear or allow swearing in my house but it's nothing he won't hear at school. I could move seats, either change my season ticket or, old firm games excepted, simply move to any of the many empty seats in the ground.

Why don't I?

Because the passion, atmosphere, banter and crack are far better than anywhere else in the ground and sometimes are the only entertainment in the park! We can both sing without feeling conspicuous. Sometimes admittedly we leave 'gaps' where - god forbid - there are sweary words. Would we be the kind of people to get this going in another part of the ground? No...we would feel silly showing any form of emotion when all around us are statue like.

There is never any rudeness, impoliteness, antisocial behaviour or any feeling of tension in the area, even when the stewards are making themselves known.

If you like the quiet life and were in block G before those 'terrible noisy youths' moved in I feel for you, I really do, but atmosphere helps most fans, players and the club overall. If you don't like it there please move to one of the many sweetie rustling parts of the ground instead of complaining about people who are only doing what football is all about.

Hopefully then these fans can get on with generating an atmosphere that helps the boys on the park; who knows, it might catch on... in the future there might be specially designated sweety rustling sections for those with terminal shyness!

I really abhor any behaviour that makes the average man feel uncomfortable in public places. Maybe I am not average because I have yet to see any example of such behaviour in Block G. I fully understand the clubs obligations and agree with them as listed in the programme each week; I just don't feel they are breached anywhere near as often as some would suggest.

Mon the Caley!

:clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03: superb post macbandy!!!

i hope those people who were writting letters to the club about us are reading this!!!!!

Guest eliza

Agree with MacBandy!  The best part of a very boring game on Saturday was the singing, especially when the boys got bored and instead of singing football songs, sang "The Wheels on the Bus go round and round"! and then Christmas Carols!  That's the sort of laughs makes a boring game worthwhile and (surprise, surprise, to all the moaners) it showed what a good upbringing they had, when they knew all the words to "Away in a Manger".

And, as I sit very near the boys, I agree that they are there to enjoy themselves, are polite and cheerful, and I just try to close my ears to the worst of the sweary words (some beauties after Falkirk scored).

Keep it up boys - I certainly don't want to change seats away from Section G  and no, I don't rustle sweetie papers but might be classed as a boring old git despite joining in with the singing, stamping, etc. 

One of the best posts I've ever read on this site.

MacBandy as you seem a fairly articulate fellow perhaps you could communicate these views to the powers that be at the club in an email or letter?  May help alter attitudes a little...

Keep on singin!  :sillywave:

Guest birdog

One of the best posts I've ever read on this site.

MacBandy as you seem a fairly articulate fellow perhaps you could communicate these views to the powers that be at the club in an email or letter?  May help alter attitudes a little...

Keep on singin!  :sillywave:

Give me an email address to contact, I sit in section H and think the singing from you lot is commendable it gets my wee man joining in all the time. Only too happy to contact the club on this one.

Half naked in Section G - sounds like a job for MacBandy and maself. :001: _41289474_newcastlefan270.jpg

Funnily enough the half naked bloke was also a Newcastle fan, although he seemed to be missing the tattoo and a couple of spare tyres....

thank you macbandy its good to know that not everyone is against us and we do appreciate you voicing your opinion.  it would be very helpfull if , next time the stewards are hassling us you could make these points known to them because they might take more notice from someone of an older generation  :015: this would be grately appreciated . Thank You MacBandy - Section G Boys

Guest birdog

I have written to Mike Smith I don't expect any sort of truthful reply, I don't even expect he will listen to what I have to say but I have tried.

Good morning Mr Smith

I am writing to you because I am getting more and more annoyed at the treatment of home fans within the TCS. On Saturday your security agents were seen bt myself and others to single out a group of young supporters and harrass them for nothing more than singing. Have you guys forgotten who has built this club over the years? Without us supporters you would not even be in the job you are. I would rather listen to out of tune ICT fans than sit beside idiot Old Firm supporters, who the stewardship do absolutely nothing about when they cheer away goals in the home end!!!!!!!! (remind me again why the league has segregation rules) If I or others took umbridge to the situation and decided to kick up a stink at the match then the stewards would be down on us like a ton of bricks.

It is wrong the way in which home fans are treated at TCS you really need to leave these young kids alone they are the future of the club!!! You also need to sort out the arrangements for away fans, hospitality is causing a lot of problems too from the accounts I have been given through freinds in the main stand and the unofficial message board.

Every week I watch highlights from SPL matches and players, coaches, managers and officials of other SPL clubs encourage fans to make as much noise as possible yet our club seems to look at noise as a bad thing, is this because you encourage away fans to enter the home end and want to avoid confrontation between two sets of supporters?

**** ****Season Book #****

I have written to Mike Smith I don't expect any sort of truthful reply, I don't even expect he will listen to what I have to say but I have tried.

Good morning Mr Smith

I am writing to you because I am getting more and more annoyed at the treatment of home fans within the TCS. On Saturday your security agents were seen bt myself and others to single out a group of young supporters and harrass them for nothing more than singing. Have you guys forgotten who has built this club over the years? Without us supporters you would not even be in the job you are. I would rather listen to out of tune ICT fans than sit beside idiot Old Firm supporters, who the stewardship do absolutely nothing about when they cheer away goals in the home end!!!!!!!! (remind me again why the league has segregation rules) If I or others took umbridge to the situation and decided to kick up a stink at the match then the stewards would be down on us like a ton of bricks.

It is wrong the way in which home fans are treated at TCS you really need to leave these young kids alone they are the future of the club!!! You also need to sort out the arrangements for away fans, hospitality is causing a lot of problems too from the accounts I have been given through freinds in the main stand and the unofficial message board.

Every week I watch highlights from SPL matches and players, coaches, managers and officials of other SPL clubs encourage fans to make as much noise as possible yet our club seems to look at noise as a bad thing, is this because you encourage away fans to enter the home end and want to avoid confrontation between two sets of supporters?

**** ****Season Book #****

:clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03:

Guest birdog

I have just e-mailed Mike Smith and told him that if he doesnt reply I am going to streak at the Aberdire game.

Thank feck I am at sea for that match. I will email setanta and tell them to bring some high magnification lenses to keep the female armchair fans happy.

Guest TinCanFan

I have just e-mailed Mike Smith and told him that if he doesnt reply I am going to streak at the Aberdire game.

Who was the guy who streaked at the last game in the first division?

Guest TonyICT

i was the half naked lad at the game on saturday!

i would like to say i enjoyed being the showcase and thanks for all the people that took it in a joke! :crazy07: