FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Players from County

Guest TinCanFan

Guest TinCanFan

Just thinking about how many players have come to ICT who have previosly played for County.  There's been Don Cowie, Stuart Golabek, Graham Bayne, Gary McSwegan, John Rankin, Richard Hastings, Nicky Walker, Roy McBain, Barry Wilson, Richie Hart, Alan Morgan (who was on loan and then came back) and I'm sure there's a few more that I haven't mentioned.  That's eleven players!  A whole first team squad,  and it just shows how unambitious ICT are when it comes to transfers.

most of the players mentioned did a good job for ict through the leagues and barrowman would be another good adition to our squad for next season  .we also tried loan players from the old firm they were poor to say the least

Is it really so surprising that we sign players from County? The biggest reason we cannot sign players is because of where we are, players are not prepared to relocate and we cannot make it financially worthwhile for them to do so. Logically we recruit from what is available locally, hence County.

I agree it's not ideal but realistically it is the best viable option - unless Savage comes back and pays all the wages :029:

Players who never came from county

Fraser, Tokely, McGuire, Watt, McCaffery, Black, Imrie, Duncan McCallister, Munro, Sutherland, Niculae, Wyness, Patti, McDonald, Wood, MacDonald, Kerr, Vigurs, Proctor, Malkowski, Kerr, Rennie, Duff.

Thats two teams + 2