FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ONE LAST MARIUS DIG

He appears to have been practically sainted in the last few weeks - well not by IHE.

He is an established professional - He must have known that he was being played too early - He must have felt the atmosphere in the dressing room - He must have known that he was way out of form - At the end of the day Marius Niculae was always - and still is - looking after Number One.

Some may say that isnt anything strange these days - TRUE - but it is at ICT.

Marius is a mercenary who has got what he wanted and now will move on - and I predict that he will fall.

Lets not forget that if it wasnt fer Gretna the signing of Niculae and the standard of his play for the majority of the season would possibly have taken us into the SFL.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can hardely have a dig at Marius personally for any of that :017:

Being playd to early? Thats not his choice, e doesn't pick the team. He was seected by the managers so they should have realised it was to early. He could hardely refuse to play if selected and he can only regain form by playing in games!

Creating an atmosphere and a mercenary? Evryone knew at the sart that it was justa chance to rebild his career and that he would move to a bigger cub if he was successful. He also didnt give himself the contract, any atmosphere was created by the club. He's an international and reduced his wage demands to come to the club. He isnt being greedy most internationals with as many caps and goals as him get pad a lot more than he is!

Yes - It is a sad reflection of the times - but we idolise self fufilling mercenaries across the world of football - and one thing that really got under my skin for most of this season was that although Niculae's performances and our management tactical ineptitude were clearly major reason fer our preformances - many posters vented their wrath on players who have been very loyal servants.  :024:

Still perhaps Marius may surprise me again - and give me one thing that he definitely hasnt done this season - an above average performance AWAY from home - where at times he has been dire.

I have stated many times my dislike of the Niculae signing, but do we really need another Marius Niculae thread ?

I think we have plenty on the go at the moment and rather than starting new ones all the timew IHE, why not post them in for instance the "Has Niculae been worth it " thread.

Totally agree with stomach,  Niculae has been discussed to death and everyone understands everyone elses point of view.  We don't need yet another topic from the same person going on and on about him.

I'm half expecting the "NICULAE TOILET WATCH" thread next!

Lets not forget that if it wasnt fer Gretna the signing of Niculae and the standard of his play for the majority of the season would possibly have taken us into the SFL.

That comment would only make sense if we were currently, and then finish, 11th. We are not and will not.

Niculae is a great player in Caley Thistle terms!  But his wage is too much for us at the moment!  Fair enough if the new chairman was mega rich and could afford to pay it and be able to give Brewster a decent transfer budget, it seems our new chairman can't do that!

So I would rather have Niculae go and we have a good transfer budget it and that Brewster takes in 5 or 6 new players!

Niculae hasn't been as good as he is made out to have been!  He has only just over 10 goals i think?!?  And that isn't good enough for a striker! 

Also if we sell him we could get possibly up to ?400k - ?500k?  Which would then give us an even better transfer budget and wage budget and then Brewster could go for more players!

Thanks for the good times Marius but you just simply have to go! :009:

Niculae is a great player in Caley Thistle terms!  But his wage is too much for us at the moment!  Fair enough if the new chairman was mega rich and could afford to pay it and be able to give Brewster a decent transfer budget, it seems our new chairman can't do that!

Niculae hasn't been as good as he is made out to have been!  He has only just over 10 goals i think?!?  And that isn't good enough for a striker! 

Also if we sell him we could get possibly up to ?400k - ?500k?  Which would then give us an even better transfer budget and wage budget and then Brewster could go for more players!

Thanks for the good times Marius but you just simply have to go! :009:

Whats the answer then? keep Bayne who needs almost 3 seasons to score more than 10 goals ( albeit at a far lower salary )

Strikers who can score more than 10 goals per season will cost ya, we did get lucky with Dargo i'll admit, but if we managed to re-sign Dargs at more than ?2k per week would that not have brought unrest aswell ? especially if he stopped scoring as he has lately.

I would be happy to see Marius stay, he might just start to score more freqently if we make a few wee changes.

So I would rather have Niculae go and we have a good transfer budget it and that Brewster takes in 5 or 6 new players!

Losing Niculae is unlikely to free up wages to pay for 5 or 6 players. You might manage to replace this one skillful but expensive international class player with two journeymen or maybe three youngsters at a push !!

That comment would only make sense if we were currently, and then finish, 11th. We are not and will not.

Without the nine points gained against Gretna??

I tend to agree with IHE on that one. Take Gretna out of the equation and I suspect we would be battling against relegation at the momment.

On the other hand, that would have added some spice to our otherwise meaningless post split fixtures.

I don't agree, take Gretna out and we are still better than Killie and St Mirren, and equal to Falkirk Aberdeen and maybe Hearts.  It's all ifs and buts.  The reality is we are not relegated, live with it.  But for an astonishingly bad run, we could have been sitting comfortably in the top six, we were above Hibs at one point..............but, it is all ifs and buts.  We are where we are, no better, no worse.

I for one will be sorry to se him go.  Especially if it's to another SPL side.  Good know's what the man could do if he was to recieve some decent service up front,  or been played in a system that suited his ability or even if he had a striking partner capable of putting the ball in the back of the net from one of his sublime touches.