FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

BT - ICT ad

BornCaley

while trawling through the genius that is YouTube...i found the old British Telecom ad with ICT. And i was thinking about  how this all came about..Do any ICT fans know the story about how this happened. And who were the other team we were supposedly playing, i cant place their strips

The only thing about it I can tell you about it is the first 5 seconds is the beautiful, scenic village of Ardersier which is home to some of the greatest people around. (Gringo Jnr can back me up on that)  :001:

I remember the thread on the old board, and people who'd been there saying that they never wanted to see Barry step up for another penalty cos he'd hit the woodwork about ten times before they got a decent take. Someone described the lass in the ad as 'the wee witch' which I thought was a bit harsh. There were about 300 posing as the crowd, who got moved round the stadium for each shot, and nobody could work out who the **** 'Harty' was in the finished product. No recollection of how the thing came about though - probably on the back of the previous season's second cup defeat of Celtic  :001: Oh aye, I also remember not being able to get the day off  :008:

(Gringo Jnr can back me up on that)

Consider the comment backed up! :015:

I was living in coventry when this ad' was around, yet I never ever saw it appear on TV - despite all my mates going on about it  :019:

Ardersier was indeed the setting for the first few seconds of the clip. Such a shame that pitch is cursed for anyone who play on it (unless you play for ardersier that is - referee's GTF  :33:)

It was the reserves wasn't it? And it's def. Richie Hart.

Didn't we have it on the site to download? I've def. got it here on video but maybe it's on the hard drive somewhere...

The 'couldn't work out' comment was tongue-in-cheek (I should probably use the smiley); I think the opposition were supposed to be a Melchester Rovers job, unless it's Cove Rangers' away strip...

I seem to recall that the opposition had a name like St Marks?

I dug out an old Betamax with various ICT clips on it, but I didn't get beyond the first thing on the tape which was us winning the first division, including news footage of a group of us in front of the Innes singing " Are you watching Ross County?!" Happy days.

:003:

The other team were known as 'St Luke's' and were indeed ICT players, and it all started with a strange email to Jimmy Falconer and a presentation on ICT at Starbucks at Victoria rail station in London!

Mee, was ?35 paid to fans hope you put that on your Tax return :023:

I was living in coventry when this ad' was around, yet I never ever saw it appear on TV - despite all my mates going on about it  :019:

Ardersier was indeed the setting for the first few seconds of the clip. Such a shame that pitch is cursed for anyone who play on it (unless you play for ardersier that is - referee's GTF  :33:)

are you's sure it was ardersier. i thought it was shot in aldearn  :024:

That was a fun day.

The story was that the manager of local BT was a fan and a keen amateur keeper, who wanted the thrill of playing for the first team. He got it. I remember being moved about the stadium and being told to cheer n cue, by an Irish guy with a megaphone. We had no idea what it would look like as a finished product, sure learned a lot about CGI and Lord of the Rings that day!

post-167-1212693430_thumb.jpg

DSCF0028.JPG_thumb

post-4-1212693430_thumb.jpg

DSCF0005.JPG_thumb

post-4-1212693431_thumb.jpg

DSCF0012.JPG_thumb

• 2 weeks later...

are you's sure it was ardersier. i thought it was shot in aldearn  :024:

Definitely Auldearn - the white building half way down on the right is the Lion and the building at the bottom with the tower like features is the local hall :003:

Definitely Auldearn - the white building half way down on the right is the Lion and the building at the bottom with the tower like features is the local hall :003:

The bit with the football field and the row of houses looking onto the Moray Firth is Ardersier