FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dorrans on loan?

caleyrule

Its in the scottish daily express

Cheers. Couldn't see a story on their site but I guess it was just a wee snippet in the paper so I doubt they will have included it in their online eiditon. The guy has something we lack in our side - pace. And he has plenty of it if I mind right. Would be a good signing if we could get him I think though I just wonder if this, and some of the other rumours, are simply lazy filler journalism.

No it is in the paper but it aint a huge article

I think this could a very realsitic rumour as i cant see him playing with WBA this season anyway so by sending him out on loan would be a good idea for them and why not send him out so us as we also wanted him as they will know if he failed at WBA by sending him on loan to ICT before he fails there they will know there is still a high interest from us

The story is in the P&J and there is a thread on the ICT section with the link.

Also mentions Snodgrass as another possible target in the Barrowman plan fails.

Brew was on MFR this morning speaking from Greece saying he wants to sign Zibi

• 3 weeks later...

It would be kinda fitting seeing as West Brom have already signed Roman Bednar and Luke Moore, adding that to Kevin Phillips and Ishmael Miller, so it would seem Dorrans would be a bit over his depth, a loan move would be good for him, ands up here he is required.

and the paper we can quote is the Press & Journal

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing too worrying there - he hasn't turned up his nose at Inverness per se, just expressed his desire to fight for a place at West Brom, which is an understandable stance from a new signing keen to promote his own worth. If Mowbray convinces him that it would be in his best interests to go out on loan then we may still see him - and I think it would be a good short-term acquisition for us.

He hasnt exactly said no. Mowbray i suppose has the final say in this one. I can still see him coming because he isnt going to get a look in at their team with the strikers they have. Would be great to at least get a year out of him whether he plays as a winger or striker.

• 2 weeks later...

According to the sun today it looks like Brew wants to give Vigurs a chance rather than bring Dorrans in

i'm all for giving vigurs a chance and after a few impressive displays i would certainly like to see him challenge mcBain for a first team slot however i'm pretty sure dorrans can play on the wing and up front so would add some more attacking iptions up front which we certainly do with.

According to the sun today it looks like Brew wants to give Vigurs a chance rather than bring Dorrans in

If that is true, that is one of the best decisions he has made as manager, but only if it's true!

Vigurs deserves a run in the 1st team at the start of the season to see how he copes and then by January or sooner even, tie him up on a long term contract.  Could be a 1 positive to come from the season ahead!

Midfield is where we are strongest in terms of competition for places and to take in another "squad" player when we have Vigurs and Sutherland both showing promise would, IMO, be a waste of resources.  Better that we concentrate on up front and defence.

On the subject of Dorrans also being able to play up front....I said elsewhere that I think Vigurs may actually turn out to be a decent forward, and although I believe we're in desperate need of at least one experienced forward (two if Niculae goes), I wouldn't mind seeing Vigurs getting a chance up front at some point if/when we can afford to do so or need to do so as aresult of leaving ourselves short handed.

In short, I don't think Dorrans fills any existing gaps in the squad or brings anything more than we already have available.....certainly not when he'd be commanding a wage which would be better spent elsewhere on the park.

One thing Dorrans would be useful for is his pace though, especially up front. He normally is a winger from what I hear from Livi supporting pals but he can do a turn up front. Ever since Dargo left we have had no pace in the forward area. Dorrans could provide it. I really hope we sign him.

"Brewster is still scouring the transfer market for another forward, but has ruled out a loan move for Graeme Dorrans, who left Livingston to join Premier League side West Bromwich Albion."

That came from the P&J today.