FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ryan Esson

RossP

He was a good prospect many years ago but his career seems to have fared rather dismally in the last last few seasons, not helped by some bad luck. No idea what he's like as a keeper these days, but with his career profile its the sort of move that could work out well for all concerned.

It's up to him what he makes of the move.

He was once one of the "big earners" at Pittodrie after getting a "silly" deal in the days of Ebbe Skovdhal.

But his career has stalled badly and now he has to show what he's worth.

But unless there is big turnaround on both sides he will be a ICT player by tomorrow.

I've spent 4 years shouting abuse at the guy when he had a Dons top on; this is going to be weird if he signs  :017:

Hopefully his wage demands will be low as at one point he would've been on a lot more than Mikey is on currently  :33:

Was good whenever he played against us. I for one would welcome him too Caley Thistle. Would certainly prefer him too Cuthbert or Rab Douglas who ive also heard has been mentioned  :tic01:

"Former Aberdeen goalkeeper Ryan Esson is poised to sign for Inverness Caledonian Thistle from Hereford. (Various) "

This was on the BBC website today.

The Scotsman said he's signed, but there is no info on contract length/value. I'd imagine they are just putting 2+2 together and presuming he has put his signature on the dotted line.

If he has signed, I guess he might get a run out at the weekend before the boys fly off to Denmark?

Totally forgot: Ryan Esson was best man at Russell Duncan's wedding. So at least he'll fit in straight away I suppose...

I'd like to see him make an appearance against St Johnstone; not tonight though.

Credit where credit is due. I believe this may well be a good signing.

Esson is/was a decent keeper and was an U21 international. Not sure why he didnt get more playing time at either Shrewsbury or Hereford (apart from the 10 weeks he was out with a broken cheekbone) but he is still only 28 so in keeper terms just a young 'un

He could well be another whose career gets resurrected in the clean Highland air.

:021: to Brewster for this one I think