FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

County game today :D

TomCaleyJag

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should we be worried about our defence? Even more worried than before?

Yes....

Hastings is gash.....  end of story.

Proc aint a central defender.   

Most of the others were no bad,  but the defence looks like the end of last season....scary

Should we be worried about our defence? Even more worried than before?

Yes....

Hastings is gash.....  end of story.

Proc aint a central defender.   

Most of the others were no bad,  but the defence looks like the end of last season....scary

I thought Proctor could do the job for us in central defence but based on tonights performance.............  :024:

Have to say over the course of 90 minutes we deserved that.

Thanks for Richie Hart, looks a class act.

Someone previously was having a go at Hart for calling Jokely a pr*ck. I take it you do know the only Caley player to leave the pitch after the 90 minutes was Mr Tokely, only player not there for the presentation made by Tony Fraser's widow.

I think you saw case in example of Lionel tonight, the most inconsistent player ever, had some good runs but is a hellish defender, Winters had him on his ars* with a step over  :015: and his swipes are classic.

Marius Nicaule, well it was his first game back, but thought he was nothing special.

Quite glad Barrowman scored, hopefully does well for you, cant really see it though, but if he plays against poor defenders like Dowie week in week out, there is hope for you.

Think it will be a tough one this year for your lot

Have to say over the course of 90 minutes we deserved that.

Thanks for Richie Hart, looks a class act.

You were by far the better team, and Hart was by far the best player on the pitch.

Well done County - sounds like they were up for the game and we weren't. Good to hear of Zander getting a run out last night though. Brew must give him a chance of an extended run with the first team squad. This is just the time to get duff performances out of our system and not after the 2009/2009 SPL season gets underway.

Just woke up, I had a bizarre dream. County beat us at football???

Yeh me too. Wow funny.

I also kept getting accused giving of nazi salutes, by a man bearing a striking resemblence to Osama Bin Laden.  :024:  Hmmmm.... :024:  Which was just bizarre.

Yep, County did deserve to win, looks like we need to dip into their squad again.  The ginger number five had a solid game at the back, Wood never got a look in the whole first half.  Disagree about having a longer look at Evans, he did absolutely nothing of note, other than play poorly like a few others albeit second game back for most.  For me, Evans is no better than a Highland league player, we don't need one of these, we already have Rory and there are plenty more up here without asking Fergie for one.  Bin him I say.  Marius did his best to look unimpressive...........?500k, we are havin a laff, he could not get the better of Counties defence, what chance of him cutting it in major European leagues. Black was our standout class act again, Barry willing to take the ball, Barrowman looks like he will do OK, Lionel, well he does everything, consistency will be his aim this season but I believe he will come good. 

Not wishing to take anything away from County, but would their starting eleven have been pretty much their first choice?  I ask this question as we had Cowie, Imrie, Barowman, Hastings (some may say thats an improvement), Duncan nowhere, and Vigurs who scored a teriffic goal not starting.  McGuire was another missing, although the jury is still out on him.  Not an excuse, just wondering if they played first choice players or not.  Whichever way you spin it, they still deserved to sneak it at the end.  Yes it was a friendly, still hard to take though.

Zander had a couple of quick breaks from deep in his own half, but nothing doing where we need him, in the opposition area.  Imrie did liven things up a bit but I'm afraid Rory has learned nothing during his holidays and needs to be released or loaned out.  Toughen up son or you better look for a career elsewhere.  Jumping, if you can call it that, without looking at the ball, pulling out of challenges, you name it, he can do it.  One half hit shot onto the post from six yards and a run into the box which produced a corner and that was about it.  Sorry Rory you look scared to get hurt, it is a big boys game and we need big boys. 

Well done Richie Hart, the good form you displayed in the reserves has carried on and you will have a good season in the first division, good luck to you and a cracking goal last night.

Oh, Tom and 12th man, that was no dream, not even a nightmare..............it is reality.

Oatsy, what upset most people, especially the first half was our toothless display, we looked inept.  It did liven up a bit in the second half, and we should have gone on to win after Vigurs superb goal, but sadly within twenty seconds, Fraser kept us ahead with a super save, but we still caved in to County, yes County...........not Rangers or Celtic or Aberdeen, but County, now that is a bit disconcerting.

Guest stevico64

Just woke up, I had a bizarre dream. County beat us at football???

Yeh me too. Wow funny.

I also kept getting accused giving of nazi salutes, by a man bearing a striking resemblence to Osama Bin Laden.  :024:  Hmmmm.... :024:   Which was just bizarre.

Maybe they seen you signature on the website yest, vote BNP

As always , hard to tell much from first proper friendly, so read with caution...................

Barrowman has a bit about him, given quality service he should score at least 10-15 goals in

the SPL. Compared to Wood and Rory he's a Torres. Zadi should cause defences a lot of problems this year......our own! Evans the Trialist; looks like he'll carry that tag for a while yet,

until he settles in at a nice mid table 2nd division club. Imrie appears to be carrying on his improvement and should be a positive force for us this season. Zander looked fast and lively but

tended to run into dead ends with no creative outcomes....much refining still needed. Our defensive unit looked better in the 1st half when Grant was organising but very poor once he left the game....much work still to be done there, although to be fair Brewster played 2 up front

supported by 4 attacking midfielders and a mad left back, leaving huge gaps for County to exploit.... I can't see us playing that system very often.  Our best player? Probably Black, his

usual hard tackling, calmness on the ball and good distribution, plus, he kept his cool despite

some provocation....which is more than you can say for Rossco. Team for Aberdeen?

Fraser

Tokely  McGuire   Munro    Hastings

Wilson  Cowie    Black       Imrie

Niculae   Barrowman

Same old, same old, I'm afraid......still, if we could change the habit of a lifetime and register some early victories for once, the confidence might take a boost and who knows what might lead on from there.

Most of the folk round me took this game in the spirit in which it was intended, and laughed at the end, but witha sorry shake of the head. It seemed like we had just taken up where we had left off. Same leaky defance, same lack of bite up front, long ball, duff passes.

but

Barrowman seemed to build on the Clach game and rose to the occasion. He will do good for us. Lionel has a deft touch on the tackle, big long legs like Tokers, but not good distribution. We can hope that he will improve under a good manager. Wood, not sure, there may be something there. We'll see after Saturday. McGuire's absence can only be a good thing, but there is still that Dods shaped hole in defence. Two left backs aint the answer, nor probably is Proc in the middle. Money needing spent.

Vigurs goal was top notch, and I look forward to watching him closer. Zander will hopefully be given the chance to contribute, and Imrie is missed when he is not there. As for Marius - keep the phone lines clear.

I cant help feeling that the pie is 90% mixed. A couple of more ingredients, and we are cooking. When does that pesky window close?

Zadi should cause defences a lot of problems this year......our own! Evans the Trialist; looks like he'll carry that tag for a while yet

Evans was showing terrific intent last night. It was a hard game to play in as many of the players had just played a day ago. Zadi will come into his own i think.

What worries me is Brew thinks Hastings and Proctor are good centre backs......but there not. Set pieces and offside trap need a bit of work too.

WHY?!

Do we persist on playing Rory Mcallister  :007:

He clearly wouldn't get a game for any other SPL team, to call him a striker is beyond a joke, his "finishing" leaves a lot to be desired.

The last 2 seasons i've said i'd give him a chance and hes ersed it in the County friendly games, missing sitters.

On a brighter note I thought the boy Evans did well.

He showed a lot of hunger and commitment last night, which is something we could really do with next season, especially if we find ourselves a goal down in games.

A couple of times he lost the ball but chased it down and won it back.

His crossing wasn't so great but that could easily be worked on.

We need a new penalty taker aswell  :rolleyes02:

Caley D makes a good point about Brewster being open for criticism - let's be fair - the players have been on holiday and are only getting back into harness, but Brew should recognise that and have the game played accordingly.

If the players are slower at the moment why play long balls that require chasing? Why not play a passing game on the ground and allow perhaps more time on the ball for the players to get 'into' the feel of the game again? It would then perhaps allow Evans to show his ability, so that a fairer assessment can be made prior to a final decision.  Yes, I do accept that Brew sees him at training as well and is therefore better able to judge but it can not compare to a competitive match - even if it is a friendly.

To come back to my, or Caley D's point - has Brews tactics improved or is he also open for criticism after last nights performance?

To come back to my, or Caley D's point - has Brews tactics improved or is he also open for criticism after last nights performance?

Reading about the pointless long balls doesn't sound too promising.