FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Gary McAllister

cal234ey

Gary McAllister saked as boss of Leeds after a run of 7defeats in their last 9 games. They are currently 5 points of the play-off spot but not good enough for owner Ken Bates.

Let's jump on the bandwagon and follow their example Brew out now!

There are few teams I dislike as much as Leeds. Ken Bates was an ideal chairman for them and when the loathsome Dennis Wise was their manager, it was perfectly hateful. All they needed was Vinnie ended-Gary-Stevens-career Jones as PR man and I'd happily see them go bust.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mrjamaca40

I know this might be punching above our weight but what about getting gary mcallister in and get that pair of idiots out. I know he might be too expensive but i think he would do a great job plus with his contacts down south we might get in decent players instead of county rubbish

I know this might be punching above our weight but what about getting gary mcallister in and get that pair of idiots out. I know he might be too expensive but i think he would do a great job plus with his contacts down south we might get in decent players instead of county rubbish

You've answered your own question. I would guess McAllister was on at leat ?500K a year at Leeds!. But there are lots of other good managers in English divs 2/3 who we could afford. We probably could have got Nigel Clough before he went to Derby, but my favourite would be Paul Tisdale of Exeter City, together with his Director of Football, Steve Perryman. They have done wonders at Exeter over the past three years.

McAllister may have been on that money but now he's on nothing. I see no reason why he wouldn't accept a large drop in his previous salary. He's had two management jobs and done little spectacular (well, spectacularly good) in both. I suspect he knows he's got to drop down, rather than wait for a high-flying job.

That said, I don't think he's done anything to inspire me.