FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT Sign Mihadjuks

Renegade

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps this is to do with our links with Hagi rather than Romanov?

I can assure you it is nothing to do with Hagi as the club have no links with him

I thought Hagi and his mate Popesue (or something like that) were ICT's Easter European scouts.

I can assure you it is nothing to do with Hagi as the club have no links with him

I thought Hagi and his mate Popesue (or something like that) were ICT's Easter European scouts.

No they never were , Popescu has a football academy in Romania which is generally considered the best in Eastern Europe. He offered ICT a tie up with that where they would get the pick of his best young players free of charge, the club had 2 appointments to go across to discuss this with him further but for whatever reason didnt turn up on each occasion so the whole thing died. Hagi was never invloved I think his name just came up as he is Popescus brother in Law

No they never were , Popescu has a football academy in Romania which is generally considered the best in Eastern Europe. He offered ICT a tie up with that where they would get the pick of his best young players free of charge, the club had 2 appointments to go across to discuss this with him further but for whatever reason didnt turn up on each occasion so the whole thing died. Hagi was never invloved I think his name just came up as he is Popescus brother in Law

If that is true, then ICT are utter fools. And I was always under the impression that Niculae was a product of the Popescu/Hagi scouting thing and Hagi was mentioned on the BBC commentary of one of the Romania as one of ICT's scouts. Maybe not then.

Edited to say, here's the link from a while back.

http://community.caleythistleonline.com/in...pic=3765&hl=

Edited by Renegade

If that is true, then ICT are utter fools. And I was always under the impression that Niculae was a product of the Popescu/Hagi scouting thing. Maybe not then.

No Niculae was not a tie up from that link and yes it is true, Popescus reasoning was it would be good for the young lads, come to a club like ICT where they have a chance to get into the first team and Inverness would have been a plce where they wouldnt have the distractions of a bigger city.

Hello guys!

I'm from Latvia, so I can answer to your questions about Pavels Mihadjuks. Yes, he is tall and strong. LAst season he moved from FK Riga to FK Ventspils. In FK Riga he played many years, in last years he definetly was one of the key players - very stable in defense and very dangerous in offense, when FK Riga took corner or standart. He plays good with head. But FK Riga has financially problems, so Pavels moved to FK Ventspils...

FK Ventspils is strong, but strange club. Many really good players can't play good there - very interesting coach, maybe that's the reason. So Pavels didn't play much for Ventspils too - he is really godd centre-back, but Ventspils had some better (or just - most likely for coach), so Pavels was in reserve.

I think, he will be really good signing for you. 100%, that he is in bad form now, because Latvian clubs start to prepere to season only now. He has some language problems too, but I'm pretty sure, he can play in Inverness good and help you.

Ask, if you have questions about him. Here is some articles about him and his debute in Latvian language. Sorry for my English... :rotflmao:

http://esports.lv/futbols/legionari/100120...skotu_inverness (He has signed)

http://esports.lv/futbols/legionari/100120...ebite_ar_uzvaru (He has played 1st match)

http://esports.lv/futbols/legionari/110120...snicenko_brauc_ (interview with Pavels after match)

btw Vladimirs Kolesnicenko, Latvian international, has gone and won't play by Inverness.

I read that as he's not match fit as the Latvian Season only starts now so he'll not have had any games under his belt before coming here.

Also, and maybe Kalnietis might be able to help, I think the last article says he was told he was not needed for this weekend and has been given time off to go home.

100%, that he is in bad form now, because Latvian clubs start to prepere to season only now. He has some language problems too

if i understand right,he isnt 100% fit,thats great means as weeks go by he,ll get better and better :rotflmao:

yes, he said himself, that in the 2nd half against Partick he was a little bit tired, of course, he isn't in solid form, because after holidays (after season 2008) he has practised only 2 weeks...

let's hope, that he will play better and better. Maybe you have any picture with him from 1st match against Partick? I can find some pics with him in FK Riga or FK Ventspils ifg you are interested... :thumb04:

so - from interview:

1) 1st half was good for him, but 2nd he felt a little tired. Partick isn't bad team. His English is poor, so it's hard to talk with other defense mens in the match. Head coach said to Pavels after match, that for the 1st match his performance was good. And wheater wasn't good - wind, "pulpy" pitch etc.

2) Kolesnicenko, who was on trial in Inverness, has said to Pavels, that FK Ventspils is a little bit stronger team. Pavels thinks - maybe, but he's not sure - similar teams. Football is faster in Scotland. But leage's level is definetly much higher in Scotland. btw Kolesnicenko has left - coach has looked at him some days and said, that Vladimirs isn't needable.

3) Pavels now is in Riga until Wednesday. He hasn't taken any stuff to Scotland, because he was thinking, that he will only practice in Inverness. He is very happy with Inverness, because FK Ventspils coach doesn't conside with Pavels in next season. He is on loan until 31st May.

About Kilmarnock (you mentioned this team in one of the posts) - FK Ventspils goalkeeper Andrejs Pavlovs was there on trial, Mihadjuks hasn't had relationship with any other team of Scotland.

btw Latvian international Aleksejs Visnakovs is close to sign with Aberdeen. Pavels is 1st Latvian in Scotland's football, but looks like in this transfer window some Latvian can sign here too.

My last post disappeared somewhere :rotflmao:

So I wanted to say anymore, that Pavels hasn't had any relationship with Kilmarnock (you mentioned this team in one of the posts). FK Ventspils 2nd goalkeeper Andrejs Pavlovs was there on trial :thumb04:

Edited by Kalnietis

Mihadjuks is out for our biggest match to date then... I was really looking forward to seeing this guy play on Saturday

Where did you read that?

I read that as he's not match fit as the Latvian Season only starts now so he'll not have had any games under his belt before coming here.

Also, and maybe Kalnietis might be able to help, I think the last article says he was told he was not needed for this weekend and has been given time off to go home.