FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

LONGMAN BLADES

Have just been in touch with an old Blade mate and he says that it is strongly rumoured that TWO Blades will be loaned out to ICT this season. He thinks that Luke Beckett may be out of our wage structure but he conjures up two possibles - will the Stattos update us? - IAN ROSS and COLIN MARRISON.

[move]REMEMBER - IHE IS RARELY MISTAKEN[/move]

Ross is a 20 year old midfielder who was on loan at Boston last year (that's United and not the Red Sox)

Marrison, a striker, was on loan at Bury last season.  Bury were deducted a point from their league tally for fielding him after his loan period was up.

[move]Read between the lines  :015: :015: :015:[/move]

From the Blades site!!

Marrison seeks ICT Loan move

Tuesday June 20 2006 12:37

Inverness Caledonian Thistle have approached Sheffield United to loan out striker Colin Marrison's for next season.

The 20-year-old made five appearances for Bury last season and the six foot striker is being tipped as a star of the future.

Marrison has made two first-team appearances for the Blades, both in last season's Carling Cup, against Shrewsbury Town and Reading.

Neil Warnock stated "It looks like a good move but I will have further discussions with Inverness when we travel North next month."

• 4 weeks later...

Got an e-mail from my mate who is a lecturer at Sheffield University. He informs me that it appears 99% certain that at least one Blade will be coming to Sneck on loan fer the season. The two names "most likely" are the aforementioned. Apparently Ross is very well thought off but a wage deal may be a blocker although the Blades may even make up the difference if there are first team squad gaurantees. Apparently Marrison is more green and again the need fer first team involvement is to be discussed. Marrison is a 6ft 1in centre forward whilst Ross is more of a feisty holding midfielder.

Dont ya just love pre season  :015: :015: :015: :015:

Got an e-mail from my mate who is a lecturer at Sheffield University. He informs me that it appears 99% certain that at least one Blade will be coming to Sneck on loan fer the season. The two names "most likely" are the aforementioned. Apparently Ross is very well thought off but a wage deal may be a blocker although the Blades may even make up the difference if there are first team squad gaurantees. Apparently Marrison is more green and again the need fer first team involvement is to be discussed. Marrison is a 6ft 1in centre forward whilst Ross is more of a feisty holding midfielder.

Dont ya just love pre season  :015: :015: :015: :015:

says in paper today ross is away on loan to a english club

• 2 weeks later...

More evidence of ma tasseography prowess.  :011: :011:

The Nationals print the story two weeks later and even get the two feckin names wrong.

Record Sport  FOOTBALL

27 July 2006

CHRISTIE HAD TO KO LOAN OFFERS

INVERNESS manager Charlie Christie knocked back the chance to take two Sheffield United midfielders on loan because he's more concerned with finding a new striker.

The Premiership club played Caley Thistle on Friday and Blades boss Neil Warnock offered Ryan Gyaki and Stephen Quinn on short deals.

Christie said: "The two lads in are midfield players and we're well covered in that department.

"I told Neil the type of player we need and he promised to keep us in mind. Unfortunately, I don't think Geoff Horsfield, who recently joined United for a million pounds, would want to come here on loan."