FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Superstition...

Kylef

I have now been to 5 ICT games this year... Rangers away, Kilmarnock home, St Mirren home, Hamilton home and St Mirren away.

Every one of these matches i went to we were undefeated. Also, every one of those matches, bar hamilton, i had my current 08/09 home strip on, and we won them all. I was hospitality for the Hamilton game so had a suit one, and we drew...im wondering if i wore my home strip we would have got a the full 3 points that day :rotflmao:

any of you guys do anything for superstition before a Caley game?

My 10 year old cousin has been to about 10-15 ICT home games, everytime we have lost, and that included Falkirk cup game. Blame the child!!! :rotflmao:

Just not take my cousin, and we are fine :thumb04:

Edited by caleymad

It may be pure coincidence but every time I wear my kilt I end up blootered.

thats not co-incidence, its cause and effect :rotflmao:

I have been trying to work out my combo for wins too!! i honestly have found that if i wear this years the day before and the 2 home shirts ago top on match day we seem to win, also i have never seen us lose at home when i go to the games too.... hummmmmmmm

I have a superstition for Scotland games where I wear a toothbrush in the place of a skean dhu. I was in a rush to catch the train from Aberdeen to Glasgow for the Faroes game at Celtic Park in the last qualifying campaign, so grabbed my toothbrush as I could brush my teeth in the taxi to the station. Upon getting to the station I shoved it down my sock so i'd have a hand free to hand over my ticket (and disguise the bag of beer!).

We won that game 6-0, so I thought i'd do the same for the next game which was away to Lithuania. Another win. France at home next, so toothbrush was shoved down the sock for a third game running, followed by another win. I also found out that night, attractive women are extremely interested as to why someone would wear a toothbrush in their sock... "It is the modern skean dhu" i'd reply, in addition to saying that it seemed to attract attractive women! You'd be surprised at how many times that line has worked :rotflmao:

The next matches I could make were the home games v. Georgia and Lithuania... again both wins, whilst my toothbrush is down the sock. Flight to Paris next, where the toothbrush raised a few eyebrows at check-in and security. Another win! Incredible night...

Ukraine match in glorious sunshine as well = win!

The Italy match was the only one which did not yeild a victory, still gutted about that result :thumb04:

I must make clear that it was a different toothbrush for each game by the way!

I used to wear the same Saltire boxer shorts at every game, until I left them at a one night stand's flat the morning after one of the Scotland friendlies (I forget which).