FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Bad night in EUROPE

WYNESS101

Wasnt McGhees first result a carbon copy of Strachans first result wi Celtic (in competitive games)? Both games in Europe, both got humped 5-1. Maybe the not so dandy dons will go on and dominate Sdottish football for the next few years! :018:

There is absolutely no excuse for 1-5. If they were playing a team from the top four of Italy, England, Spain then sure, but c'mon...dire isnt the word.

I am sad for Scottish football, and don't see why many posters take any glee in it if they are true fans of the scottish game

We need summer football to stop this constant embarrassment. Motherwell and Aberdeen (and Falkirk to some extent) have barely got a team together with all their comings-and-goings. Celtic's first match might be the most important of their season, yet they've hardly warmed up. Just embarrassing for Scotland.

Wasnt McGhees first result a carbon copy of Strachans first result wi Celtic (in competitive games)? Both games in Europe, both got humped 5-1. Maybe the not so dandy dons will go on and dominate Sdottish football for the next few years! :dunno:

Celtic actually lost 5-0 to Artmedia.... and then almost pulled it off at Celtic Park! Can't see the Dons or Motherwell getting as close I'm afraid.

So far then, that's Falkirk out, Aberdeen and Motherwell with almost impossible deficits and Celtic on a dicky wicket too since it won't be easy to pull back a one goal deficit in Moscow with their opponents also in possession of an away goal. I would imagine Celtic are regretting mising out on the SPL title which would have put them straight into the group stages. As it stands, it's now looking fairly likely that for (at least?) the third time in five seasons, a member of the Old Firm will fail to get past the Champions League qualifying stages and be out of Europe after two games.

And the financial turnover of the OF clubs is several times greater than that of any other club in Scottish Football. In practice, Scotland is way out of its depth in European football.

In summary, it seems more than possible that four of the Scottish representatives could be out of Europe before the fifth one, Rangers, have even started.

A team like Aberdeen spends the whole season getting excited about the possibility of qualifying for Europe.

Only for it to be 90 minutes of humiliation and then its all over. Talk about anticlimax.

A team like Aberdeen spends the whole season getting excited about the possibility of qualifying for Europe.

Only for it to be 90 minutes of humiliation and then its all over. Talk about anticlimax.

Did you have an Aunty Climax?

Wasnt McGhees first result a carbon copy of Strachans first result wi Celtic (in competitive games)? Both games in Europe, both got humped 5-1. Maybe the not so dandy dons will go on and dominate Sdottish football for the next few years! :splat03:

Celtic actually lost 5-0 to Artmedia.... and then almost pulled it off at Celtic Park! Can't see the Dons or Motherwell getting as close I'm afraid.

So far then, that's Falkirk out, Aberdeen and Motherwell with almost impossible deficits and Celtic on a dicky wicket too since it won't be easy to pull back a one goal deficit in Moscow with their opponents also in possession of an away goal. I would imagine Celtic are regretting mising out on the SPL title which would have put them straight into the group stages. As it stands, it's now looking fairly likely that for (at least?) the third time in five seasons, a member of the Old Firm will fail to get past the Champions League qualifying stages and be out of Europe after two games.

And the financial turnover of the OF clubs is several times greater than that of any other club in Scottish Football. In practice, Scotland is way out of its depth in European football.

In summary, it seems more than possible that four of the Scottish representatives could be out of Europe before the fifth one, Rangers, have even started.

Nobody seems to have noticed that I forgot about Hearts. It's only now that I'm realising that Scotland has (had!) SIX teams in Europe (albeit one of these just for being "decent chaps"). That's a very large number for a small country which has footballing "independence" thanks only to an historical anomaly and where standards of play are relatively poor.

Just got a little bit better last night. An excellent win for Celtic away to Dinamo Moscow. It does hurt to say that, but nonetheless it was a good albeit unexpected result.

Just got a little bit better last night. An excellent win for Celtic away to Dinamo Moscow. It does hurt to say that, but nonetheless it was a good albeit unexpected result.

Well you guys I was in Moscow with a dead plane,(electrics) so we had to stay overnight, we got tickets for the Celtic game and it was ok they played well Dinamo were poor, but it was funny to see celtic guys with the russian hats after. I met Tony Mowbray at the airport, a nice guy

1--0 To Motherwell at the moment, they get another and its game on i recon.

However... Aberdeen are down 3-0 in the second leg and Oloumuc have just missed a penalty! what a shame eh... :ohmy:

Edited by caley100

However... Aberdeen are down 3-0 in the second leg and Oloumuc have just missed a penalty! what a shame eh... :ohmy:

I can't stand Aberdeen at all but for our country's respect I really wish the roles could be reversed.