FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Smoking area for half time

kiltarlity

Or instead of asking the club to spend money we can ill afford on people who are incapable of exerting an ounce of self-control if they cannot last for the period of a football match without a fag we could use it to sign new players instead or use it to keep staff on.

Don't complain it is too difficult to quit go and call the NHS they help people quit for free you would save yourself a small fortune.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fail to see how opening and closing a door at half time costs any money.. There are plenty of security people who are employed to stand about anyway...

Addicts are some of the most strong willed people you will ever meet, ask anyone who works with them... nicotine has been proven to be as addictive as heroin.

So I don't really think self control is the issue, if you were an addict you would realise it's nearly as simple as that.

Guest birdog

Or instead of asking the club to spend money we can ill afford on people who are incapable of exerting an ounce of self-control if they cannot last for the period of a football match without a fag we could use it to sign new players instead or use it to keep staff on.

Don't complain it is too difficult to quit go and call the NHS they help people quit for free you would save yourself a small fortune.

I can see you have never been afflicted with an addiction of any sort, how is the weather up there?

Guest birdog

I fail to see how opening and closing a door at half time costs any money.. There are plenty of security people who are employed to stand about anyway...

Addicts are some of the most strong willed people you will ever meet, ask anyone who works with them... nicotine has been proven to be as addictive as heroin.

So I don't really think self control is the issue, if you were an addict you would realise it's nearly as simple as that.

According to the Henningfield and Benowitz rating systems tobacco is more addictive than heroin*

SOURCE

It is amazing really how many people are unaware of the dangers of the two most prevalent legal drugs, interesting to note that cannabis is less addictive than most, including the drug sold at TCS, caffine.

More interesting reading for the high and mighty.

*As far as dependence goes.

Edited by birdog

Guest birdog

If addcition is really the problem here you can use nicotine replacement products eg gum, lozenges or patches whilst at the game.

If you read the warnings on the packs of nicotine replacement therapy it can be extremely dangerous to use these and tobacco products in conjunction with each other. Snuff is passable, for me, as a stopgap during the match, snus is a far better replacement but as said before it is illegal to sell snus in the EU.

My Uncle wasnt even a heavy smoker but found gum helped him stop, only now he is spending more money buying the gum as hes hooked on it now lol!!! No one likes a quiter

If they created an area, installed a cigarette machine and applied the rule that you can only smoke cigarettes bought on the premises (as they do with food) then they could actually make money!!!

:lol:

:blink: Im not aloud to take my own munch n juice in with us........ :blink: Oh dear!!

:lol::blink: eh... ummm. I dont do that though honest... Ive always taken a Mars Bar (other Sweets are avalible) an now and again a wee plastic bottle or water or bru... im scared now!

If addcition is really the problem here you can use nicotine replacement products eg gum, lozenges or patches whilst at the game.

If you read the warnings on the packs of nicotine replacement therapy it can be extremely dangerous to use these and tobacco products in conjunction with each other. Snuff is passable, for me, as a stopgap during the match, snus is a far better replacement but as said before it is illegal to sell snus in the EU.

There are patches on the market that you can smoke with also as a one off once a while mixing these products would be ok. people do it all the time.

Guest birdog

There are patches on the market that you can smoke with also as a one off once a while mixing these products would be ok. people do it all the time.

Thanks for the advice, I take it you are a health professional? One more question, if I take a heart attack during the match whilst heeding your advice do I sue you or CTO for allowing this advice on their website?

OK to clarify so no one gets sued. There is help avaiable whether to stop smoking or cut down as in this case. If you were admitted to hospital you will not be able to smoke and help would be provide on a short term basis. No one is suggesting that this should be done without the advice of a Gp, smoking advisor or pharmacist. I'm sorry I replied to this topic probably the poster should keep smoking and talk the club into providing an area for this purpose. Anyway I think as a smoker you would be hard pressed to prove your heart attack was due to any other cause.

What shocks me is that some people cannot go 120 minutes without smoking.

People can but some people don't want to. Why should that bother anyone?

It just defies belief that all these people with an addiction want special treatment off the club due to a dangerous addiction - what if I am an alcoholic, does that mean that I should petition for access to a bar at half time or during the match?

It just defies belief that all these people with an addiction want special treatment off the club due to a dangerous addiction - what if I am an alcoholic, does that mean that I should petition for access to a bar at half time or during the match?

The snobs in the Kingsmills Suite get to enjoy that little perk....

Here less of the snob bit I spent a few saturdays in the Kingsmills the season before last for work duties :016: but yes was always a bit surprised how I could nip out for a puff there and not when I was in the normal seats

Get a grip. What we are asking for puts nobody's nose out of joint. The example you give would require the club to invest in facilities for said addicts. As has already been pointed out, allowing smokers to pop outside for a smoke costs no money and harms no one but those who choose to do it. Instead of criticising people's self restraint can you just tell us exactly why it is that you have a problem with this?

Yeah, of course. If you've got enough money you can do whatever the feck you want.

Birdog. Your posts on this thread are some of the most self-righteous, arrogant things I've ever seen.

You're a smoker not a fecking crackhead selling his assh*le for your next hit (and ticket).

Get off your podium you twa*t.