FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Smoking area for half time

kiltarlity

Legislation requires that the Kingsmills Club have it's own separate entrance/exit, and that entrance must be supervised....thus allowing people to come and go in a controlled manner. People are not paying for the right to go out and smoke, it's just a "side-effect" of the legislation and one which anyone who wishes to smoke could make use of by joining the Kingsmills Club....as well as all the other benefits which equate to more than the cost.

Staff/Journalists/Exec Box users etc all use the main entrance....again the main entrance is supervised and this (as with the Kingsmills Club) allows people to come and go in a controlled manner. Also, when your in the Kingsmills Club you fall within the scope of licensing legislation and not necessarily stadium legislation and/or stadium/club rules.

In effect, those coming and going in those areas are taking advantage of the fact that the club need supervised entrances in these locations anyway, and are not incurring any additional expense by allowing people out to smoke. The number of people coming and going is also minimal and easily managed by those already there.

To provide the same/similar service to everyone would mean additional staff. You can't just have one gate to go in/out as if you provide for home fans you have to provide for away fans and if you supply for Main Stand you then have to provide for North Stand.....you're looking at a minimum of four people (one at each corner of the ground) to supervise the coming and going of people to external smoking areas....the next complaint would then be that people had to queue to get in and out and they should have more people covering it, then they'd be wanting catering facilities there because they didn't have enough time to go for a smoke and the go get a coffee to satisfy their caffeine addiction.......by trying to solve one complaint, you create a half dozen more things for people to kick up a stink about.

There's plenty of things I don't think the club do/have got right and I'm as quick as the next person to criticise, but I also realise that sometimes you just have to accept the fact that you can't always get what you want.....for good reason.

My involvement with This Website, The Trust and directly as a result of being The Announcer (and trying to improve the matchday experience), and the various ongoing proposals being put to the club from all these areas, has perhaps given me a bit more insight into the "thinking" of the club and I can assure you that if someone came up with a way of making this possible that didn't cost the club money or cause them any additional problems then they would be more than willing to listen. People might not agree with that mindset...I know I don't always agree with it, but like it or not, every penny counts right now and we don't have the same level of income as we enjoyed in the SPL that allowed the club to absorb the cost of "nice to haves".

Just so I don't get picked up on it again and accused of being "one of them"....when I say "We", I'm referring to the whole club which includes the fans and not "We" as in those viewed as being on the inside.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may be selfish, but I don't want the person sitting next to me going for a smoke and coming back reeking of stale smoke.

Realistically, if the person sitting next to you is a smoker they will prob smell a bit of stale smoke anyhow (whether they go for a fag or not). I don't like the smell of booze on a person. Since I stopped drinking it's really obvious to me. Should we ban that as well, after all drinkers cost the NHS ?millions in hospital visits each year ?? Not to menton the crime that often is associated with drunken behaviour.

Perhaps you should stay in your house, close all the windows and wrap yourself in cotton wool so you don't ever have to risk being subjected to car fumes and the reak of stale smoke.

I will also bet if it was a attractive young busty blond smoker who was sitting beside you at TCS and she wanted to snog you, you would have no objection.

Live and Let Live...

Edited by kiltarlity

It may be selfish, but I don't want the person sitting next to me going for a smoke and coming back reeking of stale smoke.

I wouldn't worry about that, someone who cant go without a cigarette for 2 hours probably reeks anyway,

CALEYD has made a very valid and reasonable point if you really need to smoke at half time give the club ?100 for the privilege,

When you take off free parking,free halftime pie and drink plus other perks how little is it really costing you.

I would like to buy a pre match drink at the stadium or the occasional late lunch. If I gave the club ?100, I could do that too.

I wouldn't expect someone to moan that they want a dram,food, free parking or bus, free halftime p&b etc at the ground but don't want to pay the ?100.

So the same applies to smoking.

I wouldn't worry about that, someone who cant go without a cigarette for 2 hours probably reeks anyway,

CALEYD has made a very valid and reasonable point if you really need to smoke at half time give the club ?100 for the privilege,

When you take off free parking,free halftime pie and drink plus other perks how little is it really costing you.

I would like to buy a pre match drink at the stadium or the occasional late lunch. If I gave the club ?100, I could do that too.

I wouldn't expect someone to moan that they want a dram,food, free parking or bus, free halftime p&b etc at the ground but don't want to pay the ?100.

So the same applies to smoking.

Take it you're a paid up member then?

I will also bet if it was a attractive young busty blond smoker who was sitting beside you at TCS and she wanted to snog you, you would have no objection.

Live and Let Live...

Sorry to disappoint you Kiltarlity but I wouldn't exchange tongues with a smoker no matter what she looked like..... and at my age I'm even less fussy than I used to be :003: :003: :004: :011: :lol: :lol:

Edited by The Mantis

Realistically, if the person sitting next to you is a smoker they will prob smell a bit of stale smoke anyhow (whether they go for a fag or not). I don't like the smell of booze on a person. Since I stopped drinking it's really obvious to me. Should we ban that as well, after all drinkers cost the NHS ?millions in hospital visits each year ?? Not to menton the crime that often is associated with drunken behaviour.

Perhaps you should stay in your house, close all the windows and wrap yourself in cotton wool so you don't ever have to risk being subjected to car fumes and the reak of stale smoke.

Live and Let Live...

Realistically, I hope you don't sit beside me but If you do I don't drink before a game so you will not smell drink on me. Snog is such an old fashioned word, but to answer your question, no I would not.

Sitting here with my windows firmly closed.

Guest neksor

This is a sports stadium which lots of impressionable children attend.

What kind of example would smokers be giving to these young football fans?

Why should we be poisoned by smokers disgusting fumes?

Smoking should be definately banned from all of the ICT owned area incluing the area outside the stadium!

neksor