FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Bulvitis

Renegade

94 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Re-Sign Bulvitis Until The End of the Season?

• Yes
    • No

Nauris Bulvitis's contract is up in January. Would you re-sign him for say, another six months? Or would you punt him to try and free up some money for the possibility of signing a better and more stable centre-back? Discuss

Nauris Bulvitis's contract is up in January. Would you re-sign him for say, another six months? Or would you punt him to try and free up some money for the possibility of signing a better and more stable centre-back? Discuss

keep him, try and get someone else in for some competition though. Maybe try and shift out someone else, stratford or barrowman perhaps

I'd keep him definitely.

He's not actually that bad a defender, though he has been prone to a fair few howlers, but I think he's improving all the time. He seems to be the easy option to blame for our poor defence when the other 3, far more experienced, defenders alongside him get away with making the same mistakes game after game.

All 3 of Dundees goals last Sunday came down Golabeks side. Tokely looked useless as soon as Dundee sussed he had no pace. Sides are working us out easily....it's the full backs that are our defensive problem, not the centre halfs.

Plus he's still very young, he's learning all the time, and he gets a few goals too.

Depends who we can get, been struggling to fill this position since Dods left with the exception of Pavel, would rather keep Bully than go through the while McGuire etc procession of rubbish again. When is Duff fit again? he would also be decent back up

Edited by stevico1

Depends who we can get, been struggling to fill this position since Dods left with the exception of Pavel, would rather keep Bully than go through the while McGuire etc procession of rubbish again. When is Duff fit again? he would also be decent back up

Think Duff is out for the whole season which is a shame.

Think Duff is out for the whole season which is a shame.

I thought that might have been the case, yes real shame, real prospect but will see the best of him in the future I am sure

We can't afford to let him go (assuming he even wants to stay) unless we are bringing in at least 2 other Central Defenders.

Yep would agree with that, thankfully we haven't had any injuries in that area, apart from Duff but if we did could be struggling, I would imagine if TB has any cash to spend in the Xmas window it is defence he will be looking at.

No way can we let him go. We do not have many options at the back and as others have said, he is improving and scoring goals. The problem is on the flanks: Tokely is only showing glimpses of the kind of play we have loved over the years whilst Golabek flattered to deceive on his return and is now showing that he no longer has what it takes. There are various options midfield and up front but for me the 3 names that should be first on the team sheet every week are Esson, Munro and Bulvitis.

The lad's probably gutted after his unfortunate own goal on Sunday and the last thing he needs is fans suggesting he should be shown the door. I thought he was one of the best players on Sunday and can't understand why anyone would feel his contract should not be renewed.

the boy has an eye for goal, hes put more balls in the back of the V's net that some of out Midfielders!! maybe even moving him in to a more central mid position could even suit him, hes a big lad and not so easy pushed about.... i rate him, as much as he has his moments... hes young, far from home, and his best friend here doesnt speak much of English let alone his.. give the boy a chance.....

Keep him to give him a chance to improve. Not all bad but sometimes looks lost. Similar to Lionel who I would also love to see being given another chance. But we should be searching for alternatives at the back as we have insufficient cover at the moment

When he is out of contract in January, there is also the possibility, he, might not want to stay. I hope he does stay He has done not to bad in the games I have seen, and it wouldn't be a great idea to have a new central defensive partnership mid season. It could take a new guy time to form a partnership with Munro, at a time when we could be challenging at the top of the league.

When he is out of contract in January, there is also the possibility, he, might not want to stay. I hope he does stay He has done not to bad in the games I have seen, and it wouldn't be a great idea to have a new central defensive partnership mid season. It could take a new guy time to form a partnership with Munro, at a time when we could be challenging at the top of the league.

I know he likes Invss, he has found it difficult to adapt to the different style, but you know, I now feel the true fans are warming to him, he is a grafter, willing to learn , ok he makes the odd **ck up , is he the only one in the team, give him a season, although he is no Pavels, he is willing to learn

What's his natural position by the way? I've heard that it's actually as a right back, and the centre-half is not his natural position.

He is CB, but have played few games as centre-half, can`t remember him as right back,

and by the way, he started this season already in march, played aprox.20 games in Latvian championship, and now he is playing every game, so he can be little bit tired, that`s why not everything going as you all expect, and how he would like by himself...

What's his natural position by the way? I've heard that it's actually as a right back, and the centre-half is not his natural position.

He is CB, but have played few games as centre-half, can`t remember him as right back,

and by the way, he started this season already in march, played aprox.20 games in Latvian championship, and now he is playing every game, so he can be little bit tired, that`s why not everything going as you all expect, and how he would like by himself...

Nauris, your english is getting better as well as your game :lol:

I think he wouldn't be too shabby as a striker. Seems to have a better eye for goal than half of ours anyway. :lol:

my good man this is a very good point, he has scored more that most of our midfielders...

He would never wrote anything,

I just know him very well... that`s why can`t sit quiet, as should do...

No need to sit quiet friend. Everybody's opinion is important and welcome and, maybe, if more people knew he didn't have a summer break like the other players they would have more sympathy. Would I be correct in assuming you also are Latvian?

Nauris, your english is getting better as well as your game :004:

No need to sit quiet friend. Everybody's opinion is important and welcome and, maybe, if more people knew he didn't have a summer break like the other players they would have more sympathy. Would I be correct in assuming you also are Latvian?

Yes, I am... he is my small bro, that`s why very painfull to read if something going wrong, but as you said every opinion is important, and here I can get know, how he is going...