FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hayes to sign up

Good news in the P&J article that Hayes is looking to get signed up and test himself in the SPL. Hopefuly several more will following in the days to come....

He said: ?It is a nice situation when you feel wanted. I have been at a few clubs where I have not had that.

?The manager and the players have made me feel welcome and they want me to stay. I think the three Irish players come as package. Adam Rooney has signed up and I think Richie should as well. We need to stick together.

?The manager knows how much I have enjoyed my time at the club from the first day.

?There are only a few players under contract. It has been a good thing in a way as it has kept everyone on their toes and everybody has been fighting for a contract for next season.

?We will see what happens in the next couple of weeks. The main aim was to get promoted and now we can look at our own situations.

?I want to stay and work with the manager and the rest of the players and it would have been enticing nomatter what league we were in. Now we are promoted it is a big bonus.?

Hayes took time to acclimatise to the Scottish game but is now settled and wants to test himself in the SPL.

He added: ?It was difficult coming in, as I had not played many games anywhere and it took a while to build my fitness up.

?I had not played much football in four or five months. The game is played in a different way up here and it is quite pacey. It is a lot quicker than the leagues I have played in and it did take a while to get used to it.

?Once I got going, as did the team, we have been flying and established a great run to get promoted. We will go to the SPL aiming to finish as high as we can.?

Good news in the P&J article that Hayes is looking to get signed up and test himself in the SPL...

?The manager and the players have made me feel welcome and they want me to stay. I think the three Irish players come as package. Adam Rooney has signed up and I think Richie should as well. We need to stick together.?

Oh what beautiful news! I'm feeling quite giddy and optimistic about who will re-sign now dancer.gif

Sounds very promising indeed, also good to read that he thinks that if he signs up Foran will probably do likewise as the 3 Shamrocks will keep together.

Very promising! Hope the others follow suit! I'm sure big Tel will make them an offer they can't refuse... :rolleyes:

Sign here or I'll batter you senseless???

:lol:

Seriously though, can't remember if I've posted it anywhere on here, but I've said to a few people over the last 3 or 4 weeks that I was confident Butcher would manage to retain all the players he wanted to keep.

Hayes signing a new contract would be a huge boost for us for next year

Hopefully we can secure the nucleus of the squad for next year and add some strength in depth. We definately need to tie the shamrock trio to contracts as soon as we can

Think Terry will twisting Forans arm as he states that he has helped him out on a couple of occasions.

We definately need to tie the shamrock trio to contracts as soon as we can

Foran will be twisting Butcher's arm for a 5 year deal and I think ICT contracts are a gift, never to be seen as a tie........

From article in todays Daily Record

While Ayr are desperate to avoid the nightmare of relegation, Inverness star Johnny Hayes admits he's in dreamland at the thought of becoming an SPL star next season.

The wing wizard has been an integral part of Caley Thistle's title triumph after being signed from Leicester last summer.

The 22-year-old Irish ace is ecstatic at the prospect of top-flight football and is desperate to pledge his long-term future to Terry Butcher's newly-promoted side.

Hayes said: "It's just sinking in that we're in the SPL next season and personally it's a dream come to true.

"I can't help but think ahead to what it will be like playing against both halves of the Old Firm in front of 50,000 fans.

"Terry took a bit of a gamble when he brought me to the club given he'd only seen me in action once.

"When he signed me he made clear there was a great opportunity to go on and play in the SPL and it couldn't have worked out better.

"Hopefully we'll get a new deal sorted out soon because I won't be too difficult to deal with. I'm very happy here so the quicker it's done the better and we can all keep moving forward."

Just a case of getting the money right then?

"Hopefully we'll get a new deal sorted out soon because I won't be too difficult to deal with. I'm very happy here so the quicker it's done the better and we can all keep moving forward."

fantastic!!!! :lol:

I'll be up to meet them all on tuesday so I'll put the heavy's on them.

if your struggling i will chip in and help you as well. im up on tuesday. getting train up from glasgow for the night then back home on wed morning

....is desperate to pledge his long-term future to Terry Butcher's newly-promoted side.

....I won't be too difficult to deal with. I'm very happy here so the quicker it's done the better and we can all keep moving forward."

Grassa - cancel your dinner with Gordon Smith and nip round to Jonny's house ASAP ... in fact, if you do it tonight he may well have had some 'celebrations' and will sign a Jim McLean-esque 15 year deal :clapping03: