FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

MFR to do live commentary

Scotty

I heard the announcement this evening on MFR - 36 games live.

Great that we have live commentary, but surely there are 38 games this season (33 pre-split plus 5 post split)?

Nope. 31 then 5 after the split mate.

Fantastic news! They sure have taken their time to do something like this. But its welcomed all the same!

• Disagree 2

This is great news,its the earliest Christmas present Ive had in ages and all parties win.

MFR get a wider audience, we get to listen to the game,the sponsors get advertised and ICT reel in new fans, I'm hoping MFR can do for ICT, what TV has done for the Old Firms fan base.

I heard the announcement this evening on MFR - 36 games live.

Great that we have live commentary, but surely there are 38 games this season (33 pre-split plus 5 post split)?

Nope. 31 then 5 after the split mate.

Fantastic news! They sure have taken their time to do something like this. But its welcomed all the same!

Surely its 33 + 5 as we play each of the other 11 teams once = 33 and then we will play the other 5 teams in the top six once :ictscarf:

guess its a typo in the release ... we had 36 last season so someone forgot to count :lol: ...... it is 33 + 5

I am guessing that Radio Scotland will still also do it as the audio rights are "non-exclusive" so can be carried by more than one "broadcast partner"

Here's the press release from MFR...

Moray Firth Radio to broadcast live SPL football

Inverness based radio station MFR has secured the rights to broadcast all Inverness Caledonian Thistle games in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League for the season 2010/11.

The local commercial radio station, which is owned by Bauer Media, already covers sporting events across the largest geographical area in mainland UK including the Highlands, Moray and parts of Aberdeenshire. It is delighted to be adding broadcasts from the area's only team in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League.

The radio station's live commentary venture is in partnership with the largest house builder in the Highlands, Inverness based Tulloch Homes who will sponsor the 2010/11 Clydesdale Bank Premier League season on Moray Firth Radio.

MFR reaches out to over half the population in the area. It is another achievement for the station which has already won a clutch of awards in the last 10 months and more recently was named 'UK local radio station of the year' for 2010.

There will be live coverage of all 38 games, home and away, starting with the curtain raiser at Tulloch Caledonian Stadium on August 14th against Celtic.

Danny Gallagher, Managing Director at MFR said: "I am absolutely delighted to have negotiated this deal with the SPL for our listeners. Many have made it known that they would love MFR to follow the first division champions as they move back up to the Clydesdale Bank Premier League. I'd like to thank Tulloch Homes, our broadcast partners, who have been instrumental in supporting us."

David Sutherland of Tulloch Homes said: "As a vibrant company focused on playing our part in seeing local communities grow and prosper this is a real positive tie up for us. We are hoping the communities of the North of Scotland will support our only Clydesdale Bank Premier League team bringing even greater confidence to the area."

Terry Butcher, Manager of Inverness Caledonian Thistle said "I know many of our supporters are big MFR listeners and I know they will be ecstatic that we are getting so much coverage. We have a great relationship with the radio station and its partner in this venture Tulloch Homes"

The live commentary will be broadcast on Moray Firth Radio 1107AM, MFR TWO on DAB Digital and online at mfr.co.uk, along with live updates from Ross County, Elgin City and the Highland League plus score updates from the SPL and the Premier League.

Will Radio Scotland still be broadcasting all games as well?

Yes, with a number of different options.

Radio Scotland will have live commentary on all 38 (sic!) games. The only one of these at the moment which will not be live on air (ie internet only) is the Dundee United game a week Sunday. On occasions when commentary is not going out across the whole country it will at a minimum go out on 92-95FM from transmitters across the Highlands and Islands (home and away games).

Saturday's game against Celtic, since it is a 1215 kick off, can be heard nation wide on 810MW.

Your BBC football options for Saturdays are as follows -

* 7 hours of football from midday (Off the Ball through Sportsound and Your Call to Sports Report). Within this, from 3-5pm there are the options of live commentary or Open All Mics on 103.5-105FM.

* On TV, the Final Score programme at 4:30 on BBC 1 includes updates and full times from all SPL games.

* BBC Online also has live commentary as well as other updates and extensive pre and post match reports. (With the usual unavailabilities of commentary for the Diaspora for the usual reasons.)

Outwith Saturdays, SPL coverage is on 810MW and this can also be picked up on 103.5-105FM when Radio nan Gaidheal is not on air.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

I presume that the BBC will be showing online highlights again this season?

We will try to cover all the various options in our matchday thread ....... but as far as I know .... the media arrangements so far are as follows.

Audio:

• BBC Radio Scotland - as normal. All games (except that noted by CB above) national on the radio. Online, some games will be worldwide whilst others will be UK only.
  • Moray Firth Radio - All games local via the radio, UK only via online stream

Video

• Various games live via SKY / ESPN (30 each per season). These are all UK only but various international channels will also show games but people in those locations will have to find out for themselves !!!
  • BBC ALBA offer a match 'as live' on a Saturday night. UK Only.
  • All these matches are denoted on the SPL fixture list at www.scotprem.com with an icon for the relevant broadcaster
  • BT Vision also have a match in full via delayed transmission.
  • STV have acquired the rights to use SPL footage across their daily new bulletins and their Sports Centre programme broadcast ahead of each weekend's fixtures. STV will also be assisting the SPL to produce over 100 matches each season and manage their archive content going back to 1998.
  • Highlights are available on Sky Sports and BBC Scotland on Monday night.
  • Online highlights can be viewed on the BBC Sport website.
  • Subject to getting a copy of the guidelines from the SPL we will also continue to assist the club in getting their own highlights up on the official website as before. these will likely be the same footage as those featured on BBC/SKY/ESPN etc as they will be obliged to give the club a copy but the difference in putting it up on the club site is that it can be viewed globally rather than just within the UK. There may be a delay in starting this service as we are still waiting on details but once all the questions are cleared up hopefully all games will be made available.

we will also continue to trial the "live commentary" function we did for the QP game with a view to transferring it to the club somewhere down the line if it proves popular/succesfull

I presume that the BBC will be showing online highlights again this season?

We will try to cover all the various options in our matchday thread ....... but as far as I know .... the media arrangements so far are as follows.

Audio:

• BBC Radio Scotland - as normal. All games (except that noted by CB above) national on the radio. Online, some games will be worldwide whilst others will be UK only.
  • Moray Firth Radio - All games local via the radio, UK only via online stream

Video

• Various games live via SKY / ESPN (30 each per season). These are all UK only but various international channels will also show games but people in those locations will have to find out for themselves !!!
  • BBC ALBA offer a match 'as live' on a Saturday night. UK Only.
  • All these matches are denoted on the SPL fixture list at www.scotprem.com with an icon for the relevant broadcaster
  • BT Vision also have a match in full via delayed transmission.
  • STV have acquired the rights to use SPL footage across their daily new bulletins and their Sports Centre programme broadcast ahead of each weekend's fixtures. STV will also be assisting the SPL to produce over 100 matches each season and manage their archive content going back to 1998.
  • Highlights are available on Sky Sports and BBC Scotland on Monday night.
  • Online highlights can be viewed on the BBC Sport website.
  • Subject to getting a copy of the guidelines from the SPL we will also continue to assist the club in getting their own highlights up on the official website as before. these will likely be the same footage as those featured on BBC/SKY/ESPN etc as they will be obliged to give the club a copy but the difference in putting it up on the club site is that it can be viewed globally rather than just within the UK. There may be a delay in starting this service as we are still waiting on details but once all the questions are cleared up hopefully all games will be made available.

we will also continue to trial the "live commentary" function we did for the QP game with a view to transferring it to the club somewhere down the line if it proves popular/succesfull

cheers for the update, seems like a lot more coverage than last season, can only bode well for getting more exposure for the club

Here's hoping that MFR do coverage from tannadump a week on Sunday. BBC coverage of ICT last season was woeful. And now they're not even covering the Utd game?

As Charles said, the BBC are covering it on the internet. For me, the choice will come down to which commentators i prefer. The last time we were in the SPL the BBC commentary usually came from Scott Davie and Brian Irvine and tended to be bit dreary. It'll be intersting to see who Moray Firth have lined up. Hopefully an ex-ict player for analysis.