FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Stadium Announcer.

Guest Hilts

I am no fan of dundee utd or craig brewster but our stadium announcer should surely be told not to take the mickey out of the team thats botton of the league. His comments about basement battlers or whatever he said about dundee utd may be funny in a pub situation  with your mates but were not funny or appropriate when announcing in the football staduim. This type of thing does not shed a good light on our club.. Surely its time for a club official to put him right..

I have no sympathy for Brewster or DUFC......It was he who decided to leave ICT in the lurch and head off to a "bigger" club !!!! Then if that's not bad enough he comes calling for our players and unsettles the team pre season!!!

As the song goes...."Who's sorry now?"  :016: :016: :016: :016: :016: :016: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

The fact is that the announcer is an official rep of ICT. His jokey comment was funny the first week but now the never ending slagging and slating is not really acceptable and is actually disrespectful despite what Mr Brewster did to us!

What does it say about ICT professionalism and respect for other clubs if comments like that are made every week by a club rep?

I would say keep the remarks for the social club or this kind of site.

If he wants to have a dig just be a bit more subtle!

Surprised so many folks heard his comments. The PA System is so P**H you have to get everyone around you to shut up just to hear the half-time scores and 50-50 winner.

The presentation of all the info through the PA on match days is poor and it's time we spent some pocket money on a decent sound system so folks can hear the importamnt announcements (and the odd joke about the Arabs) :003:

Couldn't hear him at all above the noise at the end of the game.  We need a decent PA system and someone who can whip us into a frenzy at the start of a game - as long as they don't bring back Tich McCooey.

I am no fan of dundee utd or craig brewster but our stadium announcer should surely be told not to take the mickey out of the team thats botton of the league. His comments about basement battlers or whatever he said about dundee utd may be funny in a pub situation  with your mates but were not funny or appropriate when announcing in the football staduim. This type of thing does not shed a good light on our club.. Surely its time for a club official to put him right..

I don't understand some people. After a tremendous fightback like today all you want to do is complain about the tannoy  :017:

I squirm every time this guy makes a derogatory reference to Craig Brewster and / or Dundee Utd. The thing is, it is in isolation, the rest of his presentation is as brief as it is perfunctory.

I really don't understand in these days of refereeing supervisors and SPL match representatives that somebody has not advised him or the club that patter like this does not fit well with our friendly image.

Get a life people!!  Its a bit of banter, that's all.  He's only saying what everyone is thinking, and its not as if he's some ambassador for the club or anything he just reads out the teams and a few birthdays! 

The guy at Kilmarnock doesn't get any stick when he plays ring a ring a roses when Celtic go in their huddle!

Get a life people!!  Its a bit of banter, that's all.  He's only saying what everyone is thinking, and its not as if he's some ambassador for the club or anything he just reads out the teams and a few birthdays! 

Spot on.

Some weeks he's the only thing that raises a laugh at the game!

I think I will start a collection at the gate of the Aberdeen match to buy sense of humour upgrades for a few folk on this site. Honestly the prawn sandwich munchers and sweety rustlers are taking over. It was never like this before we got into the SPL.

And before I get ribbed about my lack of posts on here my old username was stonedsailor before we shifted sites.

And before I get ribbed about my lack of posts on here my old username was stonedsailor before we shifted sites.

Then welcome to our new site.  The more of the old characters we have on here the better.  That's not to say that new posters are not equally important to provide a balance of opinion.

I think I will start a collection at the gate of the Aberdeen match to buy sense of humour upgrades for a few folk on this site. Honestly the prawn sandwich munchers and sweety rustlers are taking over. It was never like this before we got into the SPL.

Hilarious!  Completely agree - The stadium is full of them, crack used to be so much better on the terracing!

I cant believe people are actually getting worked up over the tannoy announcers dig at Dundee Utd - It's a bit of crack!!!  I think it's quality!

Falkirk announcer slags Dunfermline and vice versa, DU announcer slags Dundee and vice versa, It doesn,t happen so much at Rangers and Celtic now cos they usually play on different days. Hibs slag Hearts and vice versa. It's called rivalry and banter. Thats the big boy football game. Get used to it. Its all part of the fun of the day.

Are you also complaining when County get a slagging as their score comes through?