FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Call To Arms

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

Now this could be a rather difficult thread to administrate but PLEASE let it go on the main page - I am looking to set up a reunion of the group of lads who were dubbed the "Caley Animals", revered by the Telford Street masses, gained notoriety which was more often OTT and added on to and on to, gained a certain cult status and had others associating themselves and names added on and on. I know who the originals were. I will also be posting this on P&B and Facebook with a view to a Reunion before the Elgin game.

Mantis - can I add yer name as an intermediate contact ?

As far as I am concerned we were "naughty" - possibly "very naughty" !! - and we got in more than our fair share of scraps but those were the times (70's - early 80s) and we were no different to the SESH army of today. Plus it bugs me with all the "posers" and anti - merger fans - who associate themselves with a quite exclusive group of "mates" who really had Caledonian FC but also Inverness at their souls.

So - let the others join - and here is the first controversy - the original idea of the "Animals" came from maself and "Stormin" Norman Gordon - now deceased - I am totally convinced that Norman was Inverness first and Rangers second and he would have been in Section G and CaleyAway today if he was still alive. Rodger MacDonald fell off a train in 1977 but he was my best mate and he would definitely be standing beside me today. He also was Inverness football through and through.

The others are all alive - most are stay aways (but could come back for the Hellgin) but some of the originals are around, and at least 2 go regularly to TCS, but perhaps incognito. Lets get together and show that the "cult" of old Inverness are not as anti ICT as all make it out to be.

So - if you proclaim to be an original "Caley Animal" - please post here.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 3

Aye sure Johndo, I'll field any mails I get. I doubt you'll get much response though. Shame it wasn't at BB, as most of them will never set foot in the TCS. The only one I'm in touch with is the Fortrose man (Bluesbrother on here, PRS on P&B) and I can't see him travelling up for it from Edinburgh.

Now this could be a rather difficult thread to administrate but PLEASE let it go on the main page - I am looking to set up a reunion of the group of lads who were dubbed the "Caley Animals", revered by the Telford Street masses, gained notoriety which was more often OTT and added on to and on to, gained a certain cult status and had others associating themselves and names added on and on. I know who the originals were. I will also be posting this on P&B and Facebook with a view to a Reunion before the Elgin game.

Mantis - can I add yer name as an intermediate contact ?

As far as I am concerned we were "naughty" - possibly "very naughty" !! - and we got in more than our fair share of scraps but those were the times (70's - early 80s) and we were no different to the SESH army of today. Plus it bugs me with all the "posers" and anti - merger fans - who associate themselves with a quite exclusive group of "mates" who really had Caledonian FC but also Inverness at their souls.

So - let the others join - and here is the first controversy - the original idea of the "Animals" came from maself and "Stormin" Norman Gordon - now deceased - I am totally convinced that Norman was Inverness first and Rangers second and he would have been in Section G and CaleyAway today if he was still alive. Rodger MacDonald fell off a train in 1977 but he was my best mate and he would definitely be standing beside me today. He also was Inverness football through and through.

The others are all alive - most are stay aways (but could come back for the Hellgin) but some of the originals are around, and at least 2 go regularly to TCS, but perhaps incognito. Lets get together and show that the "cult" of old Inverness are not as anti ICT as all make it out to be.

So - if you proclaim to be an original "Caley Animal" - please post here.

What an oik. It was all Earl Grey and Bakewell slices up on the hill.

• Agree 1

What is this - Hooligans Reunited?

Youve about as much chance of reforming the "Caley Animals" as you have of reforming the Beatles. Almost all the guys I would consider to be original Caley Animals (in their fifties and sixties nowadays) are died in the wool refuseniks.

"Plus it bugs me with all the "posers" and anti - merger fans - who associate themselves with a quite exclusive group".

Care to elaborate? Who are these "posers" you're referring to?

Rest assured the polis are going to love this thread - guaranteed post-new year overtime on Jaunary 8th....

No alla violenza!

Knowing a few of the afore-mentioned 'Caley Animals' I just cant get the vision out of my head.

Tonights news headlines:

Tanked up on pink gin and Werthers Originals a group of aged former Caledonian FC casuals, known as the 'Animals, today reunited to bring back the old memories of the past rivalries between themselves and their enemies from the City of Elgin. Around eight animals and two from the Borough Brigs Brigade met behind the Highland News offices for a bit of pre and post match disturbance to commemorate the heady days of highland league rivalry of the seventies. Yep!, crossed walking sticks and the clash of zimmer frames reverbrated down the Longman. Police who were called to the scene where hindered in trying to quell this disturbance as they were overcome by fits of laughter at the sight of those aged hooligans falling over as they failed to realise the zimmers were supposed to support them in an upright position.

• Agree 1

Were the casuals attached to Caley not called the ICI?

All very 1991.

I'm sure Johndo will be flattered to think that he was young enough to be a casual :rotflmao:

Anyway the 1991 lot were HSE were they not?

I remember the HSE,they were mental, now all they do is make sure things are done safely.

• Agree 1

Put another nickle in ........... FOUR so far Mantis - one is a season tkt holder in Section G , other two are up fer Elgin - plus one reply from Poole in Dorset from the only Englishman in the firm :rotflmao::rotflmao: We are talking about the mid 70's here.

YMIP - the joke is that we were just a bunch of mates who liked a good drink (etc.) and a laff - a scrap in those days was practically part of the day out.

Sounds like an excellent initiative Johndo. I certainly plan ditching the ICT scarf for the day in favour of my old Caley one Would suggest all old Caley or Thistle fans don blue and white or red and black for the day.

Sounds like an excellent initiative Johndo. I certainly plan ditching the ICT scarf for the day in favour of my old Caley one Would suggest all old Caley or Thistle fans don blue and white or red and black for the day.

Ye'll need three scarves--one for each wrist and one round the napper.

Edited by dougiedanger
  • Disagree 1

Having read quite a number of your posts now the only conclusion I've come to is that you are a bit soft in the head

dougal

An interesting post which possibly reinforces the recently struggling theory that Dougal is in fact a windup merchant.

In other words is he or is he not perfectly aware that IHE, in real life, is actually a senior psychiatric nurse coordinating treatment of many of the cerebrally dysfunctional of Lancashire... in effect gamekeeper rather than poacher? (OK... maybe a bit of both at times! :laugh: )

Other than that.... reviving the "Caley Animals"? For "IHE and Mantis" read "Jack and Victor"!

Were the casuals attached to Caley not called the ICI?

All very 1991.

The ICI were Caley and Thistle boys originally put together for a very eventfull trip to Forres for the cup final versus elgin which made the front pages of some of the national papers the following day for non-football reasons! , and yes very 1991 ish, although the merger of casuals did set the tone for an even bigger merger in 94 :tongueincheek:

The ICI were Caley and Thistle boys originally put together for a very eventfull trip to Forres for the cup final versus elgin which made the front pages of some of the national papers the following day for non-football reasons! , and yes very 1991 ish, although the merger of casuals did set the tone for an even bigger merger in 94 :tongueincheek:

I thought the ICI Daily Record front page came about after the game against Stirling Albion at Brockville. Am I imagining things or did the players not have to get taken off the pitch at one point of that game due to the mayhem on the terraces?

I thought the ICI Daily Record front page came about after the game against Stirling Albion at Brockville. Am I imagining things or did the players not have to get taken off the pitch at one point of that game due to the mayhem on the terraces?

No it was certainly Forres. It was Thistle V Elgin in a cup final. There were battles in the town and bricks and bottles thrown in the ground. People were left lying in a heap on the ground with the ICI calling card on their napper!