FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

MERGED: Rooney Transfer ???

TopSix

Just heard he's at Hibs for a medical, if this is true I'll be very disappointed in him. Lack of respect and ambition IMO.

200k plus nish ive heard. :ohmy:

I thought the Inter stuff was pretty bad, but that is really taking the p1ss.

Or do you mean we give them the 200K?

Strangely I think Terry and Mo could get Nish firing them in.

And I've not even been drinking! (like anyone on here will believe me tho!)

With KB on this one.

Nish has a lot to prove, like Dargo when he came here, and maybe he will.

If the deal at ?200k plus Nish is true, then I think it would be a fantastic piece of business.

• Agree 1

If the deal at £200k plus Nish is true, then I think it would be a fantastic piece of business.

You know what they say if something sounds too good to be true.....

It's not as far fetched as it sounds. Nish has been a bit part player at Hibs for a while and he is in the same position as Rooney with his contract been up at the end of the season too. We made it clear this week by knocking back the Russians that we are not prepared to let Rooney go for pennies this window. If it is true then this is a deal that would suit all parties involved. Nish may not be the ideal choice but he could certainly do a job imo.

Edited by ajsict92

The rumour as interpreted by BBC in their friday gossip column is:

Hibernian are poised to swoop for Inverness striker Adam Rooney as boss Colin Calderwood is eager to strengthen his squad with Derek Riordan and Colin Nish on their way out of Easter Road.

That statement suggests to me that Nish is on his way out of Hibs, not that he's coming to us.

• Disagree 1

I wouldn't be adverse to Colin Nish coming here, despite many years of calling him Colin Pish. But I don't see how this move is of any major benefit to Adam. He surely wouldn't be getting THAT much more money at Hibs and if he doesn't settle in properly he could quite easily become another player who disappears into the ether.

I wouldn't be adverse to Colin Nish coming here, despite many years of calling him Colin Pish. But I don't see how this move is of any major benefit to Adam. He surely wouldn't be getting THAT much more money at Hibs and if he doesn't settle in properly he could quite easily become another player who disappears into the ether.

I suppose Adam would maybe prefer to live in Edinburgh than Sneck and it would mean he could get home to Dublin much more easily. Still would rather that we sell outwith the spl though as Im sure hes not going to stay with us now.

Based on their current form I can't see Hibs being a worthwhile move for Rooney. OK, a bit more money and playing in front of a few more thousand, but surely a move to an Englih Championship side would achieve these two benefits, and more, and be a better platform for him in the longer term. I'd quite like it if he came to Reading where I'd see him once in a while. I know they're on the look out for a striker.

Good luck to him wherever he ends up.

greetings from Edinburgh guys, just a Hibs fan interested to see what the rumours are

up in your neck of the woods

So far its nothing more than a rumour, but all Hibs fans are desperate for this to happen

cos we are desperately short up front.

as far as money is concerned I dont know what you guys are paying him but I believe

that Riordan and Miller are the top earners at around 4k a week

If Nish is to be included in the deal then I pity you, he is probably a 1/4 of the player Rooney is

and is hopeless in the air for a man his size, rarely hold the ball up and is worse than Lee Miller at

falling on his behind. if I was Butcher I would push for wee Kev McCann to be part of it, he is an excellent prospect

and most of us were bamboozled when Yogi let him join you on loan.

PS, you can have Rankin back too if you wantthumbdown.gif

When we had Hibs up here I spoke to a few of their fans in the Caley Club who were adamant back then he was gonna sign for Hibs in January. Interestingly enough, his goal against Elgin is the only one he's had since that day.. Put it down to the lack of service without Hayes but he hasn't scored in the SPL for just shy of 2 months.

Don't see where all this is coming from rather than a few posters on forums though. All we have is one person saying he's heard it's for £200k plus Nish and people are jumping to conclusions. I severely doubt this would be the deal. £200k would be a brilliant return on it's own from an ICT perspective right enough, given he could well leave for nout in the summer.

On another note, I'd welcome Rankin back anyday to TCS, and think Nish could still do a job in the SPL as well.

To be honest I don't see why Rooney would want to move to Hibs though. IMO if he's going to stay in Scotland then he's aswell staying with us though. Big if, but IF Hamilton win their 2 games in hand.. Hibs would then be joint bottom with Midden.

It wouldn't be a step forward for Adam at all, and would show a complete lack of ambition from him.

Wouldn't begrudge him the Inter Milan move though.

Edited by ICTFCkev
  • Agree 1

If Nish is to be included in the deal then I pity you, he is probably a 1/4 of the player Rooney is

....... if I was Butcher I would push for wee Kev McCann to be part of it, he is an excellent prospect

PS, you can have Rankin back too if you want

I don't think there's much in it myself between Rooney & Nish. Playing for Hibs and their demanding fans has ripped the confidence out of Nish. He always did well against us, whether it was Clyde, Killie, or early at Hibs. On the other hand Butch is getting the very best out of Rooney and he might not develop further. Under a different boss he may even go backwards. Good luck to the big man anyway, you couldn't meet a nicer guy.

Wee Kev's OK going forward but he's a pretty hesitant/uncommitted defender IMO. I don't know how often he actually played for Hibs to give people an opinion.

Maybe Rankin's another guy like Rooney who did well here. ICT have a habit of getting the right people running the club, the right spirit at the club, and great commitment from pretty average players. That goes a long long way and is how we keep up with far larger clubs like Hibs and Aberdeen.

• Agree 2

....... if I was Butcher I would push for wee Kev McCann to be part of it, he is an excellent prospect

PS, you can have Rankin back too if you want

far larger clubs like Hibs and Aberdeen.

Once upon a time, aye.