FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

squeeky bum time

bishbashbosh

We are a lot deeper in the relegation fight than people seem to think. There was a similar 'we'll be fine' attitude last time we went down. We need to get points asap.

I imagine Dunfermline will beat St. Mirren at home on sat and we don't really have a great record in Aberdeen. So we could easily be looking at a 6 point gap which is nothing given that we play Dunfermline again who, remember, we havn't beaten in the league this season! If they get a new manager bounce they could have that gap gone in no time.

Not disagreeing with you totally in respect of "the we''ll be fine attitude", but taking into account goal difference, Dunfermline have to win 5 out of their 8 games to go above us while we tale no points from any of these games. I don't think Dunfermline are capable of this but the best way to make sure is get another couple of wins under our belt and then i think we will be safe. Time for the fans to get behind the team and come out in force perhaps or should that be another topic?.

We are a lot deeper in the relegation fight than people seem to think. There was a similar 'we'll be fine' attitude last time we went down. We need to get points asap.

I imagine Dunfermline will beat St. Mirren at home on sat and we don't really have a great record in Aberdeen. So we could easily be looking at a 6 point gap which is nothing given that we play Dunfermline again who, remember, we havn't beaten in the league this season! If they get a new manager bounce they could have that gap gone in no time.

Not disagreeing with you totally in respect of "the we''ll be fine attitude", but taking into account goal difference, Dunfermline have to win 5 out of their 8 games to go above us while we tale no points from any of these games. I don't think Dunfermline are capable of this but the best way to make sure is get another couple of wins under our belt and then i think we will be safe. Time for the fans to get behind the team and come out in force perhaps or should that be another topic?.

Think you might have your sums wrong there. They only need to win 3 games and draw one to go above us out of their last 8. And imagine after sat it will be win 2 and draw 1.

Saying that I still don't think we will go down but I didn't think we would go down in 2009. Lets just make it impossible as soon as we can. Would take a point tomorrow then a big game next week which if we win will leave Hibs as the team Dunfermline can realistically catch not us.

As long as Hibs lose 2mo and we can beat them the following week then I think we will almost be there.

Looking forward to next season already with County coming up. Haven't really looked forward to a season this much other than our first in the SPL. Hopefully it will spark a bit more interest in ICT as well with our dwindiling crowds this season.

On a side note. Am I right in thinking that we have never had a home SPL crowd below 3,000 before? (not including playing in Aberdeen).

We have come dangerously close to going below that for the first time ever this season.

As long as Hibs lose 2mo and we can beat them the following week then I think we will almost be there.

Looking forward to next season already with County coming up. Haven't really looked forward to a season this much other than our first in the SPL. Hopefully it will spark a bit more interest in ICT as well with our dwindiling crowds this season.

On a side note. Am I right in thinking that we have never had a home SPL crowd below 3,000 before? (not including playing in Aberdeen).

We have come dangerously close to going below that for the first time ever this season.

Never mind Hibs.....Beat aberdire tomorrow then the fermers on wed

I think if attendances have fallen below 3,000 then you should have a look at the Gretna games as thats where it'll be if any at all.

As for squeaky bum time, this thread almost feels a little silly now. we are in the driving seat and i'd fancy us to at least finish above Hibs, Dunfermline and St Mirren this season. Aberdeen is do able and Kilmarnock would be a bonus although i don't think we merit 7th this season from our performances. I'm going for a cautious 9th with a great chance for 8th.

• Agree 1

I know of a couple of bums that have stopped squeaking...........well, squeaking much less maybe, how about yous Mr Boshbishbash

one cheek unsqueaked.

ps your getting your bishes,boshes and bashes mixed up.

remember harry enfield as the plasterer with his wad after a job "loads of money, BISHBASHBOSH"

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone recall Terry saying we are nearly safe in the year we were relegated? A win for Dunfermline on Wednesday might start our nerves jangling.

Terry Butcher was disappointed his Inverness side was held to a 1-1 draw against 10-man Hamilton but feels they will avoid relegation.

10:50, May 11, 2009

Terry Butcher feels Inverness are inching closer to safety and was upbeat despite losing a late equaliser at Motherwell last night.

14:41, May 14, 2009

Terry Butcher admits he's still coming to terms with Inverness' relegation but is already planning for an instant return to the SPL.

14:27, June 1, 2009

Squeaky bum time NO that expired a while ago now  - both teams Hibs / Dunfermline are quite simply

NOT going to get 6 points / 9 pints respectively to leave us at the bottom.( Even if we get 0 pts)

At least we will be involved in a couple of meaningful games/ which will be more meaningful for Hibs/Pars

maybe bringing good support to our games.

If the Pars win on Wednesday, then yes, I will be worried. But Dunfermline and Hibs still have to play each other so one will take points off each other. So, this increases our chances of survival. Either way, I'm still confident enough to say thank feck for Hibs / Dunfemline

If ICT lose all of their games, Dunfermline win their remaining three, Hibs win two out of their three (which includes a loss to Dunfermline) then, by my reckoning, we would go down. Is this right?

If ICT lose all of their games, Dunfermline win their remaining three, Hibs win two out of their three (which includes a loss to Dunfermline) then, by my reckoning, we would go down. Is this right?

Yes thats right. Thats the ONLY combination of results that could get ICT down, UNLESS we drew with St Mirren but Pars and Hibs overturned goal advantages of 16 and 9 in the process of doing what RiG says.

What odds could you get in an accumelator at the bookie for ICT to lose all three, Pars to win all three and Hibs to win 2 and lose to Pars?

A tenner on that might be a wee insurance policy for anybody thats over anxious since going down would then at least have the sweetener of a few quid.

Yes, on the up side.

Even if we get beat on Wednesday night, if Hibs draw or lose we are guaranteed to stay up.