FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Charles Bannerman's new favourite player ...... Danny - please tell us what subject he was hoping to teach ? It will make a big difference whether CB or Mantis is his biggest fan !!!!

• Agree 1

Sorry Scotty, no idea on the teaching subject. I'm looking forward to following Caley Thistle next season. You've got yourself a new fan!

Who knows, maybe Celtic will go tits up this season and make the Scottish Premier competitive! Here's hoping!!!!!

• Agree 6

I think that a club and player can sign a contract any time, it's just that the transfer of his registration can't take place until the window opens.

Didn't Tansey sign for us in early June last year?

It seems we have signed a defender (according to this rag anyway):

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/inverness-caledonian-thistle/2012/06/07/inverness-ct-newboy-gary-warren-chance-to-face-the-old-firm-was-crucial-in-my-decision-to-move-north-86908-23888510/

Anyone know anything about the player? He's not a teenager so hopefully a good signing and can be the rock we need at the back.

Yes, from a wage point of view, and standard of play, I wouldn't be surprised if Conference was about right for us.

I wouldn't turn my nose up at potential players from that division. We got Gillet from Barnet who only just missed being relegated to Conference again, this season. Arguably he has been one of our best players. I certainly hope he signs on with us again.

So there is every chance that the odd, affordable, gem can be found in the lower reaches of the EFL

Aye but for every one of those, TB signs 3 Aldreds or Stratfords or Eagles. Even Tansey came from league 1 and IMO wasn't really good enough for the SPL. Meekings is another who struggled although granted he's only a youngster.

I know he has financial restraints and has to scramble around to get players to come, but how does this guy get to 28 without making it at some point?

I think it shows the trouble we are in that Gary is probably good enough to get a game for us at the arse end of the SPL. That's not the same as being good enough to cope in the SPL.

Sorry but the SPL is just not as bad as some people make out and I include TB in that. It works the other way too. People like Cowie and Rooney have left us for far bigger clubs.

As ever, happy to eat my words at the end of the season.......

• Agree 1

OK so that's the squad/back up player signed. Who are we chasing to be the first choice?

How do you know he is not a first choice player? have you ever seen him play? give him a chance he hasn;t even played a game yet

Christ people get over the ICT stalwart scenario. Thats never going to happen again here just as its not happening at St Mirren, St Johnstone etc. Even County will have frequent changes in personell in the years to come. Its the nature of the beast thats Scottish football. If this guy comes here for a season and shines we'll all be devastated if he then leaves. Dont put him down before he's had that chance to shine. Lets get some of the 04 to 08 positivity back into this club.

• Agree 4

OK so that's the squad/back up player signed. Who are we chasing to be the first choice?

I despair. I really do.

I see a player who has been playing part time football until the age of 27 as a signing that might be for squad depth. I certainly won't be expecting him to walk into the team and i'd like a couple more players with a better CV at the club looking for a starting place but i will give him his chance to show what he can do. If he performs exceptionally well and earns a regular place then great, if not he'll be the back up player that we need and what we have all expected from him in the first place.

• Agree 1

I despair. I really do.

I see a player who has been playing part time football until the age of 27 as a signing that might be for squad depth. I certainly won't be expecting him to walk into the team and i'd like a couple more players with a better CV at the club looking for a starting place but i will give him his chance to show what he can do. If he performs exceptionally well and earns a regular place then great, if not he'll be the back up player that we need and what we have all expected from him in the first place.

Do you? Why doesn't that surprise me? I have never read any football forum so packed with glass half full with a crack in the bottom fans that it is positively depressing. It certainly isn't particularly positive in any other way.

• Agree 3

I despair. I really do.

Do you? Why doesn't that surprise me? I have never read any football forum so packed with glass half full with a crack in the bottom fans that it is positively depressing. It certainly isn't particularly positive in any other way.

Clearly never been on P&B then :lol:

• Agree 3

I despair. I really do.

what's more realistic? We bring in a player who has played part time football upto the age of 27 to go straight into the starting 11 and put heavy pressure on the lad or to expect him to be a squad player and earn his place. I don't think I'm being negative in thinking he'll be a squad player. Wanting more than 1 other centre back signed up is also not being negative.
  • Agree 1

for those despairing that he has been playing P/T ... just remember that Dougie Imrie came to us after progressing from Juniors to SPL in a short timeline ... and he did ok for us !!! it may not be a common occurence, but its not impossible. Give the guy a chance ....

• Agree 1

I despair. I really do.

Clearly never been on P&B then :lol:

I have, believe me. It at least has lighter moments.

FFS!

People moan when we sign inexperienced youth to play at the back, we sign someone older with experience yet still quite young for a player in that position and people still whine.

Here's a phone number some of you might need: 08457 909090

Who remembers when this forum used to be fun? Or at least mildly positive? Sometimes!

• Agree 4

Charles Bannerman's new favourite player ...... Danny - please tell us what subject he was hoping to teach ? It will make a big difference whether CB or Mantis is his biggest fan !!!!

Because of my various out of school activities, I actually quite often get taken for a PE or an English teacher. For God's sake, come to think of it, even David Currie presenting The Results Programme once referred to me as an English teacher!

But on the other hand, recent progress made by the CB and Mantis escape tunnels may sooon render such considerations redundant!