FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Derby pitch inspection - GAME OFF

Bronson

From The Sun article - 

County called for a 2pm pitch inspection yesterday after rain storms battered Dingwall.

Groundstaff worked all morning but could not clear a four-yard strip in front of the dugouts.

So the game was called off due to a four yard strip in-front of the dug-outs?!  What a farce!

And here's another thing.  If the drainage system was to blame and was set up incorrectly, it was County's job to ensure that it was working properly.  If it is the case that the derby and  the Hearts game would have been playable had it not been for their own incompetence, then both Inverness and Hearts should be awarded 3-0 victories.

If the reports that Cownty didn't have a suitable drainage system. is in contradiction of the SPL ground regulations. Where it says, "The field shall be in a playable
condition throughout the playing
season."

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/ClubLicensing/TheManual/06%20Ground%20Criteria.pdf

3-0 ICT and a large fine would be suitable punishment :tongueincheek:

Mr megabucks has taken my earlier thread to heart and is now going to invest in a proper drainage system - better late than never :wink:

I'm really enjoying that the sheen of the early season County hype has been tarnished and the reality is coming out for public display.

• Agree 1

I could have sworn that they announced a new drainage system as part of their SPL improvements

Says on their own website that they had invested on improving the drainage.

"The Undersoil heating was installed succesfully and at the same time the soil was excavated and regraded to improve root growth and drainage"

http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/the-club/profile.aspx

Dingwall don't have pitch covers apparently.  :furtive:  

They definitely do have covers because we used to borrow them occasionally before we got ours.  In saying that, unless they have got new ones, the old ones no longer fit as they widened the pitch in the summer....but ours would fit and they know they can borrow them from us if needed.  However, as I said above, from talking to one or two people it seems covering the pitch would make no difference due to the nature of the issue.

They may have had them in the past.  They don't have them now.

I was out the night before the cup game and their itch was covered

According to the ground staff at Dingwall they don't have waterproof covers.  Apparently though, what they do have though are covers which are there to help with the undersoil heating.  They aren't waterproof though.

Edited by Renegade

I could have sworn that they announced a new drainage system as part of their SPL improvements

Says on their own website that they had invested on improving the drainage.

"The Undersoil heating was installed succesfully and at the same time the soil was excavated and regraded to improve root growth and drainage"

http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/the-club/profile.aspx

Dear oh dear, the evidence really is starting to build up against our neighbours to the north.  The SPL need to investigate these liars/incompetent (delete as appropriate) simpletons ASAP.  Hopefully this will thus lead to Hearts and Inverness being awarded 3-0 victories. 

• 4 weeks later...

When they built the stand ie the main stand during the highland league era they destroyed the drainage. Since the park is only about 1/2 metres above sea level it is always going to be susceptible to water logging.

According to my twitter friends from OTB, uncle Roy announced last night at their fans forum that it would be 2 nd March at 3 pm as the police had refused Alba. 5.30pm kickoff. Apparently was shushed by DA that it wasn't yet confirmed. So we shall see....

So does anyone know WHY the Police allegedly refused 5:30?

Is the reason out of the same stable as opposing the lifting of the Inverness midnight curfew or criminalising references by both sets of fans to mobile homes and related issues, despite what the Lord Advocate's guidelines appear clearly to say?

Charles you might be better asking this OTB as they seem to know it all lol

OCG... I will be asking Roy tomorrow! (I believe he might be quite busy and preoccupied at the moment! :smile: As I write, still 0-0 at Dens.)

Ended 2-0 to County. Derby game whenever played will still be significant with respect to final standings as they are only 5pts behind us now. In fact only 9pts between 2nd and 11th. It is all still pretty tight. Some points today would be greatly appreciated.

My understanding is that with a run of big games in the North and especially in Dingwall, including Celtic playing there at 1245 on March 9th, police staffing levels are stretched to the limit, so adding 5:30 on the 2nd was just a step too far. 3pm apparently eased the rota pressure so in this instance I am sympathetic with the Police predicament.

Edited by Charles Bannerman