FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Barton vs Hamann on twitter

TomCaleyJag

Joey barton is a player who was born a few years too late. Had he been a player in 70's or 80's he'd be a hero. Unfortunately our modern PC correct non contact namby pamby sport doesn't like a Barton type person.

I disagree Alex.  A tw@t is a tw@t regardless of what era it is.

• Agree 3

Cant abide Barton. Violent, disruptive, ill tempered little S**t. Lucky that any club will still take a chance on him.

He has the nerve to criticise Didi Hammann. Modest pro who had much more success within the game than Barton will ever have...the boy needs to know when to shut his face.

Cant abide Barton. Violent, disruptive, ill tempered little S**t. Lucky that any club will still take a chance on him.

He has the nerve to criticise Didi Hammann. Modest pro who had much more success within the game than Barton will ever have...the boy needs to know when to shut his face.

To be fair to Barton, who is a cretin, I don't see how you can admire a drunk driver who had a gambling problem. 

To be fair to Barton, who is a cretin, I don't see how you can admire a drunk driver who had a gambling problem. 

I think the operative word here is "had." Didi was a fantastic professional who had some problems once his playing career was coming to an end, problems which he has now overcome. We all make mistakes - like ajs i have a massive amount of respect for Hamann.

• Agree 1

I think the operative word here is "had." Didi was a fantastic professional who had some problems once his playing career was coming to an end, problems which he has now overcome. We all make mistakes - like ajs i have a massive amount of respect for Hamann.

Yeah we all make mistakes like pissing away £200,000 in a day or getting smashed before trying to drive home. That's fair enough if you can look past things like that that's your prerogative. I can't admire people like that.

Yeah we all make mistakes like pissing away £200,000 in a day or getting smashed before trying to drive home. That's fair enough if you can look past things like that that's your prerogative. I can't admire people like that.

Hamanns a puppy compared to Barton. Barton's done time for serious assault and if he was any regular human being he would still be there. He brutalized Ousmane Dabo as well in a training session and his conduct on the final game of the season was nothing short of disgraceful, those are just a select few of many Barton moments.

Edited by ajsict92

Yeah we all make mistakes like pissing away £200,000 in a day or getting smashed before trying to drive home. That's fair enough if you can look past things like that that's your prerogative. I can't admire people like that. drink driving has got to be one of the stupidest things to do. Attacking someone is bad but you should be getting a sentence for something like that, these crimes don't get enough punishment IMO. Innocent people can die because of these morons.

drink driving has got to be one of the stupidest things to do. Attacking someone is bad but you should be getting a sentence for something like that, these crimes don't get enough punishment IMO. Innocent people can die because of these morons.

As we say here, keep the church in the village. Drink driving is something you shouldn't do, but innocent people can die because a driver without alcohol, drugs or medication suffers an unexpected heart attack and his car plunges into a group of pilgrims because of that. As happened in Southwestern Bavaria a couple of years ago. The only way to prevent death is abolish living :crazy:.

Edited by Rainbow

drink driving has got to be one of the stupidest things to do. Attacking someone is bad but you should be getting a sentence for something like that, these crimes don't get enough punishment IMO. Innocent people can die because of these morons.

As we say here, keep the church in the village. Drink driving is something you shouldn't do, but innocent people can die because a driver without alcohol, drugs or medication suffers an unexpected heart attack and his car plunges into a group of pilgrims because of that. As happened in Southwestern Bavaria a couple of years ago. The only way to prevent death is abolish living :crazy:.

That is true but, of the approximate 3,000 deaths on Britians roads each year, over 1,400 are directly linked to drink driving.

Alex, I don't support drink driving. I just wanted to say that some things like deliberately raping a woman or deliberately beating a youth up and leaving him to die is worse. Far worse. Not the other way round as ICTPaisley suggests.