FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The best strike pairing

Stevie

Thankfully the team's fortunes seem to have changed over the last few games.

Personally I thought it was little more than a run of bad luck more than anything. I didn't at anytime start to think it was the beginning of the end or join in the C.C. bashing (he says smuggly  :003:)

However I do feel that a small part of the turnaround could be down to the Bayne/Wyness pairing. They appear to compliment each other pretty well. Against Rangers in particular I thought they were superb.

I've not got it in for Craig Dargo, genuinly think he's a good player, he certainly scored plenty of goals for us last season, for which I will be eternely grateful. In fairness he developed a good partnership with Denzil for a spell last term but they haven't looked so good since that spell.

I'll no' be happy if either Bayne or Wyness is dropped for Dargo, this pair deserve a decent run (I doubt they've partnered each other more than 2 or 3 times since they've arrived at the club)

Thankfully the team's fortunes seem to have changed over the last few games.

Personally I thought it was little more than a run of bad luck more than anything. I didn't at anytime start to think it was the beginning of the end or join in the C.C. bashing (he says smuggly  :003:)

However I do feel that a small part of the turnaround could be down to the Bayne/Wyness pairing. They appear to compliment each other pretty well. Against Rangers in particular I thought they were superb.

I've not got it in for Craig Dargo, genuinly think he's a good player, he certainly scored plenty of goals for us last season, for which I will be eternely grateful. In fairness he developed a good partnership with Denzil for a spell last term but they haven't looked so good since that spell.

I'll no' be happy if either Bayne or Wyness is dropped for Dargo, this pair deserve a decent run (I doubt they've partnered each other more than 2 or 3 times since they've arrived at the club)

I haven't seen enough of ICT obviously but Bayne has impressed me when I have seen him and I think Dargo is good cover for Wyness who tends to blow hot and cold.

Just my tuppenceworth.

A few weeks ago on another thread, which was debating the Bayne/Dargo or Wyness/Dargo partnerships, I suggested that a Bayne/Wyness partnership could be the way to go. Of course the armchair experts shot me down but I still stand by it. Bayne/Wyness, for me, is the way to go.

A few weeks ago on another thread, which was debating the Bayne/Dargo or Wyness/Dargo partnerships, I suggested that a Bayne/Wyness partnership could be the way to go. Of course the armchair experts shot me down but I still stand by it. Bayne/Wyness, for me, is the way to go.

Indeed you did Alex, quite brave too (at the time)

Wyness to Gretna??????? Yer havin a laugh

It's late i'm tickling your ribs  :001:

So whats plan B ?

Well at the moment it would be Dargo and McSwegan for me anyhow, but it sounds like Alex knows something different :010:

BTW HH you're man Corcoran is the spitting image of Eddie Gray in style, obviously not as good as the great man but very very similar

Wyness to Gretna??????? Yer havin a laugh

It's late i'm tickling your ribs  :001:

So whats plan B ?

Well at the moment it would be Dargo and McSwegan for me anyhow, but it sounds like Alex knows something different :010:

BTW HH you're man Corcoran is the spitting image of Eddie Gray in style, obviously not as good as the great man but very very similar

Coco is a bit like wyness. Lets be honest here he ran about all day and done FA. on his day he is a total menace sp?

At home we should play all three up front and go to three at the back.

If we'd taken on Dargo the other day when we went 2-0 up and gone to three at the back, the crowd (home) would have loved it and gone mental

We probably have gone on to win 4-3, my kind of game! 

I'm a huge fan of Bayne - he'll win those headers all day and work tirelessly. He always gives 100% and puts on a good show. He was awesome against Rangers (again) and he was superb against St Mirren. I would definately choose Bayne up front. Although, having said that, the Dargo and Wyness partnership were stunning during that first half against Kilmarnock.

Christie has a tough dilemma (albeit, a good one) to choose his striking force.

Go with the form pairing at the mo, wyness and Bayne, who is coming on leaps and bounds. Dont think he'll ever be a goal machine but he is becoming a good outlet to hold the ball up. Wyness for a wee guy is also good at holding the ball up.

Dargo is always good for a goal so we should rotate them and throw Rory in every so often. He needs to play when the team are playing well and prefeably winning to aid his development.

And if we get another striker in then it would look like we'll lose Mcswegan, Ah Well! - gutted! :004:

At home we should play all three up front and go to three at the back.

If we'd taken on Dargo the other day when we went 2-0 up and gone to three at the back, the crowd (home) would have loved it and gone mental

We probably have gone on to win 4-3, my kind of game!   

Ron if we'd gone three at the back we'd have got humped. The whole squad broke down last twenty mins.