FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The "Who Should We Sign" Thread

Renegade

Guest Mahonio

From that SPL out of contract list from STV, i would go for: Gary Teale, Craig Samson, Darren Barr and Nick Riley.

Not sure if they would come though.

Guest Mahonio

I see Peter Leven of Oldham is out of contract this Summer, he was with Kilmarnock a while back, not sure if he's worth having a look at.

I might post a link of the site where I saw a list of League 2 players out of contract but it won't be until after 10pm.

I also see that Teale has signed a new deal with St Mirren, so that's one from my list that got away lol.

Brittain would get into the team.  We've only got one out of Draper, A.Shinnie and Jones signed.  Out of those, Shinnie is almost certainly leaving.  Brittain would slot right in there and do well.  If there's a chance, go for it.  That'd be really strong.

Brittain would get into the team.  We've only got one out of Draper, A.Shinnie and Jones signed.  Out of those, Shinnie is almost certainly leaving.  Brittain would slot right in there and do well.  If there's a chance, go for it.  That'd be really strong.

He strikes me as a grafter who has a good eye for a long pass and a cracking shot. I think we'd need somebody more creative than that to replace Shinnie. But yes, if jones left. He's even got the lugs to replace jones...... As Rene says, some seriously hacked off gudgies if that happened!

Guest Mahonio

Here is the link to the League 2 out of contract players, as promised plus League 1 and out of contract list, can't find a link to Blue Square Bet Premier out of contract list of out of contract players:).

http://www.thefootballforum.net/index.php?/topic/218288-out-of-contract-players/

http://www.thefootballforum.net/index.php?/topic/218289-out-of-contract-players-keeprelease/.

Adam Rooney out of contract at the end of the season.

he's awful now, he hardly plays for Swindon 

He's playing tonight and has scored twice in the first half!

He's scored a few recently.  Looks as though, getting a bit of a run, he's coming onto a game.  Maybe playing well at just the right time.

Yeah but Rooney is a lot younger than Tokely and is scoring more goals ata similar level than McKay was at Northampton.  Which suggests there may be more reasons than simple nostalgia to sign a young proven SPL goal scorer.

• Agree 1

Brittain would be an excellent signing, set pieces would be covered, he is a real box to box center mid too and the reaction it would provoke from Deek the Seethe, Uncle Roy and all the squabblers on OTB would be priceless.

Guest Mahonio

Hearts are set to release Darren Barr, Andy Webster, Marius Zaliukas, Danny Grainger, Dylan McGowan, Arvydas Novikovas and Fraser Mullen in the Summer.

Anyone on that list worth a punt on, I wouldn't mind McGowan?