FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Rescheduled County game

Guest Mahonio

Any ideas when this may take place, I reckon it'll be same night as Ajax v Celtic or will SPFL make it earlier or later?

Do you think the SPFL will trust County with an evening game? Saturday 16th of November would be ideal date!

Guest Mahonio

Any ideas when this may take place, I reckon it'll be same night as Ajax v Celtic or will SPFL make it earlier or later?

Do you think the SPFL will trust County with an evening game? Saturday 16th of November would be ideal date!

To be honest, it should have been played today but tv dictated it be played last night, if only tv didn't dictate when matches should be eh!?

Never thought of that date lol, completely forgot that was a free weekend due to international friendlies/play offs.

Em Im not so sure? Do we want to play without Billy Mckay?

• Agree 1

Saturday the 16th could be a goer. The World Cup play offs are scheduled for that time, and NI are not involved. I can't see any fixtures for that weekend for NI. I do wonder if the IFA might be in the process of organising a friendly though.

Not entirely sure if Northern Ireland even have fixture on the 15th.

Not entirely sure if Northern Ireland even have fixture on the 15th.

Might work then?

Would BT sports still have a contract for showing this on TV?  would they want to take the risk?  I wonder if this would have a bearing on the date.

Alba didn't reschedule  when they were meant to cover our last cancelled derby match. thats not to say BT Sports wouldnt cover the replay if it suited them 

Got something in the back of my mind telling me that top tier games an't be played on international weekends. Anyone think of any games where it's happened recently?

You're correct in what you're saying but at the time Northern Ireland didn't have a fixture(until today) it seemed viable given the circumstances that it needs to be re scheduled. I would rather the game happen in day light so that we don't get another call off.

I just hope the game is played sooner rather than later.

Edited by ICTRoughi

Got something in the back of my mind telling me that top tier games an't be played on international weekends.  Anyone think of any games where it's happened recently?

It has been done before. Cant remember who but if memory serves correct it was a game that had been postponed on more than one date and so was allowed to go ahead on International day and played at something like 11 a.m

Prefer it is played before the transfer window re opens, like what happened last year and they went and made several signings that changed there season. They didnt have much of a defense the other night, so I hope they dont get a chance to sign anyone before we get the re match.